No Embassy proof of pension letter

34 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

This entire process is totally insane with the IO's bending the laws however they please. 

I'm waiting to see a post on someone doing their one year extension based on marriage with the 40k income method and no affidavit. 

Apparently I was wrong about what I said above about not being able to use foreign bank deposits for marriage extension applications. Apparently you can, provided your embassy is no longer issuing income affidavits. As I said, that was a bit out of my realm.

864908311_ForeignbankdepositsallowedformarriageextensionincomewhenEmbassynolongerissuingaffidavits.jpg.7c975c00ec2a4f4445f13bcafa96c394.jpg

28 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

One thing I did learn with Bangkok Bank is

What city BKKB branch was giving you that advice about their limits on obtaining the credit letters?

If you've got a BKKB branch that's operating that way, obviously, the solution moving forward is to keep your passbook regularly updated AND to request the credit advice letters from your branch before the recent 6 month period expires.

AFAIK, all the Thai bank passbook print systems will default to a single summary entry if there have been more than 20 or 30 some odd individual entries since the last time the bank book was updated. I've run into that same problem many times myself.

My PC's hard disk died last week, so now after having recovered it, I'm going thru and trying to file and organize all the various recent Immigration stuff I'd been saving.

Here's another member report saying CW BKK Immigration for the future expects to be seeing credit advice documents from the banks to document people's monthly foreign bank transfers, and not only the former generic "applicant owns this account and has such and such balance bank letter," for those who no longer have access to Embassy income affidavits.

1577567083_ReportonCWrulesforfuturemonthlyforeigntransferdocs.jpg.7aa9fefaf3f9d007602a0732765b1505.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

I've seen one post of someone successfully using the foreign bank deposit method for retirement extension without affidavit, but has there been any reports on a successful extension renewal with someone using the "income" method where the funds are not coming from a pension, social security, or disability AND they have no embassy affidavit/letter? 

Let's say someone says their income comes from a rental property or stock investments for example. If the applicants embassy is no longer issuing these affidavits/letters, it seems to me those people are going to be at the mercy of the IOs don't you think? 

As far as I know, Immigration only cares that 1. the 65k baht comes from abroad and 2. the 65k baht is deposited into a Thai bank account.  Of course, each Immigration Office is allowed to make up their own rules.

SammyJ had an income verification letter from the US Consulate but Chiang Mai Immigration refused to accept it.  He got his extension after he obtained documentation from his Thai bank that he did 12 monthly transfers.  If you read all four of SammyJ's posts, I think they will answer your questions.

12 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

One thing I did learn with Bangkok Bank is that is you don't update you Bangkok Bank passbook between international incoming transfers (FTT), and have more than 30 transactions between each transfer, when you finally decide to update your pass book the past FTT transfers will not show in the pass book.  

I was also told they were only able to see FTT transfers in their system for the previous 6 months. They said if I wanted anything further back I need to get a 12 month statement from the head office in Bangkok. They would then and only then be able to provide me with the complete  print out for every FTT I made last year. I'm my case I had about 18 in total starting from January 2018. 

I guess if you have your passbook updated frequently, and every FTT transaction showing, your local branch should be able to print up the Credit Advice locally. 

I suspect that the only practical solution is to start making a point of toddling along to BKKB every 6 months for a statement covering the previous 6 months. That's what the OP of this thread has been doing, and I'm planning to follow his lead since I'm in an identical situation to his (and, indeed, have already obtained an initial 6 month statement for my next retirement extension application in July, thanks to his thread which was particularly timely for me in that regard!):-

As regards getting your passbook updated frequently, this will, of course, be totally useless in any event where there has been overprinting as illustrated in the attached example (an issue which I have frequently encountered when updating bank passbooks).

Passbook overprinting example.pdf

Edited by OJAS

I should have explained that my first visit to Immigration on Tuesday was intended to be only enquiring how they were dealing with the new rules ie no Embassy letter.

Anyhow, they checked all my papers and copies etc and said I had everything except the bank statements/letter. I already knew that but needed to know exactly what they required from my bank (Thanachart).

they kept my application saying they would consult with others if anything else would be required. I already had a print out from my TransferWise account for the last 6 months but they wanted records for the entire year.

At home I printed the Immigration order kindly supplied by nasa123. I 'suggested' they studied their Thai version. Bad idea as their copy was actually 4 pages long and they found a paragraph saying I needed the full year.

Off to the bank -- 200 thb. When we were there, the oldest IO rang them asking for another document -- 100 thb. Returning to the office they highlighted the years entries saying there were more than 12 payments and should be only one/month. A bit silly so I once again reiterated last year we didn't know the Embassy was gonna stop letters and I sent for money from 2 pensions when we needed it. There was no order saying we can't send money every day. Then she said now there is! So, next she called Nong Khai and I heard her saying sahm duen (sorry for my bad spelling but you know I mean 3 months).

No apology or correction but they then said I could pay, go home and they would bring my passport with the extension to our home at 5.30. I was both delighted and flabbergasted. 

I'll add this before closing. Used same office/IO for 18 years and never seen what I saw yesterday. Teams of Fully armed Immigration Police wearing TACTICS badges looking more like a SWAT team. Maybe 15 in all. Missus says they had a full list of names and remote Provincial towns they would be visiting over the next few days. Didn't hear if they looking for foreigners but seemed a bit OTT to dig out a few Laos working girls in the karaoke bars?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yosib157 said:

I'll add this before closing. Used same office/IO for 18 years and never seen what I saw yesterday. Teams of Fully armed Immigration Police wearing TACTICS badges looking more like a SWAT team. Maybe 15 in all. Missus says they had a full list of names and remote Provincial towns they would be visiting over the next few days. Didn't hear if they looking for foreigners but seemed a bit OTT to dig out a few Laos working girls in the karaoke bars?

Or maybe the team of immigration police were there to drag you to detention in case the immigration officer disapproved your extension of stay application.....or the immigration officer was getting tired of you questioning them so much and called the SWAT team.  ????

Seriously though, in the case where the immigration officer said "more than one transfer per month was no good," gave you a brief hard time over that is crazy....but I totally believe it.   Maybe the immigration officer was thinking if a person couldn't send at least Bt65K per transfer, then maybe he doesn't really have enough income....doing everything he can to scrape-up enough money to send over....like maybe even rotating money back to the home country and then sending it back to Thailand a few days/weeks later.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

like maybe even rotating money back to the home country and then sending it back to Thailand a few days/weeks later. 

Sounds like a desperate move, but actually would work, especially if it's true what many people have said about immigration not caring where the source of the money comes from.

Though I seriously doubt it's like this. 

I personally think what immigration wants is some type of reassurance that the monthy income is reliable and will countinue without interruption. A pension, social social security, or disability can all be proven by document supplementation. I'm sure for some of you on a retirement visa, and using the monthly foreign account income transfers method, the credit advices from your bank state exactly where the source of funds (income) is coming from. 

Botton line is without some type of scrutiny the IOs wouldn't be doing a very good job would they? 

Edited by lucky2008