BANGKOK 23 May 2019 09:02
snoop1130

Chiang Mai still smog-bound, but no longer world’s most polluted city

Nows the chance to vote for a more effective government people.... just sayin

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

So villagers go into the forest to collect products and somehow start a fire? What.....to chase the animals towards those waiting with spears? What a BS story!

now the PCD director can hang his hat on showing improvement? Sad....

who cares about relative ranking  where 182 is 182....AP is an absolute number. You have severe AP or you don’t....what an embarrassment!

Edited by cardinalblue

Horribly bad air and according to what I read here quite possibly the worst immigration office in Thailand. Why would any of you want to live there especially with children.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

After 5 days of wearing a 3M mask outdoors, I took a short walk without one. The air smelled like smoke and car exhaust. I can only assume that my prior constant unprotected exposure desensitized my respiratory system because I could not smell the pollution before wearing a mask.

Not to mention the damage done to our lungs and other internal organs.  I started wearing a 3M mask this year, too.  I finally made the connection between the "hazy" air and the detrimental effects on my body. Consequently I haven't had any asthma attacks or sinus infections this year.  

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

authority's could try confiscating the mushrooms collected

• Like 1

The keep referring to this disastrous pollution as "haze" instead of what it really is: particulate air pollution (aka smog). I find this euphemism very evasive and misleading.