Video: And the award for the messiest shop in Thailand goes to.....

webfact

Video: And the award for the messiest shop in Thailand goes to.....

mvi_7406.mp4.still001_1552987229.jpg

Pictures: Sanook

Sanook reported that a shop in northern Thailand that has been called the messiest and most disorganized store in Thailand is holding onto its title. 

The shop in question is the "Manuphanit" store near the Surasi five way intersection in downtown Phitsanuloke. 

A couple of years ago it gained the accolade and Sanook went back to see if things had improved. 

They hadn't. 

Owner of the odds and ends store Aree Kengphanit, 56, was still the only one who could tell you where something was. 

But not to worry - locals love the store that has been in operation for ten years. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-20

mvi_7430.mp4.still001_1552987233.jpg

mvi_7429.mp4.still002_1552987231.jpg

mvi_7429.mp4.still004_1552987232.jpg

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that a shop in northern Thailand that has been called the messiest and most disorganized store in Thailand is holding onto its title. 

And coming in a close 2nd is the local hardware shop...

GEO_3026.JPG

I have seen a few houses here that could compete, some never throw anything away. All our old rubbish HAS to be given to relatives who stack it up and shove it in cupboards, old tv's stereos, broken appliances, all useless.

2 minutes ago, Nobbie49 said:

Clearly they haven’t yet seen my wife’s storeroom aka our bedroom

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Do what I do, wait until they are away and sling a lot of stuff out, they never notice

2 minutes ago, Nobbie49 said:

Clearly they haven’t yet seen my wife’s storeroom aka our bedroom

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

When we moved the whole family to CM we bought a pretty nice 5 bed house full kitchen nice living room etc. 

We have a relative who runs a big business selling ready made mens' and womens' traditional Thai clothes, she lives in Sukothai and has a big shop at her house and she and hubby alternate at the Chiang Rai shop (also quite big).

We moved into our new house in CM, son and his wife very happy to have a real house, a real kitchen and living room, all nicely furnished, proper curtains etc. etc.

Soon we all came home and there's four big pick ups outside the house, maybe 60 big cardboard boxes of clothes were on the verandah, and 2 more pick ups arrive over laden with big boxes. Becomes apparent the relative had decided our house would be a nice central storage point between Sukothai and Chiang Rai. 

They didn't ask about it in advance, son and his wife said no, not even one box, some relatives have never forgiven them, they see houses as storage facilities, nothing more.

..and next week on the 'Thai Hoarders Show..'

There is a shop much much worse than this in Bangkok east side. Over several years I gradually started to see every inch of the floor space in front of the counter become covered in literally a foot deep of inventory that is walked over because there was absolutely no where else to put anything else. I'm guessing its already 2 foot deep by now.

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

When we moved the whole family to CM we bought a pretty nice 5 bed house full kitchen nice living room etc. 

We have a relative who runs a big business selling ready made mens' and womens' traditional Thai clothes, she lives in Sukothai and has a big shop at her house and she and hubby alternate at the Chiang Rai shop (also quite big).

We moved into our new house in CM, son and his wife very happy to have a real house, a real kitchen and living room, all nicely furnished, proper curtains etc. etc.

Soon we all came home and there's four big pick ups outside the house, maybe 60 big cardboard boxes of clothes were on the verandah, and 2 more pick ups arrive over laden with big boxes. Becomes apparent the relative had decided our house would be a nice central storage point between Sukothai and Chiang Rai. 

They didn't ask about it in advance, son and his wife said no, not even one box, some relatives have never forgiven them, they see houses as storage facilities, nothing more.

The funny thing about these kind of shops is that if you go in asking for something, the person will know exactly where it is. I went into a similar looking shop asking for a plunger (don't ask), and the lady pulled one put of a pile of rubbish in seconds.

It's like those crazy "remote control" shops in Bangkok. How on Earth they can amass so many remote controls is quite frankly ridiculous, but even more amazing is that if you show them a photo of a remote they can find one for you, and they cost buttons. Maybe they steal them from hotels, I don't know, but there must be a lot of TVs out there with no remote.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, scorecard said:

George Carlin had a routine about that... Stuff.????

17 hours ago, timendres said:

I love shops like these. I truly enjoy just wandering around and discovering what is there.

Until you step on a rusty piece of sharp metal and need to get jabs. In this case a scratch might be fatal, some of the stuff around the fans looks positively alien.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, Orton Rd said:

Do what I do, wait until they are away and sling a lot of stuff out, they never notice

My wife is away to Laos, running a marathon next week, I will be taking full advantage of the refuse collection service.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, Tonyt00 said:

And how do they even remember what the price is? When they die, it will still look the same.

In the small Canadian village where I attended secondary school there was an elderly Chinese who owned a shop/restaurant & pool hall.  I remember buying a pair of blue jeans (old stock) for $6.95 - in the larger centres the same jeans were selling for more than double that price. 

Archived