Vientian appointments are full completely !

I am shocked to see that for almost 3 weeks in advance their schedule is full.

Not only that, people actually book everything on Mondays-Wednesday and leave only Fridays free

(so you wait the whole weekend).

Is this system getting updated ?

Is there any way to pay and get it earlier ?

We are going to need to stay there for a week because Thai visa finishes 6 days before the open slot.

wow.

2 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Is there any way to pay and get it earlier ?

Possibly, but this would involve fixers who are gaming the system, and I would not recommend using them. It could lead to real problems.

3 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

We are going to need to stay there for a week because Thai visa finishes 6 days before the open slot.

Is there a reason you cannot use a different consulate?

I would pay any agency if its legal, not sure what fixers are but account must be under your own name and passport so not sure exactly how it can be done.

School said "we advice you SERIOUSLY to do that in Laos and come back by border if you don't want problems" - also application is already set to Laos with the documents.

Again, willing to pay, because we must leave thailand at date x, and next meeting is at Friday that week, that means finish at x+6 days.

Edited by Rob4

22 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I am thinking out loud here...is it possible that the visa service companies have booked most of the slots to force people to use their service?

It may be worth looking into!

How can I use their service? you must book with your passport, email, account, etc.

41 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

CAN NOT. Please read. Documents are signed to Vientian, and also the only safe place for us.

Please read what? You clearly wrote "'we advice you SERIOUSLY to do that in Laos and come back by border if you don't want problems' - also application is already set to Laos"

Savannakhet is in Laos.

Booked it anyway although not sure we will go yet. We need a day or 2 earlier, since nothing to do in this s* hole for 6 days.

Did not get any confirmation email with a queue number, as my girlfriend got it within a minute.

Not sure why - but have a bad feeling because nothing is working with this visa thing lately.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jackdd said:

At the end of your current stay you can apply for an extension (and pay 1900THB), and if you don't qualify for any you will get 7 days to leave the country.

already applied, got 30 days, my gf got only 7 so we must leave.

No more extension possible right ?

Just now, Rob4 said:

already applied, got 30 days, my gf got only 7 so we must leave.

No more extension possible right ?

If you would apply for an extension when your current one ends you would get 7 days to leave the country.

I think the 7 days to leave the country is a one time thing (per permission to stay), so your gf can't get a second one

3 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Booked it anyway although not sure we will go yet. We need a day or 2 earlier, since nothing to do in this s* hole for 6 days.

You could kill a few days in Luang Prabang. It is not as quiet and scenic as it used to be, but still worth a visit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Myran said:

Please read what? You clearly wrote "'we advice you SERIOUSLY to do that in Laos and come back by border if you don't want problems' - also application is already set to Laos"

Savannakhet is in Laos.

Savannakhet requires that the letter to request the ED visa is addressed to the consulate in Savannakhet, specifically. You cannot just show up there with paperwork for Vientiane.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Puchaiyank said:

I am thinking out loud here...is it possible that the visa service companies have booked most of the slots to force people to use their service?

as the owner of one of these visa run companies I can confirm NO, it is not us, once a booking is done you can not change, move or even cancel it. Go check it out. I posted it many time here and Embassy is aware that they have a problem and are trying to fix it. It is my understanding that the Laotian guys in front of Embassy selling a queue for THB5000. But please do not point the finger at the visa run companies, we suffer too. 

23 hours ago, Rob4 said:

"application is already set to Laos

Means Vientian.

No, it needs to be addressed to Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet/Laos. BTW, documents for Vientiane should be addressed to Royal Thai Embassy Vientiane/Laos, Attn.: Consular Section.

22 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Did not get any confirmation email with a queue number, as my girlfriend got it within a minute.

Not sure why - but have a bad feeling because nothing is working with this visa thing lately.

read the Term ans Condition , they state that depending on server or service used it might take a little longer, we noted that Gmail delays up to 6 hours. Outlook or aol or yandex is fast, but sometimes the Embassy staff considers these mails account as spam and through you out of system, happened today to one of our customer, even with a confirm and reconfirmed mail and queue number. 

I geuss you know from the day you come ,or from the day your visa starts , that you know when it ends en you have to go and make a new one. so why is everybody waiting untill the last two weeks ,while knowing the cue is full .can't you book a month or even two before ?????

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

I geuss you know from the day you come ,or from the day your visa starts , that you know when it ends en you have to go and make a new one. so why is everybody waiting untill the last two weeks ,while knowing the cue is full .can't you book a month or even two before ?????

it's a new requirement, and they allow to book 3-4 weeks in advance only,  just now system is down again....

I have heard that the visa people outside of consulate (not government) are booking the slots in advance and using a temp email and pp number  then they sell them to us in front of embassy after editing the info .... i have not tried this ... but i can see how it would work 

anyone out there want to try ???

2 hours ago, visarunner said:

read the Term ans Condition , they state that depending on server or service used it might take a little longer, we noted that Gmail delays up to 6 hours. Outlook or aol or yandex is fast, but sometimes the Embassy staff considers these mails account as spam and through you out of system, happened today to one of our customer, even with a confirm and reconfirmed mail and queue number. 

I always make a copy of the confirmed appt  from the web page .. it has most of the info .. less the last confirm .. at least you will have some paprework   control + P

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Fail to plan.... Plan to fail comes to mind

On 3/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Even if that were the case what could a falang do about it and survive?

2 hours ago, visarunner said:

as the owner of one of these visa run companies I can confirm NO, it is not us, once a booking is done you can not change, move or even cancel it. Go check it out. I posted it many time here and Embassy is aware that they have a problem and are trying to fix it. It is my understanding that the Laotian guys in front of Embassy selling a queue for THB5000. But please do not point the finger at the visa run companies, we suffer too. 

Wow that's crazy! How can a bunch of people mess with an Embassy? 

18 minutes ago, Dnyy said:

Wow that's crazy! How can a bunch of people mess with an Embassy? 

Money...

Outside the PP embassy in Cambodia the 'security guard' used to offer an 'express service' for $20 - his contact inside would most likely give him a fiver or something for each one he brought in. Good service too.

Edited by ParadiseLost

On 3/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, Tayaout said:

2 weeks ago they were selling the queue number at the front. It might have changed might have not. 

Really ?

I don't see how it's possible since they have a listing of all the appointments booked with names and passport numbers ...?
And it's triple checked.

(I was there about 10 days ago).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Really ?

I don't see how it's possible since they have a listing of all the appointments booked with names and passport numbers ...?
And it's triple checked.

(I was there about 10 days ago).

Yes, well known. Did you buy a ticket? Sorry forgot. Think you had setv after refused DM. Anyway, unless someone can report having used an agent and purchased ticket #, and had success, its bit useless info

Edited by DrJack54
Error

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, well known. Did you buy a ticket? Sorry forgot. Think you had setv after refused DM. Anyway, unless someone can report having used an agent and purchased ticket #, and had success, its bit useless info

I had success.  They refused me at DM with a SETV but unrelated with the queue ticket. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1