BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Mum who had 'blue' cabinet for years stunned after realising embarrassing mistake

When Kayleigh Greer was buying a new drawer unit she was really disappointed that B&Q didn't have the grey one which matched the rest of her bedroom furniture.

She settled for a blue version of the same unit, which cost £150, and it's been in her Stevenage home for the past three years.

But while doing a deep clean at the weekend Kayleigh, 35, noticed some protective tape along the top of one of the drawers.

As she started to peel it back she revealed she had made a rather embarrassing mistake.

She was completely stunned to discover the cabinet wasn't blue at all, but was actually covered in a transparent blue plastic film.

While the revelation came as a bit of a shock, Kayleigh says it's like they've got a brand new unit 'without spending a penny' - which now matches their other furniture.

Kayleigh, of Stevenage, Hertfordshire, said: "I never had any suspicions the blue colour was a protective film.

"I knew there was white tape along the top of each draw which I thought was protection and would eventually need pulling off.

"Then I as deep cleaning the bedroom the other day and I was down near the cabinet vacuuming and I thought 'while I'm down here, I may as well finally peel off the tape'.

"But as I started to peel, I noticed the blue film had lifted and I panicked and thought I had ruined unit.

"But I just kept peeling and it kept coming off. Underneath it was a really nice grey. It looks amazing.

"I bought the cabinet in mid-2016 and the actual cabinet they had on display was the same blue colour.

"I asked if they did it in another colour and they said no. I didn't really want a blue cabinet but I thought it was the closest to our bedroom that I'd seen.

Full article

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I once knew a nurse in the UK that had double glazing fitted in her entire house, she was quite proud of herself until the neighbors pointed out that she already had double glazing 

Edited by lemonjelly

Nice. I love how out of it people are. I would do something like that.

Posted (edited)

Where's Bluesofa .? Check if he's still wrapped in protective film .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 1

I was searching for Hertfordshire and was surprised to find it is one of the home counties in England. I half expected it to be in India, Thailand or some other 3rd world country 😉

Never expected people from the 1st world to make such mistakes.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:30 AM, Nyezhov said:

Nice. I love how out of it people are. I would do something like that.

You better be careful next time you are out on the prowl,better do a crocodile dundee before you take (her) home.

Posted (edited)

If you take the protective film off anything in Thailand they will hang you.  I thought about doing a little photo collection kind of like 'thais pointing at things' on this. 

Using airbnb's and hotels I regularly see TVs will all the plastic on, one with the triangle promotional thing still in the corner advertising 4K obsecuring a small part of the view. In the last hotel the fire hose was still wrapped in plastic, windows handles and even the remote control. 

Edited by returnee222

Posted (edited)

Reminds me of the first time that I bought sausages from one of the big supermarkets here in Thailand. They were shrink wrapped (vacuum wrapped?) in orange colored plastic; nine to the pack.

I didn't realise that each sausage was also separately wrapped in clear plastic until the plastic started to bubble and peel while cooking.

I've lived and worked in 9 countries and Thailand is the only country I've seen this. And, I still don't understand why they do it!

Edited by laowai1960
typo

Just now, laowai1960 said:

I didn't realise that each sausage was also separately wrapped in clear plastic until the plastic started to bubble and peel while cooking.

I once worked with a woman who had rarely cooked - either her mother or a housekeeper did all the cooking. When they were both away she decided to cook one night for her father, by roasting a chicken with its giblets.  In those days the giblets were separately wrapped in plastic and stored inside the chicken.  She didn't realise she had to taken them out prior to cooking

That was just like a VIZ comic UK article.

KUDOS as they say in US of A.