Next Years Marriage Extension

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Can I re-ask this question please.

Regardless of the method used to make International transfers to Thailand, the issue is how your Thai bank process and record that transfer. From the examples I've seen, only Bangkok bank process transfers similar to what you'd expect from a UK bank.

There is no guarantee for example with Kasikorn (and others) that an International transfer would be processed in such a way as it was clearly coded in your passbook or online statements.

In this case you'd have to request statements from the HQ, credit advice receipts, or a statement of International transfers (not positive KK offer that) as proof of International transfers for Immigration purposes.

It's possible to acquire the evidence of International transfers, regardless of Thai bank, or method of transfer, it's the lengths you may have to go to, and how to obtain it that's the issue.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, johng said:

Kasikorn uses the code TFN05027- TFN05029 for international transaction and shows it in far right column if the bank book.

So this is what it shows on my on-line banking statement, will the IO accept this as evidence of transfer of funds. The top one applies.

Screenshot_2019-03-23-14-05-56-877.jpeg

Edited by vogie

48 minutes ago, johng said:

Kasikorn uses the code TFN05027- TFN05029 for international transaction and shows it in far right column if the bank book.

05027 is an International transfer.

What is 05028 - 05029?

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

So this is what it shows on my on-line banking statement, will the IO accept this as evidence of transfer of funds. The top one applies.

Screenshot_2019-03-23-14-05-56-877.jpeg

05030 isn't even in the book.

If you don't know, how do you expect TI to know.

Ask KK for a HQ statement. If it states Int Transfer, then those are what you need.

If not, you need to request a credit advice receipt. (Every time you make a monthly transfer)

Really don't have all this crap with BKK.

Edited by Tanoshi

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

will the IO accept this as evidence of transfer of funds. The top one applies.

I expect they will want to see the actual bank book with a transaction from that day and a letter from the bank confirming the balance.

6 minutes ago, johng said:

I expect they will want to see the actual bank book with a transaction from that day and a letter from the bank confirming the balance.

If you think TI are going to flip through pages of Passbooks trying to identify foreign transfers from various banks, whilst the queue grows behind, I believe your in for a surprise.

They'll probably push it back and inform you to get bank statements clearly identifying foreign transfers, either 'International Transfer', 'FTT', or 'Bahtnet'.

Those are only descriptions my IO are familiar with and want to see.

You've got the added problem of regularly updating the passbook and god forbid your on the last line where the it will just bring your balance forward and omit previous debits and credits.

What you gonna do now!

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you think TI are going to flip through pages of Passbooks trying to identify foreign transfers from various banks, whilst the queue grows behind, I believe your in for a surprise.

They'll probably push it back and inform you to get bank statements clearly identifying foreign transfers, either 'International Transfer', 'FTT', or 'Bahtnet'.

Those are only descriptions my IO are familiar with and want to see.

You've got the added problem of regularly updating the passbook and god forbid your on the last line where the it will just bring your balance forward and omit previous debits and credits.

What you gonna do now!

Seems a good idea to open a Bangkok Bank Acc ASAP, but maybe have an agent as plan B.

Thanks for the advice.

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Seems a good idea to open a Bangkok Bank Acc ASAP, but maybe have an agent as plan B.

Thanks for the advice.

Why don't you first of all speak to your KK branch - explain the issue.

They can provide monthly credit advices, perhaps you can order these monthly.

Your UK state pension alone won't meet the requirements, so presumably your transferring a private/company pension as well.

What method are you using for that - how is that coded?

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Why don't you first of all speak to your KK branch - explain the issue.

They can provide monthly credit advices, perhaps you can order these monthly.

Your UK state pension alone won't meet the requirements, so presumably your transferring a private/company pension as well.

What method are you using for that - how is that coded?

The code I posted was my private pension, my government pension is coded as such. Second code down.

Screenshot_2019-03-23-15-47-43-016.thumb.jpeg.b4556536eb9366f786a082f7ff5d72b9.jpeg

Edited by vogie

4 hours ago, vogie said:

The code I posted was my private pension, my government pension is coded as such. Second code down.

Screenshot_2019-03-23-15-47-43-016.thumb.jpeg.b4556536eb9366f786a082f7ff5d72b9.jpeg

A 'BAHNET' transfer Bank of Thailand to KK HQ.

Then the transfer from HQ to your account is described as 'domestic', which doesn't help!

If you ask KK for a HQ statement, I feel sure you'll find them described as an 'International' and 'BAHTNET' transfers.

