BANGKOK 23 May 2019 14:16
edwinchester

Thai Embassy London Online Visa Applications Only

21 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

A digital tourist visa would be great for all including offshore workers etc.

Cambodia done it well for years, Thailand unfortunately likes make a right mess of visa rules and visa issuing .

The whole immigration process currently quite a shambles for expats to tourists 😕

Trying to compare the Cambodia e visa to what is being offered is almost like apples and oranges since it is only a 30 day single entry visa that is the same as their visa on arrival.

Thailand has a site for a 15 day visa on arrival the is about equal to it.

Thailand offers a 30 day visa exempt entry for many nationalities so do not really need a site for a 30 day visa on arrival. Cambodia only offers a visa exempt entry to a very short list of countries and only few of them are for 30 days. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Cambodia

The online application they are starting to do now is for all types of visas not just a 30 day entry. 

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why did you use that to reply to that post. That is just a bogus website you posted a link to.

Not the same as the link the embassy has on their website that is a official site. See: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

It was in reply to the link Britim posted in post number 5 regarding the fake company and E visas. Nothing to do with the original and official Thai online visa application.

BritTim

• Senior member with some senior moments
  •  
  • Advanced Members
  • 6,739 posts

It is possible that this service (originally slated to be available from March 1st) might eventually be agreed:

https://www.thailandvisa.net/visa-requirements/uk-citizens/

If it happens, it would be the most efficient way to get a tourist visa.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

I wonder how they will deal with non-o's?

And non-OA's????

31 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And non-OA's????

The are shown on the appointment website. But I suspect many embassies and official consulates will want them to be done in person.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The are shown on the appointment website. But I suspect many embassies and official consulates will want them to be done in person.

I suspect that in very large countries (e.g. the USA) making a trip from Florida, Nebraska, or Texas to a very expensive city like L.A. New York, or Washington, D.C. would be very limiting--considering that now, in Washington, D.C., applying in person may take up to 5 days. 

Edited by mosan
Clarification

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, mosan said:

I suspect that in very large countries (e.g. the USA) making a trip from Florida, Nebraska, or Texas to a very expensive city like L.A. New York, or Washington, D.C. would be very limiting--considering that now, in Washington, D.C., applying in person may take up to 5 days. 

And, were Royal Thai embassies and consulates in Western countries generally to follow Vientiane's lead by introducing online appointments booking systems to boot, the results could be a veritable nightmare for visa applicants in those countries!

Edited by OJAS

The online application they are starting to do now is for all types of visas not just a 30 day entry. 

METVs?

Yes 
Just go on the application website and click tourist visas. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/TourismLeisure
It is not very specific or show all the requirements though.
I tried to complete the "do i need a visa" part to see what it said and it doesn't seem to give any results. No mention of the quirky METV requirements which may mean something, or not

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:
Yes 
Just go on the application website and click tourist visas. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/TourismLeisure
It is not very specific or show all the requirements though.

I tried to complete the "do i need a visa" part to see what it said and it doesn't seem to give any results. No mention of the quirky METV requirements which may mean something, or not

The site does not seem to fully functional now. If you were Chinese it might give different results since that only location able to use the site at this time.

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is possible that this service (originally slated to be available from March 1st) might eventually be agreed:

https://www.thailandvisa.net/visa-requirements/uk-citizens/

If it happens, it would be the most efficient way to get a tourist visa.

Disclaimer: This Website is a professional travel agency that aims to help individuals and companies complete the necessary travel authorization requests for short-term stays in Thailand. There is a service fee which includes expert help and assistance, and the fees charged by the Thailand Government. www.thailandvisa.net is not affiliated with the Thailand Government or its sponsors. An application can also be submitted for a lower cost through the Thai Government Sponsor here, though this would be without our professional review and expert service.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Trying to compare the Cambodia e visa to what is being offered is almost like apples and oranges since it is only a 30 day single entry visa that is the same as their visa on arrival.

Thailand has a site for a 15 day visa on arrival the is about equal to it.

Thailand offers a 30 day visa exempt entry for many nationalities so do not really need a site for a 30 day visa on arrival. Cambodia only offers a visa exempt entry to a very short list of countries and only few of them are for 30 days. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Cambodia

I'm aware it for all visas but it simply not efficient way deal with it as visa complexity varies drastically from a simple tourist visa to an O visa .

Point of mentioning cambodias evisa is it shows the ideal way do it for tourist visa (electronic issue accepted at designated entry points)

Thai system and rules are currently a big mess and when this system expands (which is planned) will be worse than is now unless adapt it to be efficient for users .

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, OJAS said:

And non-OA's????

The Non O-A s are dealt with by submitting your documentation digitally, you are then given an appointment to attend and submit your documents in person and receive your visa, it`s all explained on the site and in other threads here. I am applying for mine this week before the new system comes in as I just know it`s going to leave me frustrated.

Edited by Jim P

4 hours ago, Jim P said:

The Non O-A s are dealt with by submitting your documentation digitally, you are then given an appointment to attend and submit your documents in person and receive your visa, it`s all explained on the site and in other threads here. I am applying for mine this week before the new system comes in as I just know it`s going to leave me frustrated.

Yes, it beggars belief how they could introduce an e-visa system that results in everything being twice as complicated as the system it replaced, when all you had to do was show up in person or post the application in.