I don't miss U.K but I miss....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JordanJones said:

The photos show junk food

I read a report that vegans and vegos can die an early death due to the stress of denying themselves comfort food. Makes sense to me but its all about moderation. 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

That was my first stop, but not anymore, it costs about 7 GBP just for carry out fish and chips.

You can make two huge plates at home for half that price.

You think seven quid is a lot of money...wow !

Its pretty much the same as you would pay in Thailand for a hugely inferior product.

As for making ones own , I very much doubt the end result would be within a million miles of the quality of a half decent chippy.

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

Its pretty much the same as you would pay in Thailand for a hugely inferior product.

As for making ones own , I very much doubt the end result would be within a million miles of the quality of a half decent chippy.

Well I do, mum dad and 2 kids near 30 quid....????

14 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Not true at all. You can get a kilo of freshly caught crabs cooked up for that. Chips are garbage food.

33 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

It is a lot of money for something you will finish in probably less than 10 mins.

The Scottish chippys have went daft with their prices over the years.

17 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Bacon n egg butty

Seeds?? And what's that limp green thing? Green things (limp or not) have no business on a bacon and egg butty.

I used to stop at a caravan at the entrance to an East London industrial estate. He did a "Breakfast Bap", bacon, egg, sausage, beans on a giant bap, blue and white striped mug of industrial standard tea, stupid small money. A favourite haunt of truckers, field service chaps (me) and the occasional yuppie sales rep in a Cavalier SRI (Sales Rep Inside).

One suitably chilly morn there was a small queue of burly truckers and myself. One SRI driver bustled up to the front of the line demaning a Breakfast Bap in a rush as he was in a hurry. He was obliged much to muted laughter from the regulars (they knew what was coming), one bite later and runny fried egg squirted down his nice silk tie, Mr SRI bustled off to his car muttering. Apparently Mr Bacon had a special sandwich construction technique for such persons ????

35 minutes ago, roo860 said:

This is a thread about what food people from the UK miss, it's nothing to do with healthy eating, feel free to start your own topic about health foods etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Jordan. Probably a millennial with a beard and a meejah degree. You know the type. Lives on kale, quinoa and artisanal bread made by Jacintha in the craft collective.

2 hours ago, JordanJones said:

Thailand has cheap seafood and lots of it.

The "farmed" seafood is cheap, the real stuff hard to get hold off and expensive, you get what you pay for, cheap for a reason.........

On 3/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, worgeordie said:

Stottie bread ,pease pudding,ham sandwich

regards worgeordie

images.jpg

Somewhat off topic? I thought this thread was about UK stuff, not sure about the first two on your list. Are they even from this planet?

Archived