Video: This "lady's" not for turning! Ladyboy apologizes after pirouette at formal degree ceremony

webfact

Video: This "lady's" not for turning! Ladyboy apologizes after pirouette at formal degree ceremony

8pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A ladyboy graduate who did an impromptu pirouette after getting her degree certificate at Bangkok University on Saturday came in for a storm of criticism. 

Such events are steeped in tradition and all participants must follow a strict routine when being presented with their degrees. 

But in a video that was shown on national TV after being posted on Facebook the recipient does a full turn before exiting the stage. 

Thai Rath TV said many people condemned the move.

The graduate is a lady boy who later went on her Facebook page to apologize. 

He said he got caught up in the excitement of the moment and wanted to have a bit of fun. The uni had advised everyone of the protocols and he regretted breaking them and has learnt a life lesson. 

He apologized for the inappropriate behavior. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-19

Nothing wrong with this at all. She, he, ze, could almost make an excuse that she, he, ze didn't know which way to turn and just spun around confused. There has to at least some minor confusion in there, being a ladyboy and all!

8 minutes ago, Cereal said:

the Nothing wrong with this at all. She, he, ze, could almost make an excuse that she, he, ze didn't know which way to turn and just spun around confused. There has to at least some minor confusion in there, being a ladyboy and all!

8 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Nothing wrong with this at all. She, he, ze, could almost make an excuse that she, he, ze didn't know which way to turn and just spun around confused. There has to at least some minor confusion in there, being a ladyboy and all!

No confusion, they know exactly who they are ????

Great to see some creativity added, I am sure "the royal" who spent the day being bored was somewhat amused with the originality.

Having been to one of these great boring choreographed events, I think their is turnaround of one certificate every 25 seconds maximum to get through all the graduates  

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

No confusion, they know exactly who they are ????

Great to see some creativity added, I am sure "the royal" who spent the day being bored was somewhat amused with the originality.

Having been to one of these great boring choreographed events, I think their is turnaround of one certificate every 25 seconds maximum to get through all the graduates  

Bangkok University is private one. So no royal.

"Steeped in tradition" ???? the oldest university is barely a hundred years old. This country is so full of fake traditions it's ridiculous. Probably invented by a humourless sourfaced spinster in the 50s who wanted a bit more kowtowing.

Well, the "degree receiving ceremony" usually requires at least three full days of rehearsals ...... so something went wrong in the briefing of the graduates.

They should have made us of the alternative of having their degrees sent home with the compliments of Thailandpost ???? but it is difficult to spot the renegade graduates. 

21 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I've been to a couple of graduation events for relatives of my wife in Thailand and they are pretty dire and boring.   I can't remember my graduation much except that I had an almighty hangover!

I didn't go to mine.

Archived