Grow Some Balls

CanadaSam

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why did you marry her? Is she rich?

It was a longgg time ago.   She was pretty, acted nice, beautiful smile .  At the time I got married that is pretty much what I was looking for.  The intangibles that most guys do not consider are many.  Concepts such as respect,  appreciation,  thoughtfulness,  etc etc.  Everyone has different values and thoughts on this subject.   But as far as physical desire,  I always experienced that "sexual fade" syndrome. :GOOGLE:8 Ways to Escape "Sexual Fade" in Long-Term Relationships.   I did not read that article  555   But I am sure many on here took the 9th escape that is probably not mentioned.    

BTW:  everyone thought she was really nice !  But,  I hung in there for a long time till I decided that it was long enough.  For those that tell me the lovemaking with their wife is as great or greater than ever... i salute you with rolling eyes .  Different strokes, i guess.  

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When is the long game a game and when is it reality?

Sometimes I read here stories of guys who complain that their Thai wife changed after 10 years. Was that the long game? Or did she just change like many, probably most people, over time?

Good question. 

In colloquial terms. it's when the bar girl knows she has now got the guy "on the hook."   Then, all the theatrics start for money, assets, problems with the family that need money, blah blah.  

For me, "on the hook" means too lazy to start again, too complacent, too "familiar" to change.

I my opinion, "the long game" is not a time period, as it various from guy to guy.  It's a state of mind thing.  Like I said, be careful of the ones that get you emotionally "on the hook."  It only goes down hill from here. 

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

Good question. 

In colloquial terms. it's when the bar girl knows she has now got the guy "on the hook."   Then, all the theatrics start for money, assets, problems with the family that need money, blah blah.  

For me, "on the hook" means too lazy to start again, too complacent, too "familiar" to change.

I my opinion, "the long game" is not a time period, as it various from guy to guy.  It's a state of mind thing.  Like I said, be careful of the ones that get you emotionally "on the hook."  It only goes down hill from here. 

'on the hook': the term for an alcoholic with low self esteem who centres his life around drinking. (would normally be sitting in a pub in his own country by himself chatting to random locals) along comes some thai bar girl who is there solely to make him feel happy and extract his cash..hes a sitting duck..and the con begins.

control the booze :)

9 hours ago, dubai thai farang said:

'on the hook': the term for an alcoholic with low self esteem who centres his life around drinking. (would normally be sitting in a pub in his own country by himself chatting to random locals) along comes some thai bar girl who is there solely to make him feel happy and extract his cash..hes a sitting duck..and the con begins.

control the booze ????

I don't think the booze is the issue.  These guys aren't drunk 24/7.  Moderate drinkers still get fleeced. 

Loneliness, affordability, lust, exotic, attention etc, make a mixuture that for some, as you say, make them like lambs to the slaughter.

Archived