German man dies in Phuket motorcycle crash

webfact

German man dies in Phuket motorcycle crash

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

1-4-1024x768.jpg

A German man has died after a motorbike crash in Thalang.

The Thalang Police were notified of the incident last night on Srisoonthorn Road in Baan Manik, Thalang.

The German man, 53 year old Carsten Elfried Koch, was the driver of a motorbike and sustained critical injuries as a result of the crash. He died at the scene.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/german-man-dies-in-phuket-motorcycle-crash

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-19

Carsten was running a dive business, let's see what happens there.

More importantly, he was taking care with his wife of her kids, I think 2. Let's hope they will be well taken care of.

21 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Oh, another hero! Don't fool yourself 

I do the same, i accept the risks. Life is not worth living without taking a few risks. I been riding a motorbike for 12 years here car a bit shorter. I am still alive and so are other people who i know who ride motorbikes and drive cars.

It’s very unfortunate for him  RIP

I’m sure he was well aware that this isn’t Germany or any other civilised country for that matter.

The sad thing is that way too many people die on the roads daily unnecessarily this is always due to

1) lack of proper driving training

2) unable to drive in a straight line for at lease a few houndred yards

3) Selfishness

4) Plenty of stupidity linked to being childish no matter their age

4) Not looking who else is on the roads, no caring I should rephrase, this is extremely dangerous but they can’t think that far ahead ????

5) Jumping red lights

6)  least but not last is driving the wrong way !!!

It would be very helpful for the new comers or tourists to be warned of these criminals inept to drive properly and respectfully.

Sadly, the so called police allows the Thais to get away with a murder ( absolutely literally ) Instead of enforcing the traffic regulations ( which probably they’re not even aware of themselves ! ) Just last night a couple of cops on a bike cut my way without looking and I nearly was going to crash into them ???? hopeless at everything they do ????????‍♂️

4 hours ago, shady86 said:

Just another day in Thailand. Maybe we can setup a database for the foreign nationals who lost their lives on road here? 

No mention yet of tragic accident wiset road last night ferange big biker killed, thai man and pregnant wife possibly two more.....

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I do the same, i accept the risks. Life is not worth living without taking a few risks. I been riding a motorbike for 12 years here car a bit shorter. I am still alive and so are other people who i know who ride motorbikes and drive cars.

Well, but be aware that more than 10.000 people of yours die on the roads every year. 

And.... As long you would die by your own fault it's OK but if you cause an accident and others are injured or die you would give me same pathetic reply? 

2 hours ago, balo said:

Wearing a helmet I hope. 

Always the moment i leave the gated village then i put a helmet on. I don't see why not.

I feel the risks are worth the rewards, if i take my car it takes at least 2 times as long (at least + parking problems). 

I am in BKK and it is just far too hard to use a car there. 

Yes motorbikes are dangerous, but if you drive good yourself a lot of the risk is lower. Of course you can always get killed but I accept that risk. I got a health insurance too.

I just don't want to be scared of everything. (personal opinion not judging others)

Archived