Lady of the Hills: English teacher in Thailand denies murdering Thai wife whose remains were found in UK

webfact

8 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They don't need a way.

They do what they want, when they want, without basis in law, regulation or anything else. 

Well, usually there's some pretense, at least... But effectively, yes....

What some folks above were missing is, the Thai criminal police here don't need to lift a finger regarding investigating a possible murder case that occurred in England. All they need to do is bring Immigration Police into the picture and look for some reason to send him packing.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pegman said:

Sounds guilty as hell to me. He told his son that his mother had gone back to Thailand to marry someone else. When the son went years later  to his grandparents in Udon to find his mother the dots began to be connected. 

This is beginning to sound like an episode of Silent Witness. Call in forensics!

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Thaigeezer Clouseaus on the case- it will be solved in minutes!

i'm just glad the poor woman's family will have a body to grieve and maybe get some closure at last.

With help from TV bar stool detectives I am convinced that this old murder case will be solved before the bar closes. 

47 minutes ago, Johnnyy said:

All over the British media this morning. Pictures of him online. I suspect he will be interviewed very soon.....

I guess bribing BIB is out of the question? Anyway the accident or murder happened in England so Thai police cannot arrest him without a warrant.

Why is there such a high percentage of presumptive conclusions that she was murdered by her husband ?   Given the low moral standards and a poor record of Thai marriage fidelity it may be far from the truth.

Her elderly parents are stating the marriage was in difficulties when in fact the last contact she had with them was just before she died and for years prior to that no contact at all according to some earlier reports.  Of course being Thai if the marriage was rocky it must be a Farangs fault as Thais are perfect aren't they and can never be responsible for anything ?

Given that her parents  from Phen in Udon Thani had her at 20 admitting that they were and still are a poor family then one has to ask the question exactly where did he meet this lady (and marry her in 1991) when she would have been 24 herself ? Statistically, coming from Issan, this may provide a clue. At the time he himself would have been around 28.

So, having bagged herself a Farang, no doubt considering herself lucky and hence able to support the family as most Farangs are expected to do.  So far so good, but given the Thai proclivity to BS and losing face, what would she have been thinking when eventually her and her children had to move in with his parents to live ?   Perhaps that may be one reason she didn't contact her own parents for a long time- loss of face perhaps ?

So, upset with her Farang husband possibly not being able to keep her in a lifestyle she dreamed off, she  could have strayed bit.   My presumption admittedly but not unheard of , certainly not unusual for a Thai married to a Farang.  What if she earned herself an income by "entertaining" others and unfortunately her life was ended by one of these nutters ?

A lot has been made as to why he moved back to Thailand.  Well having 2 children , half Thai, his job prospects not being too good in the UK ( hence having to move in with parents),  he thought it best for his children's future to take a teaching post in Thailand when the opportunity occurred. 

So to pre-judge him based on circumstantial evidence is somewhat unfair as much as it would be unfair on her if her previous sexual history were to be  unravelled .

Let's just hope she is resting in peace and the truth can one day be determined.

20 minutes ago, bander said:

Anyway the accident or murder happened in England so Thai police cannot arrest him without a warrant.

The locals probably cannot arrest him for a foreign murder. But they certainly can arrest and deport him for Immigration reasons or any other local issues, if they can find any to be had.

For example, in the news lately, vaping seems to be a deportable offense...

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The locals probably cannot arrest him for a foreign murder. But they certainly can arrest and deport him for Immigration reasons or any other local issues, if they can find any to be had.

For example, in the news lately, vaping seems to be a deportable offense...

A strange example but if caught vaping, as one person was, there immigration status in Thailand could indeed be changed and effectively the person caught could be deported for that proven offense (note a proven offense).  But as yet Thailand has not sunk to the depths of deporting people based on rumors spread by Thai families, TV armchair detectives and no evidence and/or being a Farang - well not yet anyway

9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

A strange example but if caught vaping, as one person was, there immigration status in Thailand could indeed be changed and effectively the person caught could be deported for that proven offense (note a proven offense).  But as yet Thailand has not sunk to the depths of deporting people based on rumors spread by Thai families, TV armchair detectives and no evidence and/or being a Farang - well not yet anyway

With Immigration's X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner campaign and sweeps of late, all it takes is some minor Immigration offense and you can find yourself getting booted. Especially if they have the motivation to come looking for you.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If you are wanted, and there is a warrant for your arrest, then the UK police can get your UK passport cancelled. The UK authorities then notify this fact to the Thai authorities, who will rescind your extension of stay or your visa as you are wanted in another country and you do not have a valid travel document.

