When will Songkran be over this year?

balo

I need to rent a pickup from 19th April to move some stuff to Bangkok. And I am going to pick it up on Friday 19th.

Is it over by then or should I expect some delays ? 

7 minutes ago, balo said:

Is it over by then or should I expect some delays ? 

The experts might beat me, but isn't April 19th the worst possible day for Pattaya?

They have this extended period and the climax being 19th or 20th.

Complete utter madness and lock-down.

I would not set foot on Pattaya roads before Monday 22nd.

Have "fun":

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

The experts might beat me, but isn't April 19th the worst possible day for Pattaya?

I think it is but you should be ok on the 20th unless going to Bang Saray which I think is the following day for their "celebrations".

I don't think you will get anywhere in central Pattaya on the 19th.

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes total mayhem on the 19th...gridlock,  would be best to "pickup" the pickup either 18th or 20th

I can't wait so it must be done that weekend. I was hoping the worst of it would be over , but if KhunBenq is right I could struggle driving through the city and main road to Bangkok.

Maybe wait until after 6 PM ? 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

If you have no choice then yes wait for the dark.

Traffic TO Bangkok should not be too bad as it is a Friday evening.

No rush to get back to work for the Bangkokians.

Take shortest route to Sukhumvit on major roads.

10 minutes ago, balo said:

I can't wait so it must be done that weekend. I was hoping the worst of it would be over , but if KhunBenq is right I could struggle driving through the city and main road to Bangkok.

Can't you go early morning Saturday the 20th ? By then it's all over (for Pattaya that is)

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Have "fun":

GOOD GOD !!

That looked horrible !

All those people smiling, dancing... happy people make me sick !

2 hours ago, HighPriority said:

GOOD GOD !!

That looked horrible !

All those people smiling, dancing... happy people make me sick !

at bigger shopping malls you can usually send kids to within

a fended off area so they can play while you run your errands.

why should it be any different with adult infantiles

that has the urge to play while you do your daily errands ?

just send them off to a fended off area so they cant

cause accidents by throwing dirty water in the eyes of motorcyclists trying to get on with their lives ?

12 hours ago, HighPriority said:

GOOD GOD !!

That looked horrible !

After a week of it yes its horrible....the problem is you have no choice whether to join in or not..you go out anywhere near the "happy people"  and they will "happily" make you soaking wet

with various liquids  often via high pressure water guns into eyes ears mouth and nose, cover you in "powder"  deliberately try to knock you off a motorbike...they wont take no for an answer and get hostile/violent if you refuse.

One day of madness in a confined area where everyone knows that is the area to avoid if you don't want to play

would be fine...its not like that...you can be ambushed by the "happy people" anywhere any time for a whole week

its quite unreasonable.

OP, as others have said the 19th is the biggest day, however if you are out early on the 19th you would still be ok. I was out and about last year at 9-10am last year and still relatively quiet even up until lunchtime, it builds slowly to a peak late afternoon.

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Have "fun":

Thanks for the video that showed some people having a little fun and nothing else. But showed absolutely no reason to not set foot in Pattaya until April 22nd. 

7 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Start number 10
Finnish number16/17 depending where you are

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

In the context of the original OPs question a big fail - did you read any of the replies?

On 3/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Peterw42 said:

OP, as others have said the 19th is the biggest day, however if you are out early on the 19th you would still be ok. I was out and about last year at 9-10am last year and still relatively quiet even up until lunchtime, it builds slowly to a peak late afternoon.

Agreed, there may be some at the side of the road relatively early but the congestion is not really evident until around late morning. Traffic congestion is more to do with vehicles coming into the city rather than going out.

PS Stick to the No 7, not sure when last day for Bang Saen but there is always heavy congestion there from both directions.

seen on Sukhumwit 4 years ago opposite Lotus..A large tan

ker filling the water tanks on pick ups[was a queue]...Written on the side of the tanker were the words   ..'Emty you tilet' and a phone number...

Archived