Thai Embassy London Online Visa Applications Only

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just attach a bank statement showing any amount in the bank. Perhaps the equivalent of 20k baht at the least to meet that standard requirement to apply for any visa.

Not needed if you are using a UK passport.

It is only for those who need it to prove they have permanent residency in the UK,

bless you joe, i was sitting with my espresso waiting for you to reply!!

so the fact that financial evidence is not a requirement for my visa is irrelevant now? or the requirements have been amended?

i agree the res permit is not needed, as above wrt financial evidence. but the website disagrees.

....png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edgarfriendly said:

so the fact that financial evidence is not a requirement for my visa is irrelevant now? or the requirements have been amended?

i agree the res permit is not needed, as above wrt financial evidence. but the website disagrees.

The online application is not the same as shown on the embassy website. I think they want proof of the 20k baht for every application.

Did you register as being a UK citizen and having a UK passport. You could upload a copy if its photo page to make the system happy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The online application is not the same as shown on the embassy website. I think they want proof of the 20k baht for every application.

Did register as being a UK citizen and having a UK passport. You could upload a copy if its photo page to make the system happy.

great minds eh!

also noted the thai phone number box deletes the last digit upon saving as it spreads the digits into 'more easily readable?' 3 digit groups

Any idea what 'proof of sponsorship' would consist of?

someone elses bank statement with an accompanying letter?

19 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

Any idea what 'proof of sponsorship' would consist of?

someone elses bank statement with an accompanying letter?

Not sure what that would require. I think that is a general statement that may only be accepted at other embassies using the online application system (Beijing comes to mind).

Probably best to ask the embassy about it.

On 8/8/2019 at 3:22 AM, edgarfriendly said:

bless you joe, i was sitting with my espresso waiting for you to reply!!

....png

Reading this http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html it appears to me but I may be wrong that financial evidence IS a requirent for all Non-O

For Non-Imm O as a person over 50 it says: 

Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

** OR **

For Non-Imm O (Visiting or staying with applicant's family)  which is what@edgarfriendly   appears to need, it says

Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party

Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

Or am I wrong????

Edited by VBF

21 minutes ago, VBF said:

I may be wrong that financial evidence IS a requirent for all Non-O

But it does say how much is needed. That is why a said upload a bank statement showing some money in the bank. My suggestion was to show at least the equivalent 20k baht.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But it does say how much is needed. That is why a said upload a bank statement showing some money in the bank. My suggestion was to show at least the equivalent 20k baht.

Ah - I see..... for the "Family Visit" option it is silent on the amount whilst for the "Person over 50" option it says

"Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000"

I do have a selfish reason for asking as the latter is likely to be my choice instead of a SETV + extension - cheaper as well :whistling:

Edited by VBF

i wont dispute its the requirement now, since this online 'evisa' was introduced this April?

but in November it wasnt required in london,  nor in June in korat it wasnt required, UNLESS a 1 year extension was required. which it wasnt for single entry Non-O (family, not marriage)

e2a - im under 50, though i dont see this as relevent to my visa application.

Edited by edgarfriendly
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. A friends application went though a while back without the residence permit (section 8 )needing to be attached. Would be good to know if the passport data as suggested solves what seems to be a glitch. I also interpreted (4.) sponsorship as being in place of bank statement, proof of earnings etc, not an addition to it.

Edited by roamer
Added information.

When I discontinued my employment March 2018, the London Embassy was asking on their website, for marriage the same amount as they were for a retirement Visa, ie. £1400 net /month. This changed to £1500/month in January 2019, due to exchange rate moves. So as advised by UJoe the income proof was not required (contrary to their website and conversations on the phone). Included a financial pack with my  showing £1500 a month, but as predicted it just came back with the passport, so perhaps they just glanced at it...

Demonstrating that equivalent now would be £1800/month approx. I don't think it would  financially prudent for me to set my income demonstration at that level at the moment!

For an e-visa application preparedness;-

I like the logical suggestion to relate  it to the Thai entry amount of 20k THB, so from that would a family level be 40k THB, I'll plan for that as a belt and braces approach.

Then the looking at the O-A visa financial requirements, it allows for the Combo Method to Make, 800k THB, the in country extension level requirement. So using the same logic I'm thinking the 480k THB level would be a reasonable target, that if this is being looked at in Bangkok, using similar logic to the 20k and the O-A.

