Next Years Marriage Extension

19 minutes ago, cranki said:

I seem to get more confused every time I read a new post on this....

So, just for clarification (for me)....

I can either:.

A) Show 400K in my bank 2 months prior to extending 

OR

B) Show a min of 40K coming into my Bangkok Bank account per month (shown as an international transfer)

is that it ??

Cheers ????

Yes, but they may request proof of the 400K still in the bank at the point of issuing the extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Zero, nada, zilch. You have to show money being banked from abroad. That's it.  I suspect the Thais equate pension with "regular income stream that is not salary" which is why they use it, but no evidence of origin is required.  It could be an inheritance from your grandma or payout from lottery winnings for all they care

Not always.  This depends on the immigration-office, with a greater chance they will demand secondary proof of the origin of the funds in cases of marriage-based extensions.  If your income is not from a "state pension," and you don't have a pension-letter to prove it, that may be a problem at some offices.

1 hour ago, seajae said:
2 hours ago, vogie said:

Is there anyone who can elaborate on what is required from source of pension ie, does the DWP have a special form form this? Thanks

if you get a govt pension then all you need do is get a print a copy of it out  and take it to your embassy and they will stamp it

If your embassy no longer provides the letter (case of the OP, from the UK, also USA, AU, DK), then the starting point is the bank's proof of foreign-transfers - the primary document, without which you won't get anywhere. 

Then, maybe, they want to see secondary documents.  There is no report I have seen that the secondary documents need embassy-stamps on them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, littlepe said:

Same IO as you Vogie.  Can I ask please details of photo requirements - on plain paper? - black and white? - how many?

Also I see that a different desk from Retirement deals with it - is it less busy/frantic?

Less busy, but much less-friendly.  Hopefully you own your own condo, or your landlord may need to submit to to a proctology-exam, to satisfy them.  An up-to-date TM-30 is needed, but not sufficient.

21 minutes ago, littlepe said:

Same IO as you Vogie.  Can I ask please details of photo requirements - on plain paper? - black and white? - how many?

Also I see that a different desk from Retirement deals with it - is it less busy/frantic?

On Tuesday when I went down, we went straight to the Marriage Extention desk (6?) and our number was displaying on their counter clock. This happened twice as we had to return to our house to retake some photos, we had mistakingly included the witness on some of the photos. But Jomptien is not always quiet, I try to go midweek as Mondays and Fridays can be quite busy.

27 minutes ago, littlepe said:

Sorry forgot to mention, we took 4 photos (duplicated), one outside taken showing your house number, one in bedroom, one in lounge and one in kitchen all with you and your wife. I would be happy to be corrected on this if my info is wrong, as my wife organises it all, I just pay.????

Just now, littlepe said:

Thanks. And these photos - printed on a sheet of A4?

You can put 4 photos on an A4 sheet, infact my wife took the photos on her phone and took the phone to the agency just outside immigration and they printed them off for 200 baht.

19 hours ago, ellobo said:

Thank you ubonjoe, exactly for what I was looking.

I think I will be applying at the same office, or at least the same district, KK.  I am down Phon way. 

When you  are  at  immigration get the LINE contact details for  your  officer as sometimes they are NOT  ready at  the return date and you can check with the  officer to save your time.

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

You can put 4 photos on an A4 sheet, infact my wife took the photos on her phone and took the phone to the agency just outside immigration and they printed them off for 200 baht.

They have started asking for PHOTO quality now by me in  Hua  Hin as printed at home were not accepted in the last month. I've just had my 12 month extension approved. They also asked for a second bank letter this year about 3  weeks after they had  one already from the bank when I applied.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, but they may request proof of the 400K still in the bank at the point of issuing the extension.

Hua  Hin yesterday, not required to show  bank  book again when collecting extension stamp but was asked for second bank letter about 1  week ago.

Also no mention of TM 28-30 ever in 6  years( thankfully)

5 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

They have started asking for PHOTO quality now by me in  Hua  Hin as printed at home were not accepted in the last month. I've just had my 12 month extension approved. They also asked for a second bank letter this year about 3  weeks after they had  one already from the bank when I applied.

As for the photo quality, the agency in the same grounds as IO will print off what is needed for 200 baht, they know exactly what immigration require. Infact as I walked into the agency a lady sat just outside their office said "visa?" Their agency is about 20ft from the immigration steps.

