Thai Embassy London Online Visa Applications Only

Hi haven't seen this previously. Just read on the London Thai Embassy website that as of April 1st they are only accepting online visa applications.

Tried to set up an account as I will need to apply for one soon and was met by 'invalid application' .....not a great start.

• Thanks 1

I presume nothing shall work until the morning of 1st? 

Examples of how this works in practice are eagerly awaited, as the option Dad uses is not on the electronic website example, and it seems to be suggesting that you have to book a holiday (if you don't stay in London) to get a Visa. Unless they can be picked up after approval, at a consulate?

We've found the London Embassy's postal service to be SUPERB so far, especially the most recent applications...

Luckily our next renewals are months off.....

Edited by johnwf1963

^

Lot of errors in info in that link .

When this starts you will not get a digital visa but the option choose a consulate/embassy to go with your docs to get the visa.

It may in time for simplest visas not requiring much paperwork evidence to have a digital issued visa but from what I seen to date it going be a step backwards for countries using it and more so for brits as the uk embassy postal visa was superb service .

This system will become the norm for 1st world passport holders and you will have do online visa request even when in the region once all consulates/embassies get hooked to the servers .

Prices gone up too which nice lol ....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

^

Lot of errors in info in that link .

When this starts you will not get a digital visa but the option choose a consulate/embassy to go with your docs to get the visa.

It may in time for simplest visas not requiring much paperwork evidence to have a digital issued visa but from what I seen to date it going be a step backwards for countries using it and more so for brits as the uk embassy postal visa was superb service .

This system will become the norm for 1st world passport holders and you will have do online visa request even when in the region once all consulates/embassies get hooked to the servers .

Prices gone up too which nice lol ....

I believe this is a totally different option to the one that is described on the London Embassy website. In fact, they explain that it will be a somewhat different visa to the normal tourist visa, and limited to tourist visas. I do not actually think it is going to happen (at least in the short term). However, it comes from an organisation that handles the current eVisa on Arrival for nationals that qualify, so they do have some high level contacts to lobby for them.

6 hours ago, JamJar said:

They need a better server...

https://thaievisa.go.th/Images/sliders/e-visa.mp4

That is just a demo of how it will work.

This is the actual site for the doing the application. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Tried to set up an account as I will need to apply for one soon and was met by 'invalid application' .....not a great start.

Since it starts on April 1st you would think they would allow you to set up an account now if you are from the UK.

It has this banner going across the top ot the page.

image.png.035c9593dfc400e7d554301034177408.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is just a demo of how it will work.

This is the actual site for the doing the application. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Since it starts on April 1st you would think they would allow you to set up an account now if you are from the UK.

It has this banner going across the top ot the page.

image.png.035c9593dfc400e7d554301034177408.png

Yes I noticed the banner but assumed, naively it seems, that I would still be able to setup an account as online applications supposedly go live in 11 days time in the UK.

As the vast majority of applications will be for tourist visas I wonder how they will deal with non-o's?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

As the vast majority of applications will be for tourist visas I wonder how they will deal with non-o's?

I don't know how it will work.

There is info for one based upon having a family here and etc but only general requirements are shown. No info for getting one for being on a state pension for retirement though.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

I believe this is a totally different option to the one that is described on the London Embassy website. In fact, they explain that it will be a somewhat different visa to the normal tourist visa, and limited to tourist visas. I do not actually think it is going to happen (at least in the short term). However, it comes from an organisation that handles the current eVisa on Arrival for nationals that qualify, so they do have some high level contacts to lobby for them.

They are no more than a travel agency that applies for visas operating from a closed down shop in the Balearic Islands. They have zero affiliation to the Thai government.

https://application.thailandvisa.net/about

Disclaimer: This Website is a professional travel agency that aims to help individuals and companies complete the necessary travel authorization requests for short-term stays in Thailand. There is a service fee which includes expert help and assistance, and the fees charged by the Thailand Government. www.thailandvisa.net is not affiliated with the Thailand Government or its sponsors. An application can also be submitted for a lower cost through the Thai Government Sponsor here, though this would be without our professional review and expert service.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

for company handling visas they got some serious wrong details in that page for tourist visas for british nationals , not very expert and not very professional lol ...

A digital tourist visa would be great for all including offshore workers etc.

Cambodia done it well for years, Thailand unfortunately likes make a right mess of visa rules and visa issuing .

The whole immigration process currently quite a shambles for expats to tourists ????

Edited by BuckBee
  • Like 1

Just now, BuckBee said:

for company handling visas they got some serious wrong details in that page for tourist visas for british nationals .

Cambodia done it well for years, Thailand unfortunately likes make a right mess of visa rules and visa issuing .

The whole immigration process currently quite a shambles for expats to tourists ????

They don't handle anything. They fill a form in for you and charge you a $33 handling fee. They are simply an online travel agent who's premises are are actually vacated. Somebody posted some pictures a while back of there address and a boarded up shop

11 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

They are no more than a travel agency that applies for visas operating from a closed down shop in the Balearic Islands. They have zero affiliation to the Thai government.

https://application.thailandvisa.net/about

Why did you use that to reply to that post. That is just a bogus website you posted a link to.