So today's thinking (as it is chucking it down with rain outside);- 

I could show a pension going into a bank in the UK (value not stated) for that over 50 requirement (but not a state pension). "Consulates can only apply for retirement Visa's for age 65 and over...under 65 must apply to the Embassy" ie. the e-visa.

I will be prepared to show continuous  indexed pension income of >500k THB (£14kish) for the family/marriage level.

Then the 300k THB difference for the O-A level, take away the >40kTHB (minimum balances sitting in the Thai banks would cover that angle) then that leaves a potential <260k THB equiv. to explain with the remaining variable income stream (3 months?)and money balance proof in the UK (assuming 36THB to a GBP). (ME visa)

As well as sending the equivalent average of  40K THB /month to a Thai Bank, to possibly cover an extension in country, to get a Multi re-entry permit, in the future, if the pound recovers a little.

Trying to design to Cover all the Bases, and be prepared, for "a further document" request.

However currently the Honorary Consulate in Scotland can still still currently issue a non-O SE Family / marriage, with no financials it would seem (as well as the likes of e.g.  HCMC in the region). But I'm thinking if this is a person in Bangkok rather than London processing this e-VISA , they may be judging applications against the local environment i.e. 40/65k 400/800k??? Who knows who or where they are....

The METV does not seem useful, need to be employed for a supporting letter, so you probably don't have time to go! Wonder why they call it a tourist Visa....

"TOURIST VISA – MULTIPLE ENTRY - FEE £150 - valid for 6 months from date of issue and each entry being valid for 60 days. Supporting documents required:- (a) Original bank statement showing a balance of at least £5000 or a print-out with official stamp of the bank. (b) A letter from your employer confirming your employment addressed to the Royal Thai Consulate. (c) If you are self-employed, your self assessment HMRC SA100 for the last year and a company registration document.. (d) Photocopy of confirmed air ticket. (e) Photocopy of hotel reservation in Thailand".

Edited by UKresonant

36 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

And also, for those trying to get a SETV,  do you buy your flight ticket first, and then apply for the SETV ?

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/TourismLeisure

"REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Embassy/Consulate reserves the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary) 
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/TourismLeisure

"REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Embassy/Consulate reserves the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary) 
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)"

Right, so you've got to buy your plane ticket first.  This was not the case previously.
And you've got to show a bank statement with over 20,000 baht when applying for the tourist visa. This was also not the case previously.

Thanks for clearing this up. And one more question. Applying for the evisa, I take it that, it involves at least one trip to the actual embassy in London ? You can't do the whole thing by internet and post. Is this so ?

You can upload everything, and you print off the form with the bar code and post it, along with hard copies of everything uploaded, special delivery, with a return self addressed SD envelope and a £10, to get the passport returned..

(I would wait on someone thats done an application, to confirm the flight situation, but the 20k THB equivalent is essential, you will need that much cash in your pocket when arriving).

I  intend going to the consulate, which is about an hour and a bit drive away, and do an application in person. 

Edited by UKresonant

3 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

You can upload everything, and you print of the form with the bar code and post it special delivery, with a return self addressed SD envelope and a £10.

(I wait on someone thats done an application, to confirm the flight situation, but the 20k THB equivalent is essential, you will need that much cash in your pocket when arriving)

Hello. I've just watched the video on the website. It looks like it's trying to say that you book an appointment to go to the Embassy in London, I think you've got to actually go there. It says to, not turn up late for your appointment.  It would be great if the whole thing could be done by internet and post. People who live in places like Southampton and Norwich might not find it easy to physically turn up in at the Embassy in London.
Previously, people could do the application by post, no need to physically turn up at the Embassy in London.

50 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

It would be great if the whole thing could be done by internet and post.

You can send your passport and supporting documents by post to the embassy after completing the online application.

Info is here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84397-How-to-apply-visa-by-post.html

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can send your passport and supporting documents by post to the embassy after completing the online application.

Info is here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84397-How-to-apply-visa-by-post.html

Thanks ubonjoe, makes it much easier if people can do the whole thing by internet and post. No need to physically turn up at the Thai Embassy in London.
Can people imagine how absurd it would be, if people in say, Cornwall, they're being forced to turn up at a consulate or turn up at the Embassy in London ???

14 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Thanks ubonjoe, makes it much easier if people can do the whole thing by internet and post. No need to physically turn up at the Thai Embassy in London.
Can people imagine how absurd it would be, if people in say, Cornwall, they're being forced to turn up at a consulate or turn up at the Embassy in London ???

to drop it all off/show it.

then again to pick up the 'evisa' a day or 2 later....

its so retarded it wouldnt surprise me at all if it actually as the case...

ill report back as & when.

