Turkish Airlines Business Lounge

alt

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced the new Turkish Airlines Lounge? We'll be flying out Business on Jan 6 (yeah, 2020) and wondering if it's worth spending a few hours there before? I suspect either way we'll hang there for a while as our flight isin't until 10pm, so even with a late check out from hotel in BKK, we'll have about 5 hours to kill.

Thanks guys. Turns out I can use any Star Alliance lounge.

Any particular recommendations? I do not need shower facilities as we'll be coming straight from the hotel. I'm more after nice food / drink and cosy atmosphere.

I've used it before, but probably the old one, and it was a decent place to hang out for a few hours. Good food and drink options, and pretty decent seating arrangements. So if it has been upgraded I suspect the new one will be better.

Singapore Airlines is popular and usually busy based on a few visits that I have made, as well as Eva for different reasons.

You will find some comments/reviews of the new Turkish Airlines lounge in following:

www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1956603-best-tg-star-alliance-lounge-bkk.html

Have never tried it as either use Thai Airways FCL or occasionally Singapore Airlines lounge.

• 1 month later...

If you are flying STAR ALLIANCE premium classes (other than Thai Airways--if you flying Thai Airways, then I would first hit Thai Spa lounge (Concourse D across from Thai First Class lounge Concourse D) before any other visiting lounges for a nice free massage), I would try lounge hopping if you have time and just want to graze:

CONCOURSE D

* Thai Airways biz lounge (main D lounge), for northern khao soi noodles (they have a special table now)...it was surprisingly good and I had a few bowls (they are very small)

* Turkish Air lounge (near Gate D8) for Turkish coffee machine and pizza oven offerings (and bar).  There is a small dimmed cat nap area.

* Singapore Air lounge (also near Gate D8) for fresh draft Asahi Beer and Singha Beer (with frosty mugs--beer pouring machine) and also a full bar (some specialty Singapore Air drinks too--Kris Tea, Suvarnaphum Sparkling, Grape Fia, Ginger Crush, Bazil Zest, etc.) and a nice offering of food (plus fresh coconuts). 

CONCOURSE F

* EVA Air has a draft Heineken beer tap and some nice food offerings.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the detailed replies!! Given that I (think) can only check-in 3hr before the flight, i'll have to be quick on my toes to visit as many lounges as possible!

https://thepointsguy.com

https://onemileatatime.com/airline-reviews/

Alt have a look at these links . reviews SQ & EVA lounges in bangkok somewhere in the blogs just search, probably onemileatatime. I fly Thai most of the time but if the SQ lounge is open that is the one of choice. used to be EVA but SQ lounge suits me better. They are both good. Just check your flight times with Turkish airlines against SQ & EVA to make sure their lounges will be open . SQ open from late morning till around 1100 pm i think.

• 1 month later...

Archived