Three young women from Chaiyaphum store incinerated in horror smash

webfact

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

He left the gas station without paying attention to the traffic coming in front of and behind him;
the little car could not avoid this big vehicle that came out under his nose.

And how exactly, pray tell, do you know this ?? ....... do you have some information or access to CCTV that nobody else has seen ? 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Sounds a bit odd that a speeding car runs into the back of a truck.  Was he turning?  I guess he can't say his brakes failed in this instance.  Requires further investigation.

Agree, many unanswered questions here, time for TV desktop detectives to sharpen the pencil and get to work.

28 minutes ago, Pachalan said:

And how exactly, pray tell, do you know this ?? ....... do you have some information or access to CCTV that nobody else has seen ? 

Calm down, just another accusation that the truckdriver caused the accident, wait a few more hours and the TV desktop detectives will solve this case.

10 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Sounds a bit odd that a speeding car runs into the back of a truck.  Was he turning?  I guess he can't say his brakes failed in this instance.  Requires further investigation.

Yeah, driving within seeing or stopping comes into question here?

Or did the truck simply pull out in front of the car?. How fast were they going?  May God Bless their poor souls.

4 hours ago, justaphase said:

I see the thai visa investigation squad already have the driver to blame.

Its unlikely the gas station was on a twisty road. How can the ladies not see unless they weren't looking?

2:45 am it's more likely the ladies were going home from a night out. 

Horrible way to go and a dreadful shame.

The TV  investigation squad or desktop detectives are wrong in 99.9% of they'r cases, nothing to worry about.

20 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Sounds a bit odd that a speeding car runs into the back of a truck.  Was he tu

It’s possible I tagged the back of a tractor trailer on my moto

after a bit much at the bar (USA) I got lucky laid it left and right

And upright... after nearly shitting my pants got or next ramp stopped and probably prayed... It was scary and when look at 

it was incredibly stupid

13 hours ago, manicmike68 said:

No taillights or tail

If the drivers version is correct he was dead headed (empty)

back after dropping off load. 

Don’t know how strict Thailand is on commercial trucks safety

checks etc.

Noticed on tv news last night one of the pick up type trucks

blew a tire and rolled or drive into the ditch. The rear tire was 

blown and retreads. Wouldn’t think those would be safe in the hot weather. Retreads should be illegal on commercial vehicals carrying 

passengers

4 hours ago, DJ54 said:

If the drivers version is correct he was dead headed (empty)

back after dropping off load. 

Don’t know how strict Thailand is on commercial trucks safety

checks etc.

Noticed on tv news last night one of the pick up type trucks

blew a tire and rolled or drive into the ditch. The rear tire was 

blown and retreads. Wouldn’t think those would be safe in the hot weather. Retreads should be illegal on commercial vehicals carrying 

passengers

I/we all know from experience that trucks on Thai Roads and not just Thai roads, 75 logging trucks were put off the Rd in Northland NZ this week due to issues involving safety/ condition of vehicles and log book entries.

Thailand was to introduce log books about 2 years ago within a few months, where are they??.

Not blaming any one here, though I myself find it very difficult at night on LOS roads to see trucks as the road marking are sometimes non existent and the trucks have no, or poor rear lighting.

That can be the opposite, with them having lights all over them, in all sorts of colours.

My worst fear is passing them as they drift across the road quite often.

Then you get Thai drivers overtaking from the inside lane trying to beat you if you about to overtake from the right lane, this practice is rife.

The truck may have pulled out in front of them as they overtook , or they may have just not seen it and drove straight into it, we do not know, we all know that trucks are a nightmare as well as bikes and idiot fast drivers in smaller vehicles.

It scares me driving in LOS and I drive defensively all the time.

A truly sad  loss of life.

May they rest in peace. 

8 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

That can be the opposite, with them having lights all over them, in all sorts of colours.

Exact , and often a long bar of red led in front and of course an another long green led bar in the back .. They do it all and anyhow here and the police completely mistrust.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, PJPom said:

Was the car fitted with LPG ?, so many burn after an accident yet in Australia and most other countries auto shut off valves prevent gas escape.

I often wonder about the safety rules for gas fitting and wonder if they are applied by the fitters or checked by anyone.

Anyhow that’s another three added to the never ending list , so very sad.

In Australia Gas fitters have to be trained, tested and licensed, but apparently not in Thailand.

51 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

In Australia Gas fitters have to be trained, tested and licensed, but apparently not in Thailand.

Auto shut off valves will not work in a major accident.  If the tank is ruptured, gas leaks out - if there's a source of ignition, an explosion and a fire is inevitable. I would not have LPG in any vehicle under any circumstances. (Fully skilled auto technician - over 25 years experience)

On 3/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, happyaussie said:

No taillights or tail lights obscured by low hanging cane. 

Have to agree. I was far west of Samut Prakan just yesterday and passed several loaded cane trucks. Most had their tail lights completely obscured by overhanging cane. The other fact is that the trucks were travelling extremely slow, 40-50kph at most. Be careful out there folks.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, tlandtday said:

Perhaps my post is being misinterpreted by some members.  What I am saying is perhaps it was not the fault of the girls in the car.  Rather odd that someone looks into their mirror sees a speeding car behind and doesn't pull over?  I am suggesting perhaps the truck braked suddenly or was suddenly turning.  It is very small odds that a car simply speeds into the back of a truck.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No its not.

You think I'm wrong I think
I think you're right
I think I think you're wrong
You think I think I think
And then again again
And then and then
And then and then
Again again and then
And then again again
And then and then again