Video: Dog dumped by owners runs after pick-up in vain

webfact

Video: Dog dumped by owners runs after pick-up in vain

3pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thousands of dog loving Thais were sharing a video of a dog chasing after a pick-up in Pattaya after it was apparently dumped by its owners. 

It was posted by "JP Kat" who stated that they had caught up with the pick-up to tell them their dog was chasing them but a woman who wound down the window was not interested. 

One of the women on the motorcycle in the video suggests that the dog was left when the owners moved house. 

Dog lovers shared the story in an effort to track down the pick-up. The registration was visible. 

JP Kat said it was disgraceful that they just dumped their dog for others to take care of. She would have looked after it had they known.

The incident happened in the Khao Talo area of Pattaya. 

Daily News failed to get in contact with the poster for any update. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-20

Heartbreaking. The heartlessness of the people who can just drive off and ignore their dog, being blind to his efforts to catch up, a dog who worships his family, is mind boggling. For Buddhists for whom life is so sacred, it is even worse. While I see much wrongdoing in this country, by foreigners and locals alike, this sort of behaviour is to my mind, seriously disgraceful and unacceptable.

As many members on here know after the murder across from us we got a dog ( breed unknown).

Now she is kept chained at night, for her own safety ( neighbour loves poisoning dogs).

Daytime she runs around , she cannot get out, other dogs cannot get in, never makes a mess, goes into the lime tree area to do her business.

As i am typing this, she is lying at the side of my wheelchair, follows me around, does exactly as she is told, yet she will not listen/ obey when my wifes speaks to her ( something which i find hilarious ).

Now after having her here a few months i would hate to lose her, damn good company for me when my wife is at work.

Looking at the video clip, that poor abandoned dog just as faithful/ loving as my dog.

56 minutes ago, colinneil said:

As many members on here know after the murder across from us we got a dog ( breed unknown).

Now she is kept chained at night, for her own safety ( neighbour loves poisoning dogs).

Daytime she runs around , she cannot get out, other dogs cannot get in, never makes a mess, goes into the lime tree area to do her business.

As i am typing this, she is lying at the side of my wheelchair, follows me around, does exactly as she is told, yet she will not listen/ obey when my wifes speaks to her ( something which i find hilarious ).

Now after having her here a few months i would hate to lose her, damn good company for me when my wife is at work.

Looking at the video clip, that poor abandoned dog just as faithful/ loving as my dog.

Sounds very much like our dog. She is only 15 months old and follows me around everywhere. She loves my wife too, but doesn't obey her.

Yes, I also take her in at night as last year our other dog suddenly died of toxic poisoning. Not sure where from though.

I haven't watched the video and don't intend to as things like that upset me. Dogs become very loving and faithful and I simply cannot understand that people just dump them. Would they suddenly dump their children?

Dogs give unconditional love

They need to know who the pack leader is to take instructions from and obey

Tone of voice from the females mentioned may need to be lowered for the dogs to obey

Is there a law which prohibits dumping??

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

On the other side of the coin, many if not most Thai people loves dogs sheltering, feeding and giving water to countless soi's stray mutts... Go figure...

Yes but never the ones near their own house.

42 minutes ago, Kim J said:

More is the pity it didn't get run over by the pickup before it causes an accident, dogs like that are a danger to road users, particularly motorcyclists.

Edited 34 minutes ago by Kim J

I agree with you 

This kind of dog's is very dangerous 

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Heartbreaking. The heartlessness of the people who can just drive off and ignore their dog, being blind to his efforts to catch up, a dog who worships his family, is mind boggling. For Buddhists for whom life is so sacred, it is even worse. While I see much wrongdoing in this country, by foreigners and locals alike, this sort of behaviour is to my mind, seriously disgraceful and unacceptable.

And this one will now become a soi dog which many TV members propose killing. The b******d owners are the ones who should be put down.

Maybe the dog was horrible.  Maybe it bit people and kids, crapped inside the house, howled and barked all night and attacked other dogs, killed cats and chickens and the owners were sick of it?

Maybe it was just chasing the car as it always did when the owners went out.  I have seen dogs chasing their owners cars and motor bikes until the get tired and go back home.

This story seem to just be complete fiction with no facts.  How did the girl know that these were the dogs owners, that they were moving house, that they were dumping the dog etc?

Then, she even does nothing to help the dog she says she is so concerned for.  If she loved it so much why did she not stop and take it to her home to care for?