• Like 1

Vogie..open a Bangkok Bank..INSTANT ACCESS INTEREST PAYING SAVINGS ACCOUNT..IT IS A BLUE BOOK..then tell UK Govt Pensions Dept your BKK number..swift code etc.
Phone Dept Wk n Pensions..ask them to phone you back..they are Ok.

Do the same re any other money you want to move to BKK Bank.
Also ask your Bkk Bank Branch to do a letter for you re explaining payments coming from abroad.
My branch up in Chaiyaphum province are oh so helpful.
Good luck re the above.
Cheers..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:50 AM, vogie said:

A thought has just occured to me. I was contemplating opening a Bangkok bank acc and getting my goverment pension paid into that for ease of clarity, but would it be easier to get my government pension paid into my UK bank and then transfer the money myself to my Kasikorn bank, which will show up as an international transfer. Can anyone see a problem or downside to this?

As far as I recall there is no need to prove the money came from overseas at all for a marriage extension.

Consider a younger man of say 35 years old, married to a Thai lady and earning 60,000 baht a month in Thailand. Don't forget you can get a work permit based on marriage. This guy doesn't have a pension from overseas, or anywhere else, but meets the income requirements, all earned in Thailand.

I think people are mixing up the retirement income requirements with the married requirements.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

As far as I recall there is no need to prove the money came from overseas at all for a marriage extension.

Consider a younger man of say 35 years old, married to a Thai lady and earning 60,000 baht a month in Thailand. Don't forget you can get a work permit based on marriage. This guy doesn't have a pension from overseas, or anywhere else, but meets the income requirements, all earned in Thailand.

I think people are mixing up the retirement income requirements with the married requirements.

In the case of a person working in Thailand, they would show their work-permit and Thai income-tax proofs to qualify

When applying based on "income from abroad," they will require it be international-transfers or a letter from one's embassy (if available), and may further inquire as to the source of the income, possibly requesting to see a pension-letter.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

If married and employed in Thailand you can use income earned in Thailand.

If using income from abroad you need to show transfers from abroad, or an embassy letter confirming the foreign income.

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

In that case they would have to provide a personal income tax form together with the payments slip.

There are 3 options to providing proof of income.

Just an update really. 

I have just rang Kasikorn Help Desk and explained the problem with my bank statement not showing an international transfer code. He said the only way that would resolve this is to ring my pension provider and have my pension transfered directly into my Thai bank without going through a 3rd bank.

I think I have more confidence in opening a Bangkok Bank Acc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Just an update really. 

I have just rang Kasikorn Help Desk and explained the problem with my bank statement not showing an international transfer code. He said the only way that would resolve this is to ring my pension provider and have my pension transfered directly into my Thai bank without going through a 3rd bank.

My mate was banging his head on a brick wall with KK on this issue.

We spent 2 hours in branch speaking to the help desk and HQ.

All he wanted was the 'credit advise receipts' advised by Sheryl, but even that was problematic.

He also found it easier to open a BKK account, give DWP his new account details and no further problems.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ubonquest said:

I think that if the 400,000 or 40k/month is not coded as International transfer by your bank, then you are scr...wed.

There is no requirement for proof that 400k baht came from abroad. Only for proof of 40k baht income is it required.

• Like 1

Vogie...PLEASE OPEN AN INTEREST PAYING INSTANT ACCESS SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH BANGKOK BANK..IT'S A BLUE BOOK

You know how to have a natter with me[emoji6]

Just an update really. 

• Like 1

Take the Wife with you with Her blue house book/id card..maybe household bill..eg..true tv/internet bill..electric bill etc
You need passport..yellow house book..Thai id card if you have one..etc etc.
Hope your nearest BKK Bank branch staff are as good as mine up here in Chaiyaphum province.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers

Yeah, I plan to go down and open a Bangkok Bank Acc this afternoon. Thanks

• Thanks 1

Thai driving licence also.
Keep in touch..cheers
Also..IMPORTANT..the correct Bank Code details etc..as hopefully you'll be filling in a new UK Pension form..any other financial bits n bobs that you intend to get paid into BKK Bank.

Take the Wife with you with Her blue house book/id card..maybe household bill..eg..true tv/internet bill..electric bill etc
You need passport..yellow house book..Thai id card if you have one..etc etc.
Hope your nearest BKK Bank branch staff are as good as mine up here in Chaiyaphum province.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Also..IMPORTANT..the correct Bank Code details etc..as hopefully you'll be filling in a new UK Pension form..any other financial bits n bobs that you intend to get paid into BKK Bank.

Easier and quicker to just ring the DWP for the changes.

A few security questions and bingo.

DWP will require the branch name. All bank branches have a name, believe it or not.