If i divorce my thai wife, my non o one year extension will expire immediately?

Your extension of stay would end on the date the divorce is finalized.

But of course you would have time to prepare for it since a divorce does not happen overnight.

One option is to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that would not end when your marriage ends.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your extension of stay would end on the date the divorce is finalized.

But of course you would have time to prepare for it since a divorce does not happen overnight.

One option is to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that would not end when your marriage ends.

uncontested divorce = same say

but I am reading now, if you go to an embassy, take a non-o multi entry visa based on marriage, it is ....valid for one year and not cancelled at all ...

what kind of crazy world do we live in right ?  extension here = bye bye today and non-o outside is 1 more year ...

52 minutes ago, justin case said:

uncontested divorce = same say

but I am reading now, if you go to an embassy, take a non-o multi entry visa based on marriage, it is ....valid for one year and not cancelled at all ...

what kind of crazy world do we live in right ?  extension here = bye bye today and non-o outside is 1 more year ...

A contested divorce might done on the same day but i don't think most couples would decide to do it that quick. There would be some planning needed.

There is a big difference between a extension issued by immigration and a visa issued by an embassy or consulate.

For a extension of stay there are regulations that state if the reason for it goes away it is no longer valid. There is no such regulation for a visa.