Each IO appears to have its own rules, the IO I am referring to is Jomptien of course.

3 hours ago, vogie said:
3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That's incorrect.

UK state Pensions paid directly into a Thai bank account are handled by Citi bank who transfer through Bank of Thailand using the BAHTNET system. These deposits are coded as BNT in the Passbook, or BAHTNET on a statement.

They are International transfers.

Perhaps some members are reporting 'domestic' transfers when they are manually transferring their UK state pensions from their UK banks, depending on their method of transfer, but when paid directly by the UK government they are certainly not coded as domestic.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Tanoshi, the DWP pay my pension into my Kasikorn acc and it does show up as 'domestic' ☹️

This is also true with Krungsri. There is no difference in coding between 'direct UK pension payments' and TransferWise payments. They're both coded TN (Transfer Deposit Nobook). This is no different from a domestic deposit.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

You can put 4 photos on an A4 sheet,

For me @ Jomtien they wanted 4 photos of just me and wife around the house 1 showing us and the house number,

2 original photos stuck onto a A4 page ( so 2 pages)  and photo copies.

When they came to interview us at home they took photos of me,wife and witness outside our apartment building

outside our apartment showing the number and all of us sitting on the sofa.

So at the immigration office  they wanted  photos of just me and wife ( no witness)  but at home they wanted photos with witness ...at least we didn't have to drag the witness to the office this time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johng said:

As far as I'm aware its either (400,000 lump in the bank )  or (40,000 per month)  not both.

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

No only funds method.

Incomes can be spent as they come in.

Ok, that now clears it up in a straightforward manner for me.

Cheers ????

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This is also true with Krungsri. There is no difference in coding between 'direct UK pension payments' and TransferWise payments. They're both coded TN (Transfer Deposit Nobook). This is no different from a domestic deposit.

Get a bank statement.

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Get a bank statement.

I have 8 months worth downloaded. What next?

A thought has just occured to me. I was contemplating opening a Bangkok bank acc and getting my goverment pension paid into that for ease of clarity, but would it be easier to get my government pension paid into my UK bank and then transfer the money myself to my Kasikorn bank, which will show up as an international transfer. Can anyone see a problem or downside to this?

Edited by vogie

18 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have 8 months worth downloaded. What next?

If as you state your UK state pension is paid directly to your Thai bank, then it is transferred via BOT using the BAHTNET system. Bank statements from the HQ will code these payments as BAHTNET.

Passbooks and online statements may not be clear.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That's not what you said initially. It was simply a very curt 'Get a bank statement'.

Even online statements should have a BTN code, but how Krungsri process and record such transfers is a matter for you to take up with them. Immigration advise obtaining statements from HQ, probably for that very reason.

So far, BKK is the only example I've seen where the source of the transfer is coded all the way through to local branch accounts. Other Thai banks don't appear to follow the same process for foreign transfers.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Even online statements should have a BTN code, but how Krungsri process and record such transfers is a matter for you to take up with them. Immigration advise obtaining statements from HQ, probably for that very reason.

So far, BKK is the only example I've seen where the source of the transfer is coded all the way through to local branch accounts. Other Thai banks don't appear to follow the same process for foreign transfers.

Thank you. A bit of clarity makes all the difference.

In fact, as I'm going for an income based extension in August, I have already sounded out Krungsri on this matter. My branch manager assures me that they are well aware of Immigration's requirements and they can provide all the income proof that I need.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Thank you. A bit of clarity makes all the difference.

In fact, as I'm going for an income based extension in August, I have already sounded out Krungsri on this matter. My branch manager assures me that they are well aware of Immigration's requirements and they can provide all the income proof that I need.

If your overseas transfers were direct to Krungsri, then statements from HQ, or a statement of International transfers should work for you. Additionally a letter confirming BAHTNET transfers are overseas transactions.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:20 AM, vogie said:

A thought has just occured to me. I was contemplating opening a Bangkok bank acc and getting my goverment pension paid into that for ease of clarity, but would it be easier to get my government pension paid into my UK bank and then transfer the money myself to my Kasikorn bank, which will show up as an international transfer. Can anyone see a problem or downside to this?

Can I re-ask this question please.