Not the same as the link the embassy has on their website that is a official site. See: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

21 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

Trying to compare the Cambodia e visa to what is being offered is almost like apples and oranges since it is only a 30 day single entry visa that is the same as their visa on arrival.

Thailand has a site for a 15 day visa on arrival the is about equal to it.

Thailand offers a 30 day visa exempt entry for many nationalities so do not really need a site for a 30 day visa on arrival. Cambodia only offers a visa exempt entry to a very short list of countries and only few of them are for 30 days. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Cambodia

The online application they are starting to do now is for all types of visas not just a 30 day entry. 

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why did you use that to reply to that post. That is just a bogus website you posted a link to.

Not the same as the link the embassy has on their website that is a official site. See: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

It was in reply to the link Britim posted in post number 5 regarding the fake company and E visas. Nothing to do with the original and official Thai online visa application.

BritTim

• Senior member with some senior moments
  •  
  • Advanced Members
  • 6,739 posts

It is possible that this service (originally slated to be available from March 1st) might eventually be agreed:

https://www.thailandvisa.net/visa-requirements/uk-citizens/

If it happens, it would be the most efficient way to get a tourist visa.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The are shown on the appointment website. But I suspect many embassies and official consulates will want them to be done in person.

I suspect that in very large countries (e.g. the USA) making a trip from Florida, Nebraska, or Texas to a very expensive city like L.A. New York, or Washington, D.C. would be very limiting--considering that now, in Washington, D.C., applying in person may take up to 5 days. 

Edited by mosan
Clarification

25 minutes ago, mosan said:

I suspect that in very large countries (e.g. the USA) making a trip from Florida, Nebraska, or Texas to a very expensive city like L.A. New York, or Washington, D.C. would be very limiting--considering that now, in Washington, D.C., applying in person may take up to 5 days. 

And, were Royal Thai embassies and consulates in Western countries generally to follow Vientiane's lead by introducing online appointments booking systems to boot, the results could be a veritable nightmare for visa applicants in those countries!

Edited by OJAS

Yes 
Just go on the application website and click tourist visas. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/TourismLeisure
It is not very specific or show all the requirements though.
I tried to complete the "do i need a visa" part to see what it said and it doesn't seem to give any results. No mention of the quirky METV requirements which may mean something, or not

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:
Yes 
Just go on the application website and click tourist visas. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/TourismLeisure
It is not very specific or show all the requirements though.

I tried to complete the "do i need a visa" part to see what it said and it doesn't seem to give any results. No mention of the quirky METV requirements which may mean something, or not

The site does not seem to fully functional now. If you were Chinese it might give different results since that only location able to use the site at this time.

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is possible that this service (originally slated to be available from March 1st) might eventually be agreed:

https://www.thailandvisa.net/visa-requirements/uk-citizens/

If it happens, it would be the most efficient way to get a tourist visa.

Disclaimer: This Website is a professional travel agency that aims to help individuals and companies complete the necessary travel authorization requests for short-term stays in Thailand. There is a service fee which includes expert help and assistance, and the fees charged by the Thailand Government. www.thailandvisa.net is not affiliated with the Thailand Government or its sponsors. An application can also be submitted for a lower cost through the Thai Government Sponsor here, though this would be without our professional review and expert service.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Trying to compare the Cambodia e visa to what is being offered is almost like apples and oranges since it is only a 30 day single entry visa that is the same as their visa on arrival.

Thailand has a site for a 15 day visa on arrival the is about equal to it.

Thailand offers a 30 day visa exempt entry for many nationalities so do not really need a site for a 30 day visa on arrival. Cambodia only offers a visa exempt entry to a very short list of countries and only few of them are for 30 days. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Cambodia

The online application they are starting to do now is for all types of visas not just a 30 day entry. 

I'm aware it for all visas but it simply not efficient way deal with it as visa complexity varies drastically from a simple tourist visa to an O visa .

Point of mentioning cambodias evisa is it shows the ideal way do it for tourist visa (electronic issue accepted at designated entry points)

Thai system and rules are currently a big mess and when this system expands (which is planned) will be worse than is now unless adapt it to be efficient for users .

12 hours ago, OJAS said:

And non-OA's????

The Non O-A s are dealt with by submitting your documentation digitally, you are then given an appointment to attend and submit your documents in person and receive your visa, it`s all explained on the site and in other threads here. I am applying for mine this week before the new system comes in as I just know it`s going to leave me frustrated.

Edited by Jim P

4 hours ago, Jim P said:

The Non O-A s are dealt with by submitting your documentation digitally, you are then given an appointment to attend and submit your documents in person and receive your visa, it`s all explained on the site and in other threads here. I am applying for mine this week before the new system comes in as I just know it`s going to leave me frustrated.

Yes, it beggars belief how they could introduce an e-visa system that results in everything being twice as complicated as the system it replaced, when all you had to do was show up in person or post the application in.

• Thanks 1