Max front break

Badrabbit

On 3/20/2019 at 7:55 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

20k THB seems expensive even if you were to actually replace physically broken master cylinder (thing on the handlebar), brake disc (round thing at the wheel), and brake caliper (thing that goes around the brake disc).

Unless there are phsical cracks in the parts or you physically hit something at force to break the parts, you will usually put a seal kit in the master cyclinder and the caliper. The brake dic can be machined if warped or replaced if bent or undersized.

ABS has bracketry and sensors. If the electronics fail on the ABS, the probably will just not work under brake lock conditions.

I'd be getting a second opinion. Or better still, post up the written quote here so we can see what the mechanic intends to do.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, Badrabbit said:

Awesome and where do you think all this will be done in a 4th world country where hitting the tire with a big spanner indicates a good tire pressure?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Unless you DIY, almost anywhere.

2 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

So you have actually investigated and checked the service centres have you? What was the outcome of this intensive audit? Just because you have had bad experiences in your region, does not mean that to be the case in all areas.

If you are going to attempt to undermine my posts, can you please at least use a little tact and forethought. Try to counter my statements with actual fact as opposed to generalistic, sweeping claims.

1. I find the prices fair and reasonable. Examples of this are things like brake pad replacement, cynrifical clutch repairs as well as electrical / CDI fault diagnostics. In watching them problems solve the electrical issues at two locations, I was impressed with the way they attacked the issue and the speed in finding the faults. That requires training.

2. Not my experience at all in the 5 or so service centres I have visited to help friends with their scooters. I had already diagnosed the issues on 3 of the cases and the service centres were spot on in assessing and identifying the issue on all occasions

3. You base this on what? How could you possibly know this? I find it very hard to believe that Honda AP or their equivalents would be allowed to trade under company monikers of the Japanese parent company if there was "non existent' training. But if you have any proof of this no training - and by that I mean real proof and not just your hearsay - it would be interesting to see it.

I'm a barrel of laughs, I'm just not the kind to scrape the bottom of the barrel for my humour. I just find it worrying when people use wild generalised statements and try to pass them off as fact. Just because they try to shout the loudest does not make them right.

Not been long here have you?

Do you speak the lingo?

Lets just get to a quick instance of my point (2) above.

I helped a lady friend by a S/H Toyota Hilux.

It had a couple of issues which were fixed under warranty (yes does happen here with S/H vehicles) and i did a couple of jobs myself. My wife told her to always call me for advice with any problems.

Whilst we were away on a holiday, she got a small split in her sump, could'nt get hold of me, this being her first car, she went straight to Toyota.

WHO CHARGED HER 12000 BAHT for a replacement sump!!! On a 10 y/o vehicle! I went doolally.

Took her to my favourite mechanic who was equally shocked and told her 500 baht to remove and weld/repair or 1000 baht for a S/H one with 500 baht for labour & a new gasket.

A difference of over 10,000 Baht.

Hence my point about wrong & expensive advice...

2 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

3. You base this on what? How could you possibly know this? I find it very hard to believe that Honda AP or their equivalents would be allowed to trade under company monikers of the Japanese parent company if there was "non existent' training.

Again, i refer you to my above points - you have'nt been here long have you and you don't speak fluent tech Thai?

I have, on both counts.

Most (not all, but most) authorized genuine scooter/moped shops know NOTHING other than change oil and adjust chains.

I would not let them work on my bicycle, let alone my kid's motorcycles.

And instead of have a nice day, i'll add GFY.

Archived