Australia cuts annual immigrant cap 15 percent, puts key cities off-limits to some

webfact

42 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

about 25% of them to regional/rural areas for 3 years

How are they going to keep them there?

Will they be allowed to visit the Gold Coast for their holidays?

Will they have to wear a star, or something on their clothing to identify themselves? Perhaps a little brown turd because that is how it sounds, letting people into your country but not letting them near the best parts...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, digger70 said:

Are you for real ,Ain't you one of them? If Australia wasn't Invaded there would be nothing for the Abbo's to claim and to Bludge from the government  they would be still living in the bush and eating Grubs .????

Oh really.  These Invaders are the lowest society produced, the aboriginals didn't necessarily want what you think is civilization, made of crimes, stealing and killing Innocents.  There is nothing to be proud of, you should be ashamed being a descendant of these trushy people.

2 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

New migrants will not be settled in existing cities. Rural areas will be designated...

Tell me, will these people be allowed on your beaches in Sydney? Will they need passbooks, to show they have permission to be in white areas? That is what they are...

Don't be silly, no-one is saying they will be restricted from going to the beach, city whatever. However, to monitor compliance to visa conditions - from the OP, as an example -  - Authorities will require proof of residential and work addresses in future applications for permanent residency, he added, as a way of enforcing the requirement.

Guess I've hijacked this topic, but I do see similarities between apartheid SA and current Australian government attitudes. Basically they are allowing fewer people in, and dictating where these people must live. Welcome to freedom.

Acting like a supreme leader, determining where people should live and not be allowed to live is a bit too supremacist like for my liking.

Australia was one of apartheid's strongest critics, but they are now enacting similar arrogant policies in order to preserve their white privileged domain.

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Don't be silly, no-one is saying they will be restricted from going to the beach, city whatever. However, to monitor compliance to visa conditions - from the OP, as an example -  - Authorities will require proof of residential and work addresses in future applications for permanent residency, he added, as a way of enforcing the requirement.

Straight out of Mao's little red book ????

1 minute ago, ParadiseLost said:

At least if they abide by visa conditions for 3/5 years they will eventually be granted full citizen rights in a very different manner to Thailand. In the meantime no 90 days reporting, re-applying every year, no tea money etc etc???? plus access to Medicare, "free" education...

6 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

There are already regionally sponsered migration visas to Australia with similar conditions. For the life of me, I can't see how this is any different. More, an existing policy dressed up for the NSW elections this weekend, where the state government might actually get booted.

5 minutes ago, samran said:

There are already regionally sponsered migration visas to Australia with similar conditions. For the life of me, I can't see how this is any different. More, an existing policy dressed up for the NSW elections this weekend, where the state government might actually get booted.

True. But related to Fed new migration numbers CAP. Lots of moaning about quality of life in MLB & SYD due to insufficient infrastructure which IMO is the real issue - gov complacency

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

At least if they abide by visa conditions for 3/5 years they will eventually be granted full citizen rights

My daughter has been waiting 13 years - it has cost her in excess of 50,000 AUD. Two 'agents' screwed up her status, Australian Immigration messed up once and every time she has to start again and pay, again with no recourse. You can appeal, but it costs 9,000 AUD... The Ombudsman is there just for show!

Its not just her story, there are many more.

How come a Bahranian footballer can get citizenship in a few weeks?

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Except they won't. There are not enough jobs now, and in the future there will be even less due to the rapidly expanding automation of jobs.

In the past things like biscuits were packed by hand- how many people are packing biscuits now?

All that will happen is that there will be even more old people to be supported by less money than now.

If some jobs have to be filled by overseas workers, it should be on the basis of guest worker. Arrive, do the job, when job ends, or retire- go home. That's how I was employed in Saudi. The Saudis ain't stupid.

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Do you think they will reduce the fees accordingly? I sure as shit would not want to pay the same money to live in Broken Hill, as I would Sydney!

3 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

My daughter has been waiting 13 years - it has cost her in excess of 50,000 AUD. Two 'agents' screwed up her status, Australian Immigration messed up once and every time she has to start again and pay, again with no recourse. You can appeal, but it costs 9,000 AUD... The Ombudsman is there just for show!

It’s not restricted to Bahranian footballers, it’s open to all international level athletes...

