Grandmother savaged to death by family's own pit bulls

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

No they didn't tho' obviously,their paths were linked in ancient times (before McDonald's)

This is Canus Aureaus not Canus Lupus.

Very few of Canus Lupus have ever been domesticated.

Therefore,it really isn't canus aureas-IT IS THEIR MENTALLY RETARDED OWNERS-homo sapiens at it again..

i know-my son-in-law was one..

What?  Canus aureaus is the jackal, the only dogs bred from jackals are a Russian breed of sniffer dog.  Dogs are a sub species of wolf known as canus lupus familiaris, so actually a great number of canus lupus have been domesticated, its basically every dog.

Poor old woman, what a horrible way to die. What the F was going on in those peoples mind to have a pack of 6 let alone 1 of these highly dangerous and unpredictable breeds.
let me guess: paranoia, insecurity, and the dogs gave a sense of power where there was an absence of it in the owners, to 'protect and guard' them from perceived threats, and to intimidate those around them.

Dogs bred purely to kill. In my opinion such dogs should be banned from being bred. I cannot remember how many stories over the years I've heard of this breed of dog killing children and other people for no reason other than the inbred killing instinct emerged - without warning, from all the stories I have read and seen on news feeds. 

Dog bred to bring down bears, other large animals, and to fight in pit-fighting for so called 'sport' on the American continent long way back. Hence their breed name American Pit Bull.

This killing instinct is much more bred in dominant in this (and some other killing dogs).

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The family's six pit bull terriers were put back in their cage and the police were called. 

This is the most telling paragraph in this article.

Dogs of any breed will become stressed and potentially aggressive when kept chained up or caged.

Throw in the all too common habit of mistreating dogs, as I have seen so often both here and in many other countries and the stage is set for a tragedy like this.

Don't blame the dogs. They have evolved over thousands of years to live in harmony with mankind. Unfortunately, many humans have failed to reciprocate. 

I don't understand why anyone would want a dog in Thailand, never mind 6 dogs.

With the heat, rabies, traffic, strays and no space for exercise there's just no good reason I can see to have a dog here.

And the last thing we need in Thailand is another source of annoying noise. 

I met far more vicious Chihuahuas than pitbulls. I owned two pitties and they were sweethearts and absolutely adored my grandkids. Its the owners that use them for dog fighting that gives them a bad rep. Knuckleheads who claim all pitbulls are vicious are probably the same sort who claim all black people are great athletes or all Asians are smart. Please get a brain. 

Any breed of  dog  is  capable of  attack on humans. The  sad  fact is that  Pitbulls are  significantly  featured in seemingly unprovoked attacks on  family members and children in particular with fatal or gross outcome. They were bred for a purpose that is in contradiction to the concept of a  domestic family pet. Very  nice  dogs....until they lose the plot! Attacks  by  other breeds may be more common but usually with less fatal outcome.

8 minutes ago, BrahmaCat said:

I met far more vicious Chihuahuas than pitbulls. I owned two pitties and they were sweethearts and absolutely adored my grandkids. Its the owners that use them for dog fighting that gives them a bad rep. Knuckleheads who claim all pitbulls are vicious are probably the same sort who claim all black people are great athletes or all Asians are smart. Please get a brain. 

I don’t believe that anyone claims that all pit bulls are vicious? Clearly there are many good natured friendly dogs amongst them. The problem with the Chihuahua comparison is that if one of them goes rogue and attacks someone it is unlikely to lead to that person being killed or seriously mauled. Unlike a pit bull type dog, where the damage could be life changing or result in death. The dogs were bred for fighting, and for some of them it’s very difficult to train that out, no matter how experienced you are. 

The solution is to raise the bar for ownership very high. The animals need to be certified as having attended training classes, they should be licensed and regularly audited, all at the owners expense. In other words, make it very expensive to own one ... and jail those that don’t have the appropriate licences or fail the audits.

I have read through all of the posts here and the one thing that is missing with the comments is that dogs are a pack animal, no matter what the breed or mongrels. To have six dogs together is asking for trouble, as soon as the leader turns nasty the others will follow.

