Does Pattaya Have Direct Flights

astral

A lot of Russian and Eastern European charters used to come into U-Tapao, but I dont' think there are any scheduled international flights. The Thai government has been trying to convince a few airlines to use U-Tapao. They have been, as you might expect, unenthusiastic.

U Tapao is a military base with a huge runway for Galaxies to land apparently. Surely now that Thailand is only fighting a civil war, it could for very little investment have another international airport.

This would really help the tourism in the area and ease the pressure on Bangkok airport and the motorways around it.

I reckon ,IMO, this would be a better investment for Thailand as opposed to buying 30% of a football team on the other side of the globe.

U Tapao is a military base with a huge runway for Galaxies to land apparently. Surely now that Thailand is only fighting a civil war, it could for very little investment have another international airport.

This would really help the tourism in the area and ease the pressure on Bangkok airport and the motorways around it.

I reckon ,IMO, this would be a better investment for Thailand as opposed to buying 30% of a football team on the other side of the globe.

the new international airport is being built as we speak, in between chonburi and bangkok. :o

But at a much greater cost to the already depleted public coffers :o

Greater cost to the Japanese banks that are funding it at the moment.

Thailand will probably only start repayments after Toxin vacates the power-chair.

(And says 'Look how much I did for you, and how badly my successors are doing')

Reckon it will be middle of 2006 before you see regular flights landing there. That is when Don Muang will change to 'Domestic' flights. So, unless you finish your flight at BKK (for Bangkok or Pattaya) you will have a trip all across town to catch your onward flight to Chiang Mai, Phuket or wherever. And the rail connections are scheduled for Phase II. Road connections only in Phase I, with no visible car parking. The whole thing is a planned disaster.