Deestone tyres for pickup any good now?

Could only see old review for discontinued tyre but is this Deestone brand any good .? My local Blacks in Phimai has a promotion for 4 tyres 245-70- 16 at around 10500 vs Bridgestone at 25,000. It’s for my brother in laws Isuzu pickup so not quite as critical as my own on which I have factory fitted Bridgestones,but of course I don’t want any false economies or dangerous tyres . Maxiss was another option which has a cheaper basic price but no promotion so more expensive 

I think we have Deestone on our old pickup or they could be Maxxis !! We went with a cheaper brand as we don't drive fast at all and not very far normally. We paid under 10k for the set and they are fit for purpose. On our Ranger, we replaced OEM tyres with Michelin but they were 20k plus..

12 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

My local Blacks in Phimai has a promotion for 4 tyres 245-70- 16 at around 10500 vs Bridgestone at 25,000.

I like Bridgestones but say no more ???? when my Bridgestones on my new truck wear out will put Deestones my wife's nephew has them on his Vigo which drive from time to time, no problem af4er I put the correct psi in em. ????  

45 minutes ago, ravip said:

It’s for my brother in laws Isuzu pickup so not quite as critical as my own on which I have factory fitted Bridgestones

Not quite as critical as my own...??? ????

I do much more long distance journeys at higher speeds  in mine,him primarily local. What did you think I meant ?

51 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I like Bridgestones but say no more ???? when my Bridgestones on my new truck wear out will put Deestones my wife's nephew has them on his Vigo which drive from time to time, no problem af4er I put the correct psi in em. ????  

My 4 year old pickup with 90000 kilometres is showing hardly any wear on the original Bridgestones. I’m very conscientious about pressures ( a hangover from track days) and always check with my digital gauge when cold to ensure 29psi when cold. Just got it back from a service at my local Isuzu and they were 36 psi when I measured cold this morning. God knows what they pumped them up to when doing it while hot! They are mostly a good dealer on everything else but Do they not really understand the importance of tyre pressures in Thailand ?!

56 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Mine been on over 4 years, no issues, and way cheaper.

For a vehicle that sees max 120 k no problem.

We have premium tires on our Teana because I drive it fast.

A Teana....????......Imagine a Camaro being badged a Teana, it would be history....????

A year ago a local company fitted 4 deestones on my pickup. After a month or so i drove 200km with a heavy load on the back. Afterthat I noticed the car was vibrating. Cause was a flat section in a rear tyre, clearly visible. I got another deestone tyre for that. 

5 months later, no heavy loads in that time, i noticed vibrations on my (manual) gear-poke. Check revealed a slight flat area on a deestone tyre in the front... 

After that, i changed to another brand for the front two tyres. While this was ongoing another small flat area was found on another deestone tyre. That makes 3.... Now i drive still with 2 deestones in the back while keeping 1 at home for spare.

Never again for me...

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Well, that does not apply to my story. I bought the car new in 1999 and have still the original brake-pads in. It is my personal experience about deestone. 

Still on original brake pads after 20 years indicates very, very low mileage so maybe your flat spots are from sitting in the garage for weeks or months on end.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

original brake pads after 20 years

He maybe  a "Hypermiler"   minimal braking just to come to a complete stop,extraordinary anticipation and road reading skills (ESP) use the gears to slow down...flatspot tyres could help with the slowing down too

100 KM per litre of fuel. ????

So many guesses on how i got flat spots. Use the car almost daily. It was clearly visible on the inside of the tyre, indicating the internal structure of the tyre was compromised. Go on.... I challenge you, buy you (mai)deestones. Wish you many safe miles with it.

Greetings from the never braking hypermiler overzealous braker ????

7 hours ago, tracker said:

Well, that does not apply to my story. I bought the car new in 1999 and have still the original brake-pads in. It is my personal experience about deestone. 

You flat spot the tires - not the brake pads

4 hours ago, JaiLai said:

What sort of mileage will they be good for? Mostly highway driving.

We do not use it much - only road trips.

Time comes up before the tires are worn at all. Probably less than 20K

My tire guy loves to see me - he pays very little for my old tires as they usually 90+ percent tread remaining. But I change when they get hard - start to squeal a lot.

Probably try Pirelli P Zero next

On 3/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, canthai55 said:

We do not use it much - only road trips.

Time comes up before the tires are worn at all. Probably less than 20K

My tire guy loves to see me - he pays very little for my old tires as they usually 90+ percent tread remaining. But I change when they get hard - start to squeal a lot.

Probably try Pirelli P Zero next

ok - thanks

Archived