HELP! Need Reference for Pet Euthanasia

We are newly arrived to Thailand and our dog has suffered a recurrence of his Mast Cell Tumor disease.  We have been going to Thonglor Hospital but the end is nigh.  Can anyone refer us to a vet that would euthanize the dog?  He is suffering, wasting away, and it is inhumane.  We are willing to support all Budhist burial requirements.  HELP!  We promise to keep this information confidential so the vet won't suffer any consequences.

Thonglor Pet hospital is a chain of hospitals with branches mainly in Bangkok but also in Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket. Are you in Bangkok?

There are vets in Thailand that will euthanize pets, but almost always only in situations where the pet is terminal and suffering (such as in your case). Unfortunately, such vets are few and far between and difficult to find. Hopefully, someone will be able to give you a reference soon. If not, maybe you should ask a moderator too move your topic to the Pet forum.

Sophon

28 minutes ago, Eli Blue said:

Thanks, folks.  We are calling around now.  We have been using Thonglor but was got the impression that they would not euthanize.  I will ask again.

We are in Bangkok, Sukhumvit area.

There is a pet crematorium at the Wat next door to Ekamai/Sukhumvit junction. It is in the back left corner of the compound. I think the best Buddhist send off. 

I have or rather my wife has taken two dogs there.

As for vets? maybe Animal Farm animal hospital On Nut approx Soi 7

28 minutes ago, Eli Blue said:

Thanks, folks.  We are calling around now.  We have been using Thonglor but was got the impression that they would not euthanize.  I will ask again.

We are in Bangkok, Sukhumvit area.

I do not know of any in Bangkok , but if you willing to take a drive to Pattaya , have 2 vets that will do.

muang acke ( they now have a few branches, check they may have one in Bangkok also)

pattaya animal hospital is another, on Pattaya tai road.

Contact Dr. Tony at Parichart Animal Hospital, it is out near Suvanabhumi

https://www.psahospital.com/

You will likely do better asking for an assessment first of whether there is anything that can be done rather than asking for euthanasia right off the bat. I know for a fact this hospital will euthanize if in Vet's opinion there is no hope and the animal is suffering, but they'll likely   want to make that assessment themselves.

There are no Buddhist burial requirements.

I should add OP that unlike in the West, afterwards you will be expected to take the body away yourself. They will place it in a styrofoam container. You'll want to stop at nearest 7 11 for ice. Plan ahead for what you will then do e.g. if you have a yard dig the grave etc.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I should add OP that unlike in the West, afterwards you will be expected to take the body away yourself. They will place it in a styrofoam container. You'll want to stop at nearest 7 11 for ice. Plan ahead for what you will then do e.g. if you have a yard dig the grave etc.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I suspect it depends on where you live.

My vet asked whether I wanted my dog(s) to be cremated (with the ashes returned), or whether I preferred to bury my dog(s) in my own garden.  But I live on Phuket where there are options for pet cremation.

I was also lucky in that my vet comes to my house for euthanisation(s).  But of course he knows the 'situation', as he's been involved since the start in operations/chemo etc.  He knows very well that when I make the final 'phone call (????) - it's because my dog is undoubtedly suffering and no longer enjoying life at all ????.

Archived