TAT celebrates 59th anniversary

webfact

TAT celebrates 59th anniversary

23d112921ebddc069c9d02dcacc1211c2ce37617.jpg

BANGKOK, 19 March 2019 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) celebrated the 59th anniversary of its commitment to making Thailand a world favorite tourist destination.

TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said his agency held the cerebration for its 59th anniversary at its headquarters, followed by the handing out of royal decorations and certificates to senior officials with excellent work performances.

The TAT invited partner agencies to make donations to Seub Nakhasathien Foundation for the conservation of forests throughout the country.

The TAT governor said the organization has been working to promote tourism growth in Thailand by targeting capable tourists domestically and internationally, as well as promoting income distribution to local communities to help reduce inequalities.

The agency has received an ISO 27001 : 2013 certification on data security from the British Standards Institution (BSI), and announced the Hacka Travel campaign with the National Innovation Agency (NIA) to promote start-up businesses in tourist industry.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-03-19

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said his agency held the cerebration for its 59th anniversary at its headquarters, followed by the handing out of royal decorations and certificates to senior officials with excellent work performances.

Cerebration............Must be a literal translation then.................Senior officials with excellent work performances..............:cheesy: that must have taken all of 40 seconds, Why only senior officials, how about all the minions under you too.

41 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Cerebration............Must be a literal translation then.................Senior officials with excellent work performances..............:cheesy: that must have taken all of 40 seconds, Why only senior officials, how about all the minions under you too.

More nocturnal emissions - too many wet dreams. Must keep the myth alive so the yokels believe we're working for them and not some fat cats..

As I travel around the North-East, I sometimes allow myself the fantasy that TAT is actually interested in beautifying Thailand because it certainly is not beautiful except in the eyes of those for whom bush-scrub and copious amounts of litter and rubbish are beautiful.

I lost count of how many times Pattaya was going to be transformed into something other than a brothel. None of the reformers appear to have survived politically, which I guess is what happens when you threaten mafiosi livelihoods.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) celebrated the 59th anniversary of its commitment to making Thailand a world favorite tourist destination

judging by the TAT figures regarding tourist numbers which everyone here regards with derision, I wonder if the figure above is nearer to 5 years and 9 months?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The agency has received an ISO 27001 : 2013 certification on data security from the British Standards Institution (BSI)

Not wishing to put down the BSI, an electronics company I owned years ago gained BSI certification.

As someone once cynically described to me the system of following standard procedures and documenting them, they said if you had a system that your BSI manual documented to keep tabs on a shit company, as long as you followed the procedures in the manual to keep it shit, then your BSI accreditation was correctly following what it was designed for.

21 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

59 years. There is hope for retirement. What's the average life expectancy for a Thai government agency?

Employees retire at 60 here, so next year hopefully for this government agency too.

As an aside, I've read recently there's been some discussion about raising the retirement age to 65 in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, madmitch said:

They've actually only been in existence for 23 years! ????

Where does that info come from?

Initially the TAT themselves seem to claim:

"The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) was established on the 18th March 1960. TAT was the first organization in Thailand to be specifically responsible for the promotion of tourism."

I suppose you'd expect them to say that if they claim they're 59!

source:  http://www.tourismthailand-middleeast.org/en/about_us/ 

However, wiki makes them 40:

"The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) was finally established on 4 May 1979"

source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_Authority_of_Thailand#History 

39 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Where does that info come from?

Initially the TAT themselves seem to claim:

"The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) was established on the 18th March 1960. TAT was the first organization in Thailand to be specifically responsible for the promotion of tourism."

I suppose you'd expect them to say that if they claim they're 59!

source:  http://www.tourismthailand-middleeast.org/en/about_us/ 

However, wiki makes them 40:

"The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) was finally established on 4 May 1979"

source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_Authority_of_Thailand#History 

Just a made-up figure! Just copying the TAT!

Well, while they slap each other on their shoulders for (others) having done an excellent job it is noteworthy, that the occupancy of hotels across the land has reached 136% of its capacity. The average room rate per night on half-twin/ABF basis is on par with New York at THB 6'215.93 which is due to the efforts of all the Somchais, Nuengs, Peds and Somsaks. The contribution to the GDP has reached another mile stone of 141% and ............... yes, 2019 will be blessed with 44.9 million tourists (in the first nine months that is). 

Anyone in tourism is regretfully aware, that Thailand has passed its summit peak years ago and is presently going down the free fall halligalli (see Italy, Greece or Spain - they all made the same mistakes - and never recovered). 

Archived