BANGKOK 26 April 2019 16:46
Jingthing

Combo method enforcement under the new rules specific office monitoring topic

Posted (edited)

I, along with many others, have been WARNING people to NOT rely on the combination method for retirement extensions going forward.

Not to gloat because I would have strongly preferred to be wrong, but it appears these warnings had merit.

The purpose of this thread is to actually MONITOR information and reports about acceptance of combo method applications at the various offices all around Thailand. Keep in mind that some people attempting combo method applications will be able to get embassy letters and some will not. 

If your office IS accepting combo method applications please specify about having the letter or not and the specific rules for the bank portion of combination.

I will add, even if you are hearing encouraging reports about your specific office, under the current historically shifting situation with retirement extension rules and enforcement here, I would STILL suggest switching to a full bank account 800K if you still have time and can manage that. The full 800K applications are clearly the safest option for those that can't show 65K monthly transfers going back a full year. Combo people by definition do not have as much as 65K in income. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

JOMTIEN office of CHONBURI immigration --

I have heard from credible sources multiple reports that Jomtien is telling people they will not accept any combination applications -- PERIOD.

If you are preparing for a future combo application at Jomtien, you should visit yourself to confirm this and/or prepare for an 800K baht application or whatever you may need to do based on your timing and circumstances (including planning to exit Thailand).

Related troubling report but I am also hearing reports that Jomtien will not accept any full income applications (65K monthly) unless you can show a record going back a full 12 months. They are not following the suggestion for "leniency" on that matter as the policy is new.

Jomtien of course is among the most high volume offices in Thailand for retirement extensions.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

sitting in his airport limo?

It's in Naklua!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I am not surprised, given the vague and confusing wording of the police order, that some offices are refusing to accept combo method. Nobody is sure how it is supposed to be implemented with respect to the bank portion and differing interpretations abound.

Very typical government official response to this sort of uncertainty: avoid doing anything for fear of being wrong.

I suspect this, more than the time involved, is the main factor.

Well, it could be a "combination" of the two reasons, and others. 

I'm sure not every expat reads forums religiously, and good on them if they don't, but I do think it's fair to say that there have been a number of members (including you) that have been basically warning people for months aleady NOT to reply on combination method applications, and suggesting that at least for now, you'd be wise to go with the 800K method. 

So for people that have read forums, you had already been warned. So nobody that has been following this sheit storm fallout from the historically major immigration changes really should be surprised. But I get it, not everyone follows these things closely. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Chaeng wattana accepted combo before deadline, with embassy letter ( British dated Dicember)

• Thanks 1

Some off topic inflammatory posts and replies to them have been removed. A repeat of them will result in formal warning.

28 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

Chaeng wattana accepted combo before deadline, with embassy letter ( British dated Dicember)

What are they saying re spending of the bank portion?