Thai Embassy London Online Visa Applications Only

Posts in violation of this forum rule and replies to them have been removed.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Source: https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

If you have info please provide a source for that info.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is just a demo of how it will work.

This is the actual site for the doing the application. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Since it starts on April 1st you would think they would allow you to set up an account now if you are from the UK.

It has this banner going across the top ot the page.

image.png.035c9593dfc400e7d554301034177408.png

I actually managed to set up an account and verified my e mail address via a link they e mailed me. Looking at the demo it appears that you have to attach various documents that are required. Seems like for a Non OA they are asking for the police report, medical report etc, flight and hotel bookings. To attach the required documents I can only assume that if you do not have a soft copy of a document ie medical report, that you have to take a photo and then attach that. I cant think of any other way to do it.

I actually managed to set up an account and verified my e mail address via a link they e mailed me. Looking at the demo it appears that you have to attach various documents that are required. Seems like for a Non OA they are asking for the police report, medical report etc, flight and hotel bookings. To attach the required documents I can only assume that if you do not have a soft copy of a document ie medical report, that you have to take a photo and then attach that. I cant think of any other way to do it.
You can scan the soft copy using an app on your smartphone if you have one, i use camscanner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

To attach the required documents I can only assume that if you do not have a soft copy of a document ie medical report, that you have to take a photo and then attach that. I cant think of any other way to do it.

A scan of the documents would be better than trying to take a picture of it.

The uploaded copies will have to submitted for all visa applications.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes, it beggars belief how they could introduce an e-visa system that results in everything being twice as complicated as the system it replaced, when all you had to do was show up in person or post the application in.

Turning up in person to get a visa takes two visits.

I decided not to be a guinea pig for this project, and got my new non-O visa for marriage from Savannakhet.  Now, I can have a stress free family holiday in UK next month without worrying about what might turn into a train wreck.  Haven't had time to season my funds, if they are required (not required before for postal applications), & then waste a day visiting either the embassy or a consul (non near me in England) to get the visa put in my passport.  E-visa? It'a a joke.  e-visas should be on the computer, & no need to get the visa put in your passport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samuel Smith said:

Most people applied by post.   OK to visit the embassy twice if you live in London

I'm not disagreeing that it is a nonsense. 

e-visas should be on the computer, & no need to get the visa put in your passport.

...is exactly right.

But perhaps MFA wants to keep control as opposed to the Immigration Bureau...

On 3/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

Since it starts on April 1st you would think they would allow you to set up an account now if you are from the UK.

It has this banner going across the top ot the page.

image.png.035c9593dfc400e7d554301034177408.png

An interesting choice of start date, I think!

Will this turn out to be a wind-up, I wonder?

All will no doubt be revealed between 00:01 and 11:59 on said date!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

An interesting choice of start date, I think!

Will this turn out to be a wind-up, I wonder?

All will no doubt be revealed between 00:01 and 11:59 on said date!

If I remember correctly,  online 90 day reporting was inaugurated on April 1st. also.  That turned out well!

• Haha 1

Most people applied by post.   OK to visit the embassy twice if you live in London

Will be interesting to see how this works out !!

I didn’t mind my little jaunt down to the smoke 3 years ago for an OA, overnight coach down, presented docs, did the touristy thing then crashed in a shoebox hotel I’d booked, next day picked up passport and back up to gods country on the coach.

Was quite looking forward to doing it again.

1 hour ago, johnwf1963 said:

At least, they seem to be allowing appropriate time for development and testing. Although inconvenient (assuming you cannot using honorary consulates or post any more) it may not be a complete disaster.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

At least, they seem to be allowing appropriate time for development and testing. Although inconvenient (assuming you cannot using honorary consulates or post any more) it may not be a complete disaster.

Can't use Consulate, would be the first inconvenience,

Can't use postal service would be Very inconvenient 

Having to visit London once per item, Very Very, Inconvenient. cost increase >x3. 

Having to visit London twice, per item would be Complete disaster, and cost >x5. 

On 3/21/2019 at 5:34 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 3/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, jimn said:

You can scan the soft copy using an app on your smartphone if you have one, i use camscanner

Also can try app Notebloc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johnwf1963 said:

It looks like they changed it to May 1st from April 1st. Updated on the top stories  on March 22.

"Jan 17, 2019 18:20:50 / Updated : Mar 22, 2019 18:55:57 / Read 2,326 Views"

I think it could be changed again or dropped.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It looks like they changed it to May i1st from April 1st. Updated on the top stories  on March 22.

Hope so, anyone going back to the UK for a short visit and a non-o at the same time could have problems if the appointment system is as bad as Vientiane right now.