At this point you can be picked up for being in Thailand without permission, and deported back to the UK.

All of this happens quietly and behind the scenes, so when the Thai police turn up and arrest you there is nothing to discuss.

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

If you are wanted, and there is a warrant for your arrest, then the UK police can get your passport cancelled. The UK authorities then notify this fact to the Thai authorities, who will rescind your extension of stay or your visa as you are wanted in another country and you do not have a valid travel document.

At this point you can be picked up for being in the Thailand without permission, and deported back to the UK.

All of this happens quietly and behind the scenes, so when the Thai police turn up and arrest you there is nothing to discuss.

That's the UK initiated method.

There's also the Thai initiated method that's possible, without any involvement of the UK authorities, if the locals feel motivated to scrutinize a guy who "may" have murdered a Thai national, and manage to find any reason to cut him loose from Thailand. Not much due process involved in that end of the equation.

Difficult case to solve without any real evidence. 

What we need to know is if she left him for another guy in the UK, and if not,  why did he not report her missing ?  

If she stayed with him until 2004, and he did not report her missing, he is as guilty as it gets. 

Just now, GinBoy2 said:

Well after watching countless crime dramas, and my cousin cop, it's always some family member who is the first line of inquiry.

i believe, there is an old (British) police saying; " when you have a murder, you start by looking in the loft"  

30 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Why ? Only needs a majority verdict from a jury and it’s not looking good is it.

Perhaps the jury will be chiefly made up of TVF peeps in which case he can skip the court process and head straight for the cells !! 

Why, because usually there is not much evidence left after such a long time. So proving it might be real hard. I am not saying he did it, but he is of course a prime suspect. I should have said its hard to get a conviction of anyone. 

1 hour ago, wordchild said:
1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well after watching countless crime dramas, and my cousin cop, it's always some family member who is the first line of inquiry.

i believe, there is an old (British) police saying; " when you have a murder, you start by looking in the loft"  

Keaton was a grounded guy, an ex cop. To a cop the explanation is never that complicated, it’s always simple. If you got a dead body and you think his brother did it, your going to find out your right.

Verbal 

6 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I also think this looks extremely suspicious.

Innocent until proven guilty but if I was on the investigating team he would be my prime suspect.  

Naw' he must be guilty it's thaivisa for god sake

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

How many times do we read on this forum that after moving to the UK a Thai wife leaves her husband for another man? Or for whatever reason the wife deserts the husband? Or that the Thai wife has an extramarital affair?

Who is to say that didn't happen,  and the other man killed her - if, in fact she was murdered. She could have easily met another man and decided to move back to Thailand. Who is to say that didn't happen. It's entirely believable to me.

Lets look at the facts, shall we?

1) The woman was found dead in the U.K. in 2004, so how could she have moved back to Thailand as you suggest?

2) The husband claimed she had gone missing and had returned to Thailand to marry another man, at least this is what he told his son and other relatives at the time. Was this prior to 2004?  This is not made clear.  So, were the couple divorced?  Because if not, she would be committing bigamy, which presumably is illegal in Thailand.

3) It has not yet been proved conclusively that she was murdered but the likelihood is great.

IMO the husband should be extradited to the U.K. and questioned by the British police.  Did he ever file a missing persons report?  So many unanswered questions.

I find this story very tragic and the fact that the locals in the village near where she was found paid for her funeral and have held a memorial for her every year is very touching.

8 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Thai police interrogation methods should extract a confession quick smart. Huge success rate.

Case closed.

Personally my views are he should be interviewed jointly by the Thai and British police, remember she died in the UK and if he did kill her then the trial should take place in the UK.

Archived