BANGKOK 24 May 2019 01:47
james.d

Yoghurt for flatbreads

If you want full fat, there is some Australian Greek style yoghurt at Big C or Friendship. 

I have the real thing here, but I import it for my own use. 

Second best to that is the organic yoghurt sold in Friendship in the plastic jars with the red screw on tops.

2 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

If you want full fat, there is some Australian Greek style yoghurt at Big C or Friendship. 

Second best to that is the organic yoghurt sold in Friendship in the plastic jars with the red screw on tops.

Thank you, I live in bkk so no friendship mart. I was afraid of the Greek "style" as I was unsure.  I will endeavour and report back. 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, james.d said:

Thank you, I live in bkk so no friendship mart. I was afraid of the Greek "style" as I was unsure.  I will endeavour and report back. 

Thanks.

Greek yoghurt contains 10% fat, as it is not just yoghurt but also cream. I would guess full fat normal yoghurt would be 4% to 5%.

The Australian 'Greek' should be somewhere between those two.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:06 AM, BritManToo said:

It doesn't matter what's in it, Yolida is one of the best natural yogurts available in Thailand.

The problem with Yolida is It's 0% fat so as soon as you stir it it becomes runny,there are no Greek yoghurts in Thailand only "Greek style".there are Aussie versions in the supermarkets in Pattaya but you really have to be able to read the labels and the Thais have a very irritating habit of putting a sticker (written in Thai  that I can't read )over the list of ingredients and percentages of carbs proteins and sugar.If you find real Greek yogurt it's going to cost.

9 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I suppose you could strain it in a cheese cloth in the fridge overnight then you would have real Greek yogurt or hangop.

9 hours ago, Oxx said:

I'd suggest starting with a little less, then adding extra yoghurt until you get a dough with a good consistency.

Whilst Yolida yoghurt is good, I think it's a little on the thin side - certainly so compared with Greek style yoghurts.

Yolida 0% fat Greek 10% fat no contest.

http://www.farmersunionyogurt.com.au/products/

The Australian Greek Style....9.7% Fat

That Yolida yoghurt works fine for flatbread. I made some today.

The real problem here is the recipe in which the measurements in cups and grams simply dont match. Personally I just ignore any recipe that does not use grams exclusively as they rarely work properly. Cups are a stupid measurement at best.

Try this recipe: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-yogurt-flatbreads

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This is very good receipe.I usually use Greek yohurt

Edited by kevvy
  • Thanks 1