Next Years Marriage Extension

Yesterday I renewed my Marriage Extension for the last time using proof of income from the British Embassy with very little trouble, one of the photos didn't meet with their requirements. Anyway we came back home, took some more photos and returned and completed the extension process. Today at 1600hrs the immigration are to visit our house for inspection. My Immigration Office is Jomptien.

Next year I want to go down the monthly payments route, correct me if I'm wrong but this will be 40,000baht per month and not 400,000 divided by 12.

If say one month the payment falls just short of the 40,000baht by interest rate fluctuations etc, can it be made up the following month.

And at the moment there appears to be a bone of contention with the Kasikorn bank issueing bank statements showing that the funds came from abroad, my statement for my gov pension states domestic payment. How would one navigate around this problem? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

It is 40k baht a month not 400k baht divided by 12.

The rules for an extension based upon marriage allows for an average income of 40k baht per month for the year which means your annual income would have to be at least 480k baht.

image.png.5e22ecd059f234e0ae6df5cdbd7875d5.png

From posts by members I have seen the problem with UK pensions being directed deposited to a Thai bank that they transfer them via CitiBank which causes them to be show as a domestic transfer. I can recall a post that you could get something from the source of your pension to prove it was direct deposit to your account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

ubonjoe,

Can your please show me your source for the clip you show?

Just looking for the full requirements for marriage extension but finding it difficult to locate.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, ellobo said:

Can your please show me your source for the clip you show?

That is from a amendment done to cause 2.18 of the police order that only changes the proof of income requirements.

1 minute ago, ellobo said:

Just looking for the full requirements for marriage extension but finding it difficult to locate.

You can download the relevant police orders for extensions of stay here and look at clause 2.18 in this topic.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

Thank you for your response ubonjoe.

Please allow me to ask my question in another way, having clicked my way through all the topics on the thread referenced above with no answer.  Maybe I just missed it.

Due to the US Embassy's decision to not issue income proof, I have decided to do a marriage extension rather than the retirement extension.  I know that the marriage extension requires more hoops through which to jump such as maps, house photos, etc.  

I would like a list of these hoops.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, ellobo said:

Thank you ubonjoe, exactly for what I was looking.

I think I will be applying at the same office, or at least the same district, KK.  I am down Phon way. 

The Khon Kaen office is friendly. Your report back date will be 30 days from when you current permit to stay ends which is standard here in the North East. 

My office is here in Ubon.

18 hours ago, vogie said:

If say one month the payment falls just short of the 40,000baht by interest rate fluctuations etc, can it be made up the following month.

Based on the written rules, probably. But you shouldn’t rely on that and try an make sure at least 40K appears in your account each month.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 40k baht a month not 400k baht divided by 12.

The rules for an extension based upon marriage allows for an average income of 40k baht per month for the year which means your annual income would have to be at least 480k baht.

From posts by members I have seen the problem with UK pensions being directed deposited to a Thai bank that they transfer them via CitiBank which causes them to be show as a domestic transfer. I can recall a post that you could get something from the source of your pension to prove it was direct deposit to your account.

Is there anyone who can elaborate on what is required from source of pension ie, does the DWP have a special form form this? Thanks

Edited by vogie
More info

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Is there anyone who can elaborate on what is required from source of pension? Thanks

Zero, nada, zilch. You have to show money being banked from abroad. That's it.  I suspect the Thais equate pension with "regular income stream that is not salary" which is why they use it, but no evidence of origin is required.  It could be an inheritance from your grandma or payout from lottery winnings for all they care

• Like 1

That's incorrect.

UK state Pensions paid directly into a Thai bank account are handled by Citi bank who transfer through Bank of Thailand using the BAHTNET system. These deposits are coded as BNT in the Passbook, or BAHTNET on a statement.

They are International transfers.

Perhaps some members are reporting 'domestic' transfers when they are manually transferring their UK state pensions from their UK banks, depending on their method of transfer, but when paid directly by the UK government they are certainly not coded as domestic.

2 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Zero, nada, zilch. You have to show money being banked from abroad. That's it.  I suspect the Thais equate pension with "regular income stream that is not salary" which is why they use it, but no evidence of origin is required.  It could be an inheritance from your grandma or payout from lottery winnings for all they care

I can recall a post that you could get something from the source of your pension to prove it was direct deposit to your account.

Thanks for the reply.

I was just querying U/J response about him recalling another post about getting evidence from the source of the pension.

Is there anyway to prove to Immigration my pension came from the UK to my Kasikorn acc in Thailand, I think I read that people that bank with Bangkok Bank don't have this problem.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

That's incorrect.

UK state Pensions paid directly into a Thai bank account are handled by Citi bank who transfer through Bank of Thailand using the BAHTNET system. These deposits are coded as BNT in the Passbook, or BAHTNET on a statement.

They are International transfers.

Perhaps some members are reporting 'domestic' transfers when they are manually transferring their UK state pensions from their UK banks, depending on their method of transfer, but when paid directly by the UK government they are certainly not coded as domestic.

Tanoshi, the DWP pay my pension into my Kasikorn acc and it does show up as 'domestic' ☹️

34 minutes ago, vogie said:

Is there anyone who can elaborate on what is required from source of pension ie, does the DWP have a special form form this? Thanks

I strongly suspect that your difficulties arise from the fact that the agency bank which Citibank use in Thailand is not Kasikorn. You therefore need to find out from Citibank which agency bank they use in Thailand, and then obtain from said agency bank, not Kasikorn, some certificate confirming the foreign provenance of each pension transfer.

I distinctly recall a recent report on here from someone who successfully obtained the necessary certificate from the agency bank direct, notwithstanding that this was not the bank with whom they held the beneficiary account. Unfortunately I am unable to lay my hands on it right now.

