The one moment from Netflix's The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann we should be talking about

snoop1130

The one moment from Netflix's The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann we should be talking about

BY LAURA JANE TURNER

gerry-kate-mccann-press-conference-2007-1552908170.jpg

STEVE PARSONS / PA IMAGES

Netflix's documentary series The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been steeped in controversy.

Madeleine McCann's parents Kate and Gerry refused to take part, and raised concerns that it could further fuel conspiracy theorists.

Still on the lookout for their daughter, who has been missing for 11 years, the McCanns also stressed that they were worried the film might "hinder" the ongoing investigation.

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann is more sensitive than we feared – decisively moving away from the sensationalism that has plagued the case over the years.

Full Story: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a26852825/disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-theories-speculation-fake-facts/

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

Too many inconsistencies in their story.

Like for example? Please I would like to know what are the inconsistencies, hope i could join the pieces because it had been a long time when I last read about this mystery.

For the McCanns to suggest that this film might 'hinder' the ongoing investigation is clearly a nonsense. It happened 11 years ago and the 'investigation' is clearly going nowhere.

You would think that any concerned family would be more than happy to have an organisation willing to spend serious money on looking afresh at all aspects of the case and be willing to cooperate as best they can. It's almost as if they have something to hide........... 

32 minutes ago, Beatriz said:

Like for example? Please I would like to know what are the inconsistencies, hope i could join the pieces because it had been a long time when I last read about this mystery.

who on holiday would leave the children in a room alone, the children sit with you when they fall asleep, you put then in bed and stay with them. the parents should have been prosecuted for that. and for someone to just take one child!!, something happened to Madeleine which did not involve any strangers.

I think one of them is a psychopat, killed their own kid by accident and just can't face it, so better to continue the lie and claiming it was a kidnapping. 

Stranger things has happened in the world. 

They are both IMHO  thoroughly  evil and somehow killed the girl and disposed of her just too many inconsistencies  in their and their friends story

• Remember blood and cadaver dogs found evidence in both flat and car these dogs dont lie
  • normal people would be charged with neglect at the minimum
  • What hold have these pair "got on or know about" people  that they are getting support and protection from!?

28 minutes ago, poohy said:

They are both IMHO  thoroughly  evil and somehow killed the girl and disposed of her just too many inconsistencies  in their and their friends story

• Remember blood and cadaver dogs found evidence in both flat and car these dogs dont lie
  • normal people would be charged with neglect at the minimum
  • What hold have these pair "got on or know about" people  that they are getting support and protection from!?

Wealth, their profession, good looks and a perceived respectability have kept them from being prosecuted for neglect. A couple from a poor housing estate would have been torn to shreds by the tabloids and likely ended up behind bars.

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Remember blood and cadaver dogs found evidence in both flat and car these dogs dont lie

Good point, why was it not mentioned in the documentary? 

the inject her on a regular basis to keep her calm (adhd ?)

the blood hounds foundig a trail in the condo + car

the lie they started began to be so big that they could not see another way than to continue that lie, for FACE, remember another country full of face

Md's are known to lie to patients if they don't know an answer

they all have a god like complex as in : I am an MD and know everything and you patient are stupid, knows nothing and don't dare to question me

you can read a book:  how doctor's really think

Such a difficult conundrum of a case. So many "leads" and theories in multiple directions. The inept initial Portugese police investigations didn't help.

Still more questions than answers. 

It's true that many in the UK believe a doctor always tells the truth - they should read about Dr. Shipham and a few others struck off and/or imprisoned. Not suggesting this means these are liars but that Doctors, of medicine, science or philosophy are no different to anyone else.

Sadly, I doubt the truth and the fate of the young girl will ever be known.

Sounds a lot like the Dingo baby case where the mother was "convicted" by a hysterical public of murdering her own child.

The mother was jailed on the "evidence" that a dingo could not have possibly dragged away a child, only to be released years later when some of the child's clothing was actually found  by a dingo's lair.

We don't know what happen to poor little Madeleine. I'm sure the parents are upset enough about the loss of their child without all the keyboard witch hunters with their weird theories adding to their sorrow. 

8 hours ago, shackleton said:

I watched the series and think the end conclusion was  correct that Madeleine was kidnapped 

cant believe  after all this time people who say the parents are guilty of her death 

where is the body ?

Nah, they drugged the kid so she wouldn't wake up while they were out.

Kid died, then they had to cover up.

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, they drugged the kid so she wouldn't wake up while they were out.

Kid died, then they had to cover up.

And the body? Took it home in a suitcase did they?

22 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

wife and I watched the first one last night and were both disgusted at the parents selfishness regarding leaving the child alone, just goes to show having an education is not indicative of intelligence...  

I think that this has a lot to do with their demeanour and inconsistencies in their story. They were clearly culpable of neglect, which resulted in the disappearance of their daughter, and they know that. This is the fact that they were covering up, not the disappearance of their daughter.

A thoroughly unpleasant couple, but responsible for their daughter's disappearance? No way.

Archived