BANGKOK 23 April 2019 19:22
webfact

Three young women from Chaiyaphum store incinerated in horror smash

On 3/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, PJPom said:

Was the car fitted with LPG ?, so many burn after an accident yet in Australia and most other countries auto shut off valves prevent gas escape.

I often wonder about the safety rules for gas fitting and wonder if they are applied by the fitters or checked by anyone.

Anyhow that’s another three added to the never ending list , so very sad.

In Australia Gas fitters have to be trained, tested and licensed, but apparently not in Thailand.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

In Australia Gas fitters have to be trained, tested and licensed, but apparently not in Thailand.

Auto shut off valves will not work in a major accident.  If the tank is ruptured, gas leaks out - if there's a source of ignition, an explosion and a fire is inevitable. I would not have LPG in any vehicle under any circumstances. (Fully skilled auto technician - over 25 years experience)

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, happyaussie said:

No taillights or tail lights obscured by low hanging cane. 

Have to agree. I was far west of Samut Prakan just yesterday and passed several loaded cane trucks. Most had their tail lights completely obscured by overhanging cane. The other fact is that the trucks were travelling extremely slow, 40-50kph at most. Be careful out there folks.

• Like 1

Hmmm.... given that Thai drivers coming out from a side road/ gas station exit etc don’t bother to look to the left for oncoming traffic, this one isn’t hard to work out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

If the tank is ruptured, gas leaks out - if there's a source of ignition, an explosion and a fire is inevitable

Exactly the same with perol/gasoline..

On 3/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, tlandtday said:

Sounds a bit odd that a speeding car runs into the back of a truck.  Was he turning?  I guess he can't say his brakes failed in this instance.  Requires further investigation.

Perhaps my post is being misinterpreted by some members.  What I am saying is perhaps it was not the fault of the girls in the car.  Rather odd that someone looks into their mirror sees a speeding car behind and doesn't pull over?  I am suggesting perhaps the truck braked suddenly or was suddenly turning.  It is very small odds that a car simply speeds into the back of a truck.

Sad as it is, there is a fair chance they were busy updating their social media and not watching the road.

Badly lit trucks do pull out without looking on Thai roads at night, you need to keep your wits about you at all times.

RIP girls.

No tail lights you say. What a <deleted> joke reading all your comments.  3 girls 3am. Maybe it was their fault.  Drunk maybe. Sad loss tho

17 hours ago, johng said:

Exactly the same with perol/gasoline..

No its not.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No its not.

You think I'm wrong I think
I think you're right
I think I think you're wrong
You think I think I think
And then again again
And then and then
And then and then
Again again and then
And then again again
And then and then again
Again again again
And if not why not
If
And if not why why
Why not
And if not why not

The truck would not be speeding,maybe the mirage was.3 lives are lost.we will never know the truth either