15 minutes ago, digger70 said:

You should be banned for just saying a stupid thing like that, there's nothing wrong with any dog , it's the owners who stuff up for not doing the right thing. one has to teach a dog from day one what's right or wrong, and have to Repeat that the same as one has to do with kids. ????:thumbsup:

Oh really. Just like there is nothing wrong with any person. It is others that teach them to become psychopath, sociopath, or just plain murderers. Everybody is nice. J. J. Rousseau would have liked you... But he was proven wrong by modern psychology.

Some breeds of dogs are just inclined to kill. Simple. And some breeds of dogs are just inclined to be nice to everyone all the time. Just facts.

Well looks like the Boys did not like Grandma !, .. well the Femailes would have been leading the hunt, if my Dogs are any thing to go on. ... Particularly against another female

Poor Grandma, ...RIP. I hope the dogs owners feel truly sorry now. 6 Big dogs, ..that need Caging ! ... In 4 Wah ...

Yes.

...  A Free Kicking fest should be held against the Family and owners right ? ... Like Dogs should not even be kept like that, Caged !!! ... Let alone Poor old Grandma that probably had to look after them any way ! ? ... 

2 hours ago, BrahmaCat said:

Knuckleheads who claim all pitbulls are vicious are probably the same sort who claim all black people are great athletes or all Asians are smart.

In debating this is an excellent example of what is called a strawman. You misrepresent what others are saying so it is easily destroyed.

I owned two pitties and they were sweethearts and absolutely adored my grandkids.

And this one is called a logical fallacy. You use an isolated personal experience as compelling evidence.

Please get a brain.

And this is an ad hominem attack. That is a personal insult.

Its the owners that use them for dog fighting that gives them a bad rep.

Deflection. Trying to deflect the blame and the narrative on to the topic of dog fighting which no-one is talking about and is not the topic of discussion.

There are some assumptions being made by some posters on the description of “cage”.

There are nuances in the English language between a “caged” dog and a “kenneled” dog which was possibly lost on the interpretation.

Any good trainer will tell you that a kennel is a positive thing for a dog which provides it a place of personal space. Its very common to see dogs hide in their kennels during a thunderstorm or even to take their naps.

Since these 6 dogs were obviously allowed to run free and untethered around the house then it is not correct to assign the negative connotations some posters have and connecting the dots that it was being caged which brings out the aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Where's the pics? Naming the dogs as Pitbulls without showing proof of breed is plain wrong. Over 20 breeds are misidentified as being Pitbulls.

Image result for identifying pitbulls

I believe that by reported dog bites and fatal attacks pit bulls are by a long way the most dangerous breed. Yes of course a well trained and cared for dog is far less likely to bite but the facts are that some breeds are more dangerous then others, thats just the way it is. This poor old lady has lost her life being attacked by 6 pit bulls.

Very sad story...

A lot of talk about myths and things so here are some stats that took about one minute to find. But there are a couple of points to consider.. While pit bulls caused 2/3 of the deaths on this list, there are still 9 other breeds on the list which can be considered dangerous. And strangely enough many people choose to have these dogs because of their agression (well at least the people i come accross in Australia). Their thinking is that they will keep the property safe from unwanted intruders, but in keeping a dog for that purpose you really need to be vigilant in your handling proceedures to keep your family safe also.

https---blogs-images.forbes.com-niallmccarthy-files-2018-09-20180914_Deadly_Dogs_Forbes.jpg

12 hours ago, Rally123 said:

You obviously believe the Pitbull myths?

In the USA the numbers of serious dog bites a couple of years ago: 2nd most bites were German Sheppards  with a few hundred reported bites. The number one was Pit Bulls with over 13,000 documented bites!!! I like dogs and most Pit Bulls are ok. But this particular breed is far and away more dangerous than most others! Our insurance company will not insure us against bites related to Pit Bulls in our rental properties. We ban them along with a few other breeds. Also if you have ever observed dogs? A pack of dogs are far more dangerous than a lone dog as they have a "pile on" disposition!

Extremely sad for the Lady!

Archived