EDIT: Was not aware of @Tanoshi's posting stating that the Bank of Thailand are, in effect, Citibank's agents in Thailand when I posted this. Therefore you need to approach them for the necessary certificate, I think. I strongly suspect that yer typical immigration officer will take a mighty lot of convincing that BAHTNET is, in fact, an international code!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Tanoshi, the DWP pay my pension into my Kasikorn acc and it does show up as 'domestic' ☹️

That's an issue with Kasikorn, not the method of transfer.

Bank statements will record a BAHTNET payment.

Immigration strongly advise you get bank statements for that reason.

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I strongly suspect that your difficulties arise from the fact that the agency bank which Citibank use in Thailand is not Kasikorn. You therefore need to find out from Citibank which agency bank they use in Thailand, and then obtain from said agency bank, not Kasikorn, some certificate confirming the foreign provenance of each pension transfer.

It's transferred through Bank of Thailand, to KK HQ, then they transfer to your local account.

KK along with many other Thai banks don't detail the source of the transfer to the local accounts.

As far as your branch is concerned the deposit came from their HQ in Bangkok, therefore coded as domestic.

Bangkok bank appear to be the only Thai bank that 'tag' the source through to your local account.

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Vogie,

Have you got any p/work from the Dept of Work/Pensions..stating your monthly UK Govt pittance?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

TI won't accept foreign documents, unless they request them in support of financial proof.

If Vogie gets hold of KK bank statements, the transfers should be coded as BAHTNET.

He can easily register for online banking, but print off's are limited to 6 months accounts.

https://www.bot.or.th/English/PaymentSystems/PSServices/bahtnet/Pages/default.aspx

• Like 1

Ok..is it a Dept Work n Pension letter..if so it should state the financial value of your 4 weekly pittance.
You could get a certified translation of it.
Perhaps also get certified translations of any other financial bits n bobs that gets paid into your Thai bank.
Also maybe think bout moving to Bangkok Bank
All above with respect mate[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That's an issue with Kasikorn, not the method of transfer.

Bank statements will record a BAHTNET payment.

Immigration strongly advise you get bank statements for that reason.

I have just checked my acc and under the wording 'domestic' it says BNT00001, is that what you are referring to, if so would I have to print a copy of this from my internet banking every month. And next year will immigration accept these 12 statements as evidence, I seem to remember from another thread that U/J stated that immigration may not be too happy with so much paperwork.

I hope I'm not the only one that finds this confusing.

Edited by vogie

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Ok..is it a Dept Work n Pension letter..if so it should state the financial value of your 4 weekly pittance.
You could get a certified translation of it.
Perhaps also get certified translations of any other financial bits n bobs that gets paid into your Thai bank.

The order clearly states passbook or bank statements showing min income of 40K per month from overseas.

I have no idea why people suggest alternatives.

8 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Also maybe think bout moving to Bangkok Bank

That is good advice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have just checked my acc and under the wording 'domestic' it says BNT00001, is that what you are referring to, if so would I have to print a copy of this from my internet banking every month. And next year will immigration accept these 12 statements as evidence, I seem to remember from another thread that U/J stated that immigration may not be too happy with so much paperwork.

I hope I'm not the only one that finds this confusing.

Is that from your online statement?

With KK you can either have them confirm in the letter that the code 'BNT' is an International transfer through the Bank of Thailand BAHTNET system.

Or, request an advice receipt every month after the transaction takes place.

It's a pain in the bum with banks other than BKK who appear to be the only fully automated bank.

16 hours ago, ellobo said:

Thank you for your response ubonjoe.

Please allow me to ask my question in another way, having clicked my way through all the topics on the thread referenced above with no answer.  Maybe I just missed it.

Due to the US Embassy's decision to not issue income proof, I have decided to do a marriage extension rather than the retirement extension.  I know that the marriage extension requires more hoops through which to jump such as maps, house photos, etc.  

I would like a list of these hoops.

Thanks.

If you live in Bangkok the process isn't all that dire (O extension on marriage), just follow the list.

Be certain to have an updated KR2 and money banked before and until you pu your stamp 30 days after. The lease on your pad could be an issue. For this reason weve stayed in a flat given the amenities and the office provides an annual letter attesting to our continued occupancy almost on demand. Those really the only issues I'd foresee in BKK. We have been successful with pics: on the bed, in front of wardrobe, standing in front of open apt door and in front of building with address.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Is that from your online statement?

With KK you can either have them confirm in the letter that the code 'BNT' is an International transfer through the Bank of Thailand BAHTNET system.

Or, request an advice receipt every month after the transaction takes place.

It's a pain in the bum with banks other than BKK who appear to be the only fully automated bank.

Yes, from my online statement

I seem to get more confused every time I read a new post on this....

So, just for clarification (for me)....

I can either:.

A) Show 400K in my bank 2 months prior to extending 

OR

B) Show a min of 40K coming into my Bangkok Bank account per month (shown as an international transfer)

is that it ??

Cheers ????

1 hour ago, vogie said:

if you get a govt pension then all you need do is get a print a copy of it out  and take it to your embassy and they will stamp it but you may need you to show them the original online, Australia has all your info online so you can log in(and print out) and show them that it is the original and they will ratify it for a cost, this is acceptable to immigration

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes, from my online statement

You may find statements requested from KK's HQ state BAHTNET in full.

The problem is will your IO understand what BNT or BAHTNET mean?

You can request advice receipts on a monthly basis which detail the source of transfer.

1146684913_KasikornCredit-Advicereceipt..jpg.5c40d844e65b92a50dc44ba58a2d3a6c.jpg

• Like 1