25 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Hope so, anyone going back to the UK for a short visit and a non-o at the same time could have problems if the appointment system is as bad as Vientiane right now.

Looks like I wasted a trip to Savannakhet to get mine, now they've postponed the London launch.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It looks like they changed it to May 1st from April 1st. Updated on the top stories  on March 22.

I have just viewed the short video again on the process. It is crazy that they are asking people to visit the embassy twice. Once to present your passport and again to collect the visa, unless they have a return by post option. Surely the whole point of an e visa application is to cut down on visits to the embassy. I tend to agree that it could be delayed again or cancelled. For me personally they have a year to sort this out. I have a British Embassy income letter for my retirement extension next month, but intend to change to a Non OA from the UK next year.

• Thanks 1

I have just viewed the short video again on the process. It is crazy that they are asking people to visit the embassy twice. Once to present your passport and again to collect the visa, unless they have a return by post option. Surely the whole point of an e visa application is to cut down on visits to the embassy. I tend to agree that it could be delayed again or cancelled. For me personally they have a year to sort this out. I have a British Embassy income letter for my retirement extension next month, but intend to change to a Non OA from the UK next year.

If that is the case Jim then I fail to see the benefit of the online part ?, maybe they are expecting a rise in the number of OA applications and feel that they need more time ( than the current 24 hours) to process the information presented online ??

50 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If that is the case Jim then I fail to see the benefit of the online part ?, maybe they are expecting a rise in the number of OA applications and feel that they need more time ( than the current 24 hours) to process the information presented online ??

Watching the video does not make the process entirely clear but my first impression was that you apply online submit scans of documents pay and make an appointment. You are the informed by email if the application is successful. At the Embassy appointment you show the documents as confirmation and are issued the visa at the same visit.

Hopefully that's the case as an online application followed by two visits is hardly streamlining the process for anyone.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Absolutely Andrew. It appears that someone where has said, "lets go down the line of e visa, thats the tech way to go". When in fact they haven't thought it through. Obviously I am not in possession of any stats detailing how busy they are, but I cant imagine they are that busy. At the moment I know that you have to visit the embassy to present evidence etc and passport and they issue the visa if successful the next working day, but again I think you have to collect it. I know the embassy accepts postal applications, but not sure about OA visa applications.

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Watching the video does not make the process entirely clear but my first impression was that you apply online submit scans of documents pay and make an appointment. You are the informed by email if the application is successful. At the Embassy appointment you show the documents as confirmation and are issued the visa at the same visit. Hopefully that's the case as an online application followed by two visits is hardly streamlining the process for anyone.

I agree; I'm hoping they're slowly phasing it in by seeing how it works in practice and once they're more confident it will all be online

Just now, jimn said:

Absolutely Andrew. It appears that someone where has said, "lets go down the line of e visa, thats the tech way to go". When in fact they haven't thought it through. Obviously I am not in possession of any stats detailing how busy they are, but I cant imagine they are that busy. At the moment I know that you have to visit the embassy to present evidence etc and passport and they issue the visa if successful the next working day, but again I think you have to collect it. I know the embassy accepts postal applications, but not sure about OA visa applications.

From my experience, turn around for a non-O, application by post is very quick.  Post on a Monday, received back by post on Thursday, sometimes Wednesday.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Watching the video does not make the process entirely clear but my first impression was that you apply online submit scans of documents pay and make an appointment. You are the informed by email if the application is successful. At the Embassy appointment you show the documents as confirmation and are issued the visa at the same visit.

Hopefully that's the case as an online application followed by two visits is hardly streamlining the process for anyone.

Thats not what I interpreted as the process. It says make an appointment to present your passport. After that you are informed by e mail if you are successful and to pick up your visa. Your interpretation makes more sense but I dont think thats what they are saying. But like everything I may be wrong.

• 4 months later...

has anybody actually done a non o since the "e-visa" process was implemented?

it wont let me submit the application without 2 'unnecessary' documents,,,

financial evidence & residence permit...

i appreciate i can upload a bank statement but its 'not a formal' requirement for non o (family)

but the residence permit has me stumped.

Just now, edgarfriendly said:

i appreciate i can upload a bank statement but its 'not a formal' requirement for non o (family)

Just attach a bank statement showing any amount in the bank. Perhaps the equivalent of 20k baht at the least to meet that standard requirement to apply for any visa.

1 minute ago, edgarfriendly said:

but the residence permit has me stumped.

Not needed if you are using a UK passport.

It is only for those who need it to prove they have permanent residency in the UK,