Advice on staying for 3/4 months.

quad66

I am planning to stay for three or fourmonths location Pattaya or Jomtien. If all goes to plan it should be from November till February.

How much as a single guy late fifties who smokes ,drinks and chases girls need to live on . Is it better to rent a studio or a guest house .

What would be a ball park figure to use ?.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

50 grand a month, 10 a month on accommodation, 40 on fun and frolics. Get a nice studio off airbnb. If you stick to st rather than lt, you should avoid extra costs like gold, clothes, children's toys and vets bill for buffalos.

I am up to $56 a day hooray for everything. And I had to shop like a Mofo, beach resort it for a few days and have a heart attack to get there. thats about 50K a month, condo in Thonburi all food and expenses and Mixx/Thermae/Spasso lady company.

WARNING WARNING DO NOT FALL IN LOVE  DO NOT GET A GIRLFRIEND DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT REPEAT FORGET HER NAME CHANGE VENUES DAILY DO NOT GET GF DO NOT DO NOT

If you are overweight, smokes, drinks and want girls to call you hansum, you come to the right place.

Just watch out for the high heeled ladyboys. They are looking for easy, drunk victims.

Firstly, I doubt you can stay for 4 months, but a two month tourist visa and a 30 day extension will guarantee you a hassle free 3 months. 

As for budget, it really depends on where you stay and how ferocious your appetite is for food, drink and the other. 60,000 - 80,000 per month should cover it for a moderate person.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Cigarettes 60-130 Baht 

Large Beer 100-150 Baht .

Prostitutes 1000-2000 Baht .

Bar fine 500 Baht 

Ladys drink + 30 Baht 

Condoms 75 Baht for three

It's not allowed to specify prices etc for what most of us actually came to LOS for on TVF, but IMO your third item was OK about 20 years ago. 

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Firstly, I doubt you can stay for 4 months, but a two month tourist visa and a 30 day extension will guarantee you a hassle free 3 months. 

As for budget, it really depends on where you stay and how ferocious your appetite is for food, drink and the other. 60,000 - 80,000 per month should cover it for a moderate person.

Can easily stay 4 months on a TV and a visit to another country at the end of said TV for a few days.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can easily stay 4 months on a TV and a visit to another country at the end of said TV for a few days.

My original gig for 6 months was to do an SETV, Extend, then get another SETV and extend (or do a border run).

By border run I mean go somewhere and hang out for a week or two.

This year I am now on an Codger Extension. that takes me to Jan 2020 when I will either do a border run and extend or get another SETV and extend.

Going by the OP and bearing in mind age you have to be looking at 6000 a day all up minimum and that can very easily become 8000 and certainly a lot more but we'll work on minimum

So taking into account exchange rates around £150 a day minimum so £4500 a month so looking at around £18,000 for a 4 month stretch

7 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Going by the OP and bearing in mind age you have to be looking at 6000 a day all up minimum and that can very easily become 8000 and certainly a lot more but we'll work on minimum

So taking into account exchange rates around £150 a day minimum so £4500 a month so looking at around £18,000 for a 4 month stretch

Get real ... you'd have to be a sex addict and food and wine glutton to need that.

9 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Give us a breakdown of how you would spend that everyday

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Give us a breakdown of how you would spend that everyday

This is TV so am not going to pish anyone off but going by what OP stated

Decent accomodation 1000

Food 500 (and then some)

Personal boozing 1000 minimum (and then some double it for me)

LD's minimum 500 (and than some)

Laundry Internet Pharmacy on top plus miscellaneous 500

To get to 6000 you're now just 2500 short for "indulging" and stand on me 2.5k will get you absolutely bottom end girls in beer bars these days including BF

Lot of people spend significantly more on Accomodation Beers Lds and certainly ladies !

6000 bare minimum these days am afraid if indulging

25 minutes ago, Chivas said:

This is TV so am not going to pish anyone off but going by what OP stated

Decent accomodation 1000

Food 500 (and then some)

Personal boozing 1000 minimum (and then some double it for me)

LD's minimum 500 (and than some)

Laundry Internet Pharmacy on top plus miscellaneous 500

To get to 6000 you're now just 2500 short for "indulging" and stand on me 2.5k will get you absolutely bottom end girls in beer bars these days including BF

Lot of people spend significantly more on Accomodation Beers Lds and certainly ladies !

6000 bare minimum these days am afraid if indulging

1500 Baht on living and 4500 Baht on drinking and females .

Yes, that would be the first few days , but he would get bored of that after a week or two .

After two weeks , he would probably go tee total and lose all interest in prostitutes

So, after the third week, his expenses would probably get down to 2000 Baht

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

1500 Baht on living and 4500 Baht on drinking and females .

Yes, that would be the first few days , but he would get bored of that after a week or two .

After two weeks , he would probably go tee total and lose all interest in prostitutes

So, after the third week, his expenses would probably get down to 2000 Baht

lol I know plenty that havent got bored after 25-30 years

Archived