I don't miss U.K but I miss....

12 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No "but" for me, I miss nothing about the UK. 

I liked Lakeland, but I went in the spring before the madding crowds arrived. It would be horrendeous with the crowds.

I miss nothing else about it. An overpopulated cold wet place with bad architecture and incompetent rulers. 

London with millions of tourists has closed almost all the public toilets in the most touristed area, meaning one must pay a few quid to have a pee in a fast food place ( perhaps they paid the oaf in charge to close all the loos so they'd get richer ).

Even the trains are <deleted> now, with Virgin taking the crown for the worst.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I liked Lakeland, but I went in the spring before the madding crowds arrived. It would be horrendeous with the crowds.

I miss nothing else about it. An overpopulated cold wet place with bad architecture and incompetent rulers. 

London with millions of tourists has closed almost all the public toilets in the most touristed area, meaning one must pay a few quid to have a pee in a fast food place ( perhaps they paid the oaf in charge to close all the loos so they'd get richer ).

Do their toilets still stink?

When they first started operating, the stench sometimes was dreadful. :sick:

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I tried getting the train back from Hua Hin.  Virgin are great, albeit more expensive,

I know it's easy to rubbish your own, but they are what you make them.

7 minutes ago, JordanJones said:

I've made pies a dozen times. If you miss pies then it's a simple fix.

Learn to cook.

Would that be a baker's dozen, Jordan?

:crazy:

Anyway, mate, :sick: enjoy your holiday here. Where is it you live, Merthyr?

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, faraday said:

Do their toilets still stink?

When they first started operating, the stench sometimes was dreadful. :sick:

No, but they had a problem with opening them. I had to tell a guy in a uniform that I thought someone had died in one because it had been locked so long. It was just locked, but it makes it difficult when one has to use the next carriage. They have those stupid huge disabled loos which means they only have one to a carriage instead of 2 like other trains not run by that idiot. 

They could have one carriage for disabled, instead of catering for them in every carriage.

Their food service was <deleted> as well.

The only improvement was that they now have luggage racks instead of everyone piling their bags in a huge heap in a corner.

Ever been on the train to Holyhead when everyone going to Ireland has a big suitcase, and trying to get your bag from under all the others?

Clean air, was reading a report where British people were complaining that the PM2.5 had reached high levels in some UK cities and urgent action was needed.

The concerning recorded high levels were 15 ppm! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived