I killed a Dog.

malt25

I think it would have been important to find out the worth of the dog b/f any payment like a Golden Retriever vs some soi dog pup a neighbor claims responsibility....

pup not controlled and runs out on street and you were driving in a reasonable and complying manner with rules....

hard to find fault other than with dog owner....don’t be taken to cleaners just b/c you are an obvious deep-pocket foreigner...

Edited by cardinalblue

The mere fact that he killed a dog meant that he was driving too fast.  He was driving so fast he was unable to stop in time.  The dead dog is all the evidence that is needed.  QED.

And that he killed a dog meant that he could equally easily have killed a child.

Try engaging your brain before spouting nonsense.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Screw the owners. If they couldn't care if the dog was not on a leash and allowed it to run into the road in front of traffic, then tough luck.

They might try to run a guilt trip on you and spin some lies by trying to get the police to shake you down for money. 

Don't beleive them. Do NOT give any compesation. You should be asking for compensation from them for your trauma. 

So sick of the million or so street dogs that roam freely on to roads. 

If you offer compensation you admit that you have done something wrong. The dog owner will remember this and hate you no matter how much money you are paying. The dog owner must understand that he himself was wrong to let the dog out in the traffic! The only thing you can do for helping him to find peace in mind is to not pay and have him to understand that he himself was irresponsible and he himself set the dog at risk. Dogs and human babies are the responsibility of the parents and owners. Dont pay! The immigration officer offered you that he will take care of this situation for you. Let the immigration officer do the talking. Please dont be a fool "bribing" the owner, that makes you simply look like a weak farang fool and give everyone a reason to disrespect you (and your thai family if you have). Lazy thai dogs usually only run fast like this if they are trying to bite, so maybe it was just good that it is dead before it bites someone

Edited by Trollmann
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Speedhump said:

How about staying on topic guys? 

You running for Moderator?  If so try to be fair about your response I didn't just decide to pull it out of thin air!  It was a response from an individual who quoted me and responded off topic!  So if you were being fair you might also quote and respond where it started.

Silence is golden you response just continues the discussion off topic!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oxx said:

The mere fact that he killed a dog meant that he was driving too fast.  He was driving so fast he was unable to stop in time.  The dead dog is all the evidence that is needed.  QED.

And that he killed a dog meant that he could equally easily have killed a child.

Try engaging your brain before spouting nonsense.

You could be driving so slowly, creeping along at a snails pace, and a dog near your bike could suddenly decide to bolt in front of it and go under the wheel. 

You don't have to be driving fast to run over and kill an animal.. many people kill their pets by accident by reversing the car over them as they don't get out the way quick enough, or the driver did not know they were there.  

21 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

But this being Thailand, you will have to suffer the consequences of your original sin - being a farang in Thailand - but had you not offered 3000 Baht at the outset, I'd have expected you to be able to settle for a few hundred Baht eventually.

This.

The unsolicited 3000 baht offered by the enfeebled OP will get the irresponsible but enabled former puppy owner a nice upgrade at Chatuchak market.

My last contact, via translation with next door neighbour, is that lady is waiting for her husband to return from working away.  I think he works in BKK, not sure. Not sure when he will return, maybe Songkran ? Maybe I'm being too casual about it, but as far as I'm concerned now, they refused my initial offer & the more time passes the more it becomes a non-event. If & when I get further contact, I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, malt25 said:

Might I suggest that your avatar has struck the wall a few too many times..... The 3,000 Baht was solicited, requested by the dog's owner. To date I have NOT parted with one satang. I did offer a far lesser amount. Here's an idea.... put the bottle down, take a deep breath & reread the OP. If we were geographically closer I would be very tempted to demonstrate my enfeebleness personally.  But, as stated in my opening comment, I feel the desired result has already been attained. 

I stand corrected. I was responding in error to CuthbertPerkins's falacious post and the 3000 baht is what Mr Angry puppy owner demanded. I apologize.

Now, with regard to Mr Angry puppy killer, do you honestly still think you should give them money?

52 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I stand corrected. I was responding in error to CuthbertPerkins's falacious post and the 3000 baht is what Mr Angry puppy owner demanded. I apologize.

Now, with regard to Mr Angry puppy killer, do you honestly still think you should give them money?

Apology accepted.

A couple of points. I wasn't then, nor am now angry.  If you were referring to said pup, I don't think it had time to be angry. Actually I'm pretty blase' about the whole episode. Secondly, I never thought that I SHOULD give money. As I said in a previous post, compromise is often the least painful alternative.