22 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

to drop it all off/show it.

then again to pick up the 'evisa' a day or 2 later....

its so retarded it wouldnt surprise me at all if it actually as the case...

ill report back as & when.

You are correct. It 100% isn't a same day service. Depending how busy they are, it can be 5 days before it's ready to collect.
Either way, you absolutely won't be able to drop off and pick up the same day.

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Unfortunately that is the way the UK runs the system in Thailand, also when I have to renew the sons passport, down to trendy in Bangkok Sukhumvit, and then someone has to personally go and pick it up (a number of years ago you could do it by post). (Would not let me do it in the UK) Next time your chatting to your MP you could mention that the Thai MFA nearly copied the UK's subcontractors poor example. The wife got a 10 year 180day multi entry visitor Visa to the UK, purely because it was so awkward, to get time off work, to apply for a Visa, trip to Bangkok etc! (Only used it once).

p.s Pity there is not a Thai 10 year Multi Entry visa!

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:10 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

You are correct. It 100% isn't a same day service. Depending how busy they are, it can be 5 days before it's ready to collect.
Either way, you absolutely won't be able to drop off and pick up the same day.

Actually, under the old system, one sent the docs by post and the PP + Visa arrived back in "about 5 working days". I've done this over several years and the record for me was posting the application on the Monday morning and the PP back on Thursday morning! It remains to be seen how speedy the new system is.

21 minutes ago, VBF said:

Actually, under the old system, one sent the docs by post and the PP + Visa arrived back in "about 5 working days". I've done this over several years and the record for me was posting the application on the Monday morning and the PP back on Thursday morning! It remains to be seen how speedy the new system is.

I don't think they're very busy right now. I sent my passport and documents to the London Royal Thai Embassy on Tuesday with it arriving the following day, and surprisingly I just got my visa back in the post on Friday!! So that's just 4 working days from door-to-door. 

Edited by Senior Player
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

I don't think they're very busy right now. I sent my passport and documents to the London Royal Thai Embassy on Tuesday with it arriving the following day, and surprisingly I just got my visa back in the post on Friday!! So that's just 4 working days from door-to-door. 

May one ask - what visa did you get?  Tourist, O ??

If Tourist did you have to show ticket / accommodation; if O did you have to show money over 3 months....what sort of account.?

Did you obfuscate personal details on any bank statements? 

Don't wish to be intrusive but all useful info....PM me if you'd prefer not to answer on open forum. :unsure: (Or just tell me to mind my own business if you prefer!)

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

May one ask - what visa did you get?  Tourist, O ??

If Tourist did you have to show ticket / accommodation; if O did you have to show money over 3 months....what sort of account.?

Did you obfuscate personal details on any bank statements? 

Don't wish to be intrusive but all useful info....PM me if you'd prefer not to answer on open forum. :unsure: (Or just tell me to mind my own business if you prefer!)

Sure. I applied for the 60-day SETV. No, I didn't pay for a flight but submitted a "confirmation for reservation" from Thai Airways that was emailed to me. I explain it all in more detail about what I did and how I managed to obtain my SETV on another thread. If you're interested in how I did this, you can click on the link below.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118112-my-guide-to-online-e-visa-applications-via-london-thai-embassy-60-day-setv-by-post/?tab=comments#comment-14474524

No, I didn't obfuscate personal details on my bank statement. If I had done so, then they wouldn't have been able to verify it was me and whether I was authentic or not. It's just one of those things you have to swallow and place faith in them that they'll destroy your details once you've submitted them afterwards.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Sure. I applied for the 60-day SETV. No, I didn't pay for a flight but submitted a "confirmation for reservation" from Thai Airways that was emailed to me. I explain it all in more detail about what I did and how I managed to obtain my SETV on another thread. If you're interested in how I did this, you can click on the link below.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118112-my-guide-to-online-e-visa-applications-via-london-thai-embassy-60-day-setv-by-post/?tab=comments#comment-14474524

No, I didn't obfuscate personal details on my bank statement. If I had done so, then they wouldn't have been able to verify it was me and whether I was authentic or not. It's just one of those things you have to swallow and place faith in them that they'll destroy your details once you've submitted them afterwards.

Thanks very much - I just read and "followed" your guide - very informative and thanks for making the effort???? 

• Like 1