BANGKOK 18 April 2019 23:55
Rob4

Vientian appointments are full completely !

I am shocked to see that for almost 3 weeks in advance their schedule is full.

Not only that, people actually book everything on Mondays-Wednesday and leave only Fridays free

(so you wait the whole weekend).

Is this system getting updated ?

Is there any way to pay and get it earlier ?

We are going to need to stay there for a week because Thai visa finishes 6 days before the open slot.

wow.

2 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Is there any way to pay and get it earlier ?

Possibly, but this would involve fixers who are gaming the system, and I would not recommend using them. It could lead to real problems.

3 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

We are going to need to stay there for a week because Thai visa finishes 6 days before the open slot.

Is there a reason you cannot use a different consulate?

Posted (edited)

I would pay any agency if its legal, not sure what fixers are but account must be under your own name and passport so not sure exactly how it can be done.

School said "we advice you SERIOUSLY to do that in Laos and come back by border if you don't want problems" - also application is already set to Laos with the documents.

Again, willing to pay, because we must leave thailand at date x, and next meeting is at Friday that week, that means finish at x+6 days.

Edited by Rob4

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Savannakhet

CAN NOT. Please read. Documents are signed to Vientian, and also the only safe place for us.

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I am thinking out loud here...is it possible that the visa service companies have booked most of the slots to force people to use their service?

It may be worth looking into!

How can I use their service? you must book with your passport, email, account, etc.

41 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

CAN NOT. Please read. Documents are signed to Vientian, and also the only safe place for us.

Please read what? You clearly wrote "'we advice you SERIOUSLY to do that in Laos and come back by border if you don't want problems' - also application is already set to Laos"

Savannakhet is in Laos.

"application is already set to Laos

Means Vientian.

Booked it anyway although not sure we will go yet. We need a day or 2 earlier, since nothing to do in this s* hole for 6 days.

Did not get any confirmation email with a queue number, as my girlfriend got it within a minute.

Not sure why - but have a bad feeling because nothing is working with this visa thing lately.

• Haha 1

2 weeks ago they were selling the queue number at the front. It might have changed might have not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the end of your current stay you can apply for an extension (and pay 1900THB), and if you don't qualify for any you will get 7 days to leave the country.

37 minutes ago, jackdd said:

At the end of your current stay you can apply for an extension (and pay 1900THB), and if you don't qualify for any you will get 7 days to leave the country.

already applied, got 30 days, my gf got only 7 so we must leave.

No more extension possible right ?

Just now, Rob4 said:

already applied, got 30 days, my gf got only 7 so we must leave.

No more extension possible right ?

If you would apply for an extension when your current one ends you would get 7 days to leave the country.

I think the 7 days to leave the country is a one time thing (per permission to stay), so your gf can't get a second one

3 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Booked it anyway although not sure we will go yet. We need a day or 2 earlier, since nothing to do in this s* hole for 6 days.

You could kill a few days in Luang Prabang. It is not as quiet and scenic as it used to be, but still worth a visit.

• Like 1