I’d just like to be able to get my bloody wife here... ????

16 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

It’s not restricted to Bahranian footballers, it’s open to all international level athletes...

I’d just like to be able to get my bloody wife here... ????

Yes, that international level football mecca known as Bahrain.

I can understand giving a person PR, but handing out citizenship - here we go with the 'supreme leader' notion again...

4 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

He didn’t get it in ‘a few weeks’. He was three months off being eligible for it when he was arrested and was due to get it now anyway. 

He came to Australia as a recognized refugee became a PR off the back of that and served his 5 years as a PR. 

9 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Waiting offshore or onshore? When I enquired about sponsoring my daughter (UK citizen) with Immi some years back, was told cannot unless she states she is no longer in a relationship with her UK based mother. I was shocked...I understand family reunion visas now have a waiting time of 20+ years.

The Bahrani guy is irrelevant to your situation.

19 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

His application had already been lodged and he had already passed the necessary tests.

21 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

How are they going to keep them there?

Will they be allowed to visit the Gold Coast for their holidays?

Will they have to wear a star, or something on their clothing to identify themselves? Perhaps a little brown turd because that is how it sounds, letting people into your country but not letting them near the best parts...

I guess it will be checked where their residential addresses are listed, of course there will be freedom of movement.

Mo worse than 90 day reporting in Thailand

17 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Do you think they will reduce the fees accordingly? I sure as shit would not want to pay the same money to live in Broken Hill, as I would Sydney!

Australia reduce the fees, what parallel universe are you residing in??

19 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Two 'agents' screwed up her status,

Right, so you sued the agents for negligence under their mandatory indemnity insurance and you also lodged official complaints with the registration board to have them struck off

16 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Yes, that international level football mecca known as Bahrain.

I can understand giving a person PR, but handing out citizenship - here we go with the 'supreme leader' notion again...

Check the FACTS and EVIDENCE behind his application instead of making more uninformed puerile statements

18 hours ago, samran said:

He didn’t get it in ‘a few weeks’. He was three months off being eligible for it when he was arrested and was due to get it now anyway. 

He came to Australia as a recognized refugee became a PR off the back of that and served his 5 years as a PR. 

Of course I am guilty as charged, saw the photos and read some comments about the convenient timing... Well done to him.

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Right, so you sued the agents for negligence under their mandatory indemnity insurance and you also lodged official complaints with the registration board to have them struck off

Well, not quite as the agent blamed AU Immigration and immigration ignores your complaint only offering an appeal which you have little to no chance of winning and costs a fortune.

This (involves job categories and titles) happened twice, complaints were filed and she was contacted by a few people but nothing changed - the first thing she was informed actually was there was no chance of a refund, and only in extreme circumstances would they reconsider the decision. Great.

The last straw was in 2018, she finally thought she could apply for citizenship after three years PR but was informed there was ONE DAY she was not 'legal' in the country - when they changed her visa status there was a gap somehow - immigration at fault but sorry - appeal for $9k or lose this fee and come back end 2019. when we will look for some other reason to screw you around... All over one day.

I find Thailand immigration a breeze compared to this lot.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, car720 said:

nobody is even mentioning the fact that there are no jobs for citizens let alone anyone else and that is in the cities.  In the bush it is worse.  Where is the common sense.  They are not allowed to get the dole for four years.

What you assert is just a creation of your mind and far from being a fact.  It's actually the opposite.  You need to do homework before making such statement

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-economy-job-vacancies-abs-2019-1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, ParadiseLost said:

New migrants will not be settled in existing cities. Rural areas will be designated...

Tell me, will these people be allowed on your beaches in Sydney? Will they need passbooks, to show they have permission to be in white areas? That is what they are...

Only in your imagination.

They will be required to live and work outside the big cities, but on their holidays they will be able to visit Sydney just like any other Australian or tourist.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, Petchou said:

Oh really.  These Invaders are the lowest society produced, the aboriginals didn't necessarily want what you think is civilization, made of crimes, stealing and killing Innocents.  There is nothing to be proud of, you should be ashamed being a descendant of these trushy people.

That's it, we'll all pack up our possessions and move back to old blighty. You've guilted me into it. Not sure how the original inhabitants will survive without their "sit down" money though.

Archived