BANGKOK 26 April 2019 10:46
Brunolem

No one year multiple non O (Thai child) in Penang anymore

I was just on the phone with Penang Thai Consulate, after an exchange of emails, to make sure things were clear. 

The Consulate, both by email and on the phone, kept on referring me to its website, which is in fact the same as the Embassy in KL, and only mentions single entry non O. 

After insisting on the phone, I was finally told that, no, the Consulate doesn't deliver one year multiple non O visas, anymore. 

Now, I am left with the following question: is there any Embassy or Consulate, not too far from Thailand, that still delivers that type of visa for parents of a Thai child? 

29 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

After insisting on the phone, I was finally told that, no, the Consulate doesn't deliver one year multiple non O visas, anymore. 

I think that is false info since I have seen no reports of them not being issued now.

I suggest you contact Jim the most well known agent in Penang to get the correct info. http://jimsplacepenang.tripod.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that is false info since I have seen no reports of them not being issued now.

I suggest you contact Jim the most well known agent in Penang to get the correct info. http://jimsplacepenang.tripod.com/

I sent him an email... let's wait for his answer... 

Even if they dont do Multi Non-O, get the Non-O and once in Thailand go to your local Imm office and pay +/-3200 Baht for the Multi-ReEntry Stamp

6 minutes ago, iroc4life said:

Even if they dont do Multi Non-O, get the Non-O and once in Thailand go to your local Imm office and pay +/-3200 Baht for the Multi-ReEntry Stamp

That would only be good for the 90 day entry from a non-o visa is valid. A re-entry permit adds no days it only keeps the permit stay valid that it was issued when entering the country.

• Like 1

also in Belgium and in the Netherlands the 'consulate' doesn't give Multiple Non O Visa anymore. Only an 'embassy' delivers it.

1 hour ago, easydoor said:

also in Belgium and in the Netherlands the 'consulate' doesn't give Multiple Non O Visa anymore. Only an 'embassy' delivers it.

The reverse is true for Laos and Malaysia - only the Consulates offer the multi-non-o option.  But I believe all of those are "official consulates" - not "honorary consulates."  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I tried to contact jim. 

First email no reply

2nd time his reply was :  YES, I do visa

his facebook page does not even have a contact option

many bad reviews about the arrogance of this man

and not revealing how much he $$$$ wants for his service

I hope the above OP info is false as this is/was the one "way out" or having to be forced to go Elite style

If he can deliver a multi non-O as I don't know being "friends" with the people working there, greasing the wheels or something... I would not mind

If it is to spend 3 days overthere, flight, hotel, agent,  only SETV non-o , I guess ELite will be the no S... option for 5 years

Edited by justin case

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

The reverse is true for Laos and Malaysia - only the Consulates offer the multi-non-o option.  But I believe all of those are "official consulates" - not "honorary consulates."  

Did Joe not mention that only Penang was left for multi non-o in broad asia ?

3 minutes ago, justin case said:

Did Joe not mention that only Penang was left for multi non-o in broad asia ?

Penang is is the only location doing a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai.

The others only do them based upon marriage.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, justin case said:

I tried to contact jim. 

his facebook page does not even have a contact option

many bad reviews about the arrogance of this man

and not revealing how much he $$$$ wants for his service

Non, non. I beg to differ.

I did 2 visas O 1 year with Jim (last was in november 2018, reports were posted here on TV).

Jim is a nice, helpful and straightful guy.

"Arrogance" is just a myth or a misunderstanding at best.

Yes he doesn't answer quickly to email (or even..... never). So what ?

Jim does the job. And a damn good well. For people like me (not maried, but father of a thai child)... Jim and Penang consulate are a blessing.

If this (shocking) Penang story is true, then Jim will answer, I'm sure.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

nly tourist and single entry visas at consulate in Amsterdam

in the hague can do all 

3 hours ago, christophe75 said:

That makes it hard to use him as a source for info - such as the OP's concern.  I also never received a reply (years ago) to an email I sent to him.  That said, he is considered the "go to guy" for those who go to Penang for Thai visas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Non, non. I beg to differ.

I did 2 visas O 1 year with Jim (last was in november 2018, reports were posted here on TV).

Jim is a nice, helpful and straightful guy.

"Arrogance" is just a myth or a misunderstanding at best.

Jim does the job. And a damn good well. For people like me (not maried, but father of a thai child)... Jim and Penang consulate are a blessing.

If this (shocking) Penang story is true, then Jim will answer, I'm sure.

I can confirm that Jim hasn't answered my email, which I sent 24 hours ago. 

Considering that Penang is not exactly next door, one might want to be 100% sure before going that far for a visa. 

With the Consulate saying that it doesn't grant one year visa (marriage or child) and Jim saying... nothing... Penang appears to be a risky destination for those interested in such a visa. 

Just sayin'...