"Whale vomit" set to make Chumphon man rich!

webfact

"Whale vomit" set to make Chumphon man rich!

4pm.jpg

Pocture: Sanook

A Chumphon man and his daughter went to the police yesterday with a large lump of whale vomit. 

He had found it on the beach 25 years ago and wasn't sure what it was. But he kept it at his house. 

Then a visitor told him he was sitting on a gold mine. It was "ambergris" or whale vomit that is highly prized in the perfume industry. 

His daughter put a picture of the 11 kilogram lump of congealed puke online. Soon enough a French businessman offered one million baht a kilo if it proves to be genuine. 

It will thus be worth 11 million baht. 

Wicharn or "Lung Ort" (Uncle Tadpole) 64, went with his 23 year old daughter Wansa "Nong Fon" with their valuable possession in a plastic bag. After finding out how valuable it might be they felt worried and wanted an official report that they were the owners. 

Lung Ort said that he used to run a restaurant on the beach in Tha Hin, Sawi district and he found the waxy lump half buried in the sand in 1994. 

He wasn't sure what it was but kept it anyway in a cabinet as it looked interesting.

Just last week a friend of his son's came from Phuket and told them what it was and that it was very valuable. 

Ambergris or "whale vomit" is used in high end fragrances to prolong a perfume's scent. 

His daughter immediately put a picture online and the French businessman made his offer, subject to verification of the authenticity of the vomit. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-19

18 minutes ago, seahorse said:

That's put me off using high end fragrances. 

Haha you didn't know what's in the high end perfumes?? Also a lot of things from the butt of certain animals...yup that's right, you rubbed it on your face 5555.

4 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

She’s hot and ought to bring a few million baht sin sod now that they’re richer.

'my thought exactly but i was thinking more in lines of the father offering dowery to the groom.

4 hours ago, Xaos said:

Why did he took it to police is only mystery here

No  mystery, clearly stated in the article. "

After finding out how valuable it might be they felt worried and wanted an official report that they were the owners." Wisely, they went as a group (witnesses).

On 3/19/2019 at 3:27 PM, Xaos said:

Why did he took it to police is only mystery here

Please familiarise yourself with the War on Drugs that occurred here in 2003. Unusually rich and unconnected = extrajudicial execution, no questions asked.

If your financial circumstances change for the better in Thailand, everybody knows and knows fast. And you can bet the people who call the shots locally want to know how you got it.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:51 PM, happy chappie said:

Why on earth would anyone want to keep what looks like a bag of elephants <deleted> in their cupboard for 25 years.im a bit suspicious of this because it was only last week that a man in hua hin came out with the same sounding story.

Well, I'm not sure about the "Ambergris," it doesn't look right, could be fake news... someone looking to make money from a lump of old liver. I do hope there's a follow up story, but won't hold my breathe.

Archived