58 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Maybe the dog was horrible.  Maybe it bit people and kids, crapped inside the house, howled and barked all night and attacked other dogs, killed cats and chickens and the owners were sick of it?

Ah, the average Thai pet!

Breaks my heart to read that, dogs are not goldfish. They have feelings just like people. Would the dog owners dump their child like that and drive away? Our family just lost our beloved poodle after almost 13 years with us. It hurt but we spoiled and loved her so I take comfort knowing she had a happy life. A dog loves their family unconditionally they are better than people. 

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Most Thais are Buddhist by name not by practice. They just go to temple to pray for benefits for themselves not for the sentient beings.  Lottery vendors are aplenty outside such wats taking advantage of the pilgrims. Real Buddhist practitioners do no harm in their three actions. No unclean thoughts, no wanton talk and no harmful deeds. 

Bleeding heart dog-owners.  I see many dogs chasing cars and motor bikes.  I stopped to drive one off that was biting a woman on a motorbike.  My step-daughter was knocked unconscious when she was floored by a mutt attacking vehicles. 

If owners were made responsible for damage caused by their pets there would be fewer fouling the street and causing accidents and spreading diseases.

None of these incidents would occur if Thailand rounded up all dogs on the street without owners; kept them for a fortnight and, if unclaimed, exported them to Cambodia.

19 hours ago, Kim J said:

"It was apparently dumped by its owners".

"One of the women on the motorcycle in the video suggests that the dog was left".

From what I can see it is all supposition. Nothing at all there to suggest the drivers of this pickup are the owners of the dog. All they saw was a dog running down the road possibly chasing a specific vehicle. There could be any number of reasons for that happening, indeed you can see dogs running around in the roads all over Thailand.

More is the pity it didn't get run over by the pickup before it causes an accident, dogs like that are a danger to road users, particularly motorcyclists.

Good gawd man, are you that oblivious? Is your world only black & white? Why would the dog run after that particular vehicle?

Your a danger to the public for being such an arse.

19 hours ago, Kim J said:

"It was apparently dumped by its owners".

"One of the women on the motorcycle in the video suggests that the dog was left".

From what I can see it is all supposition. Nothing at all there to suggest the drivers of this pickup are the owners of the dog. All they saw was a dog running down the road possibly chasing a specific vehicle. There could be any number of reasons for that happening, indeed you can see dogs running around in the roads all over Thailand.

Clearly you are in need of a visit to the opticians, look at the video the dog is not aggressively attacking the pickup, but calmly following after it, anybody with half a brain can see that.

19 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I agree with you 

This kind of dog's is very dangerous 

Try riding with your eyes open and paying attention to the road and all

over sudden “this kind of dogs” are not dangerous but oblivious riders are

Well, I'll admit to doing something similar with a stray cat which showed up at my back door. After feeding it for a couple of weeks, I took it to the vet and learned it had feline AIDS and leukemia. Let's just say, after hearing that diagnosis, me and my little friend took a nice long drive out in the countryside, but only one of us returned home (leave the gun, take the cannolis). No, I didn't kill the cat, or leave it alongside a road, but you get the picture. There aren't any animal shelters in my area, and vets won't generally agree to euthanize pets. I'm not proud of doing this, but nor do I feel particularly guilty, because I was only returning it to the same feral existence it had been leading before it showed up at my house.

19 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Breaks my heart to read that, dogs are not goldfish. They have feelings just like people. Would the dog owners dump their child like that and drive away? Our family just lost our beloved poodle after almost 13 years with us. It hurt but we spoiled and loved her so I take comfort knowing she had a happy life. A dog loves their family unconditionally they are better than people. 

Goldfish hater!  My goldfish are much better than a stinky dog.  They never bite people, never make a noise at night, and don't spread rabies. 

Dogs are 'better' then people?!  Are you including yourself and your family in that statement?  

3 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Yes, and it was causing a danger to other road users in the process.

There are far too many dogs roaming free in Thailand, causing a nuisance, danger and damage to people and their property, it is high time something was done about it. They are nothing but vermin.

The dog was dumped, it is the owners who were responsible for that poor animal being on the road.

It is time something was done, i agree with you on that, but not to the dogs but inconsiderate a++ehole humans.

Must agree with you about all the dogs roaming free here.

My dog does not get out the gate, never.

Archived