Vientian appointments are full completely !

Last time in Vientiane I had ticket no 514 (and not the last). About 100 of the slots were groups.

If they now limit to 250; then something has to give.

As for the services' at the gate. I've used them and they did the biz. Same day collect. No problem.

58 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I won't tell how they get the ticket but it's pretty obvious if you take 2s to think about it. The ticket are legit and you need to provide a picture or copy of your passport. 

And how long in advance did you get the ticket ? Same day ?
How much did you pay for it ?

The only thing i can think of, if them reissuing the last minute cancelled appointments.

Which is what they did for me after they realized that my queue number #3 was issued by mistake at 20 different persons that day.

And anyway even if what you say is true, they would have a very limited amount of tickets / day, that wouldn't be a reliable way.

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

Money...

Outside the PP embassy in Cambodia the 'security guard' used to offer an 'express service' for $20 - his contact inside would most likely give him a fiver or something for each one he brought in. Good service too.

20$ "express fee" sounds reasonable and in this regard any fixer is, because you can choose (you can still choose though, take it or go home...) at your own risk but 5,000 THB to just being able to enter is ridiculous.

Edited by Dnyy

24 minutes ago, Dnyy said:

20$ "express fee" sounds reasonable and in this regard any fixer is, because you can choose (you can still choose though, take it or go home...) at your own risk but 5,000 THB to just being able to enter is ridiculous.

I can imagine that it might work though, considering the alternatives. If you cannot get an appointment anytime soon, you're either stuck in Vientiane for weeks or need to head to another embassy/consulate. That's not really cheap either, and very inconvenient on top..

We did not wait till last moment.

We extended our 30 days. I got 30 more but my gf - they decided she get 7 more.

and suddenly we must leave Thailand, pay A LOT to get our ED papers here earlier, and wait a week in Laos because there was no slot for us. (What you do in this hole for a WEEK !!!!!! )

Thailand starts to be not that worthy, especially for educated people who can go anywhere. I am with a gf that can’t go anywhere (Asian) so have problem.

3 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

We did not wait till last moment.

We extended our 30 days. I got 30 more but my gf - they decided she get 7 more.

and suddenly we must leave Thailand, pay A LOT to get our ED papers here earlier, and wait a week in Laos because there was no slot for us. (What you do in this hole for a WEEK !!!!!! )

Thailand starts to be not that worthy, especially for educated people who can go anywhere. I am with a gf that can’t go anywhere (Asian) so have problem.

In the whole week you are waiting, you should be researching for a place where you and your girlfriend are welcome, and keep it as your Plan B. 

Edited by Thailand Outcast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thailand Outcast said:

In the whole week you are waiting, you should be researching for a place where you and your girlfriend are welcome, and keep it as your Plan B. 

There is no place like that for Asians outside of Asia ????

The plan is to get a real serious startup visa for a European country, which may take time.

If you have any advice... 

Wouldn't bother me as I usually went on Friday for application and picked up on Monday. I usually made it a two week bike ride to get over to Vientiane. If the Thai visa rules are that stupid, I have no problems to spend my money in another country. My biggest headache is that most borders closed for bikes. That's why my recent trips went to Cambodia.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:02 PM, Pepper9187 said:

And how long in advance did you get the ticket ? Same day ?
How much did you pay for it ?

The only thing i can think of, if them reissuing the last minute cancelled appointments.

Which is what they did for me after they realized that my queue number #3 was issued by mistake at 20 different persons that day.

And anyway even if what you say is true, they would have a very limited amount of tickets / day, that wouldn't be a reliable way.

12h in advance. 1500 baht probably negociable. I would not count on this method as "reliable", however I would not count on the consulate to find a way to stop this reliably. I tried to do it the right way but more than 1 week in advance is too late for their new system.

Edited by Tayaout

35 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Wait , what’s the chance for same day collect? I have an appointment but I want to collect same day, can I pay for that?

because it’s Friday and on Monday it’s a holiday I think .

You cannot pay to get it the same day at the consular section. But you might find some tauts or agents that will claim the can get it done on the same day.

Since Monday appears to be a holiday not shown on their calendar or holiday list the may do them on Friday.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot pay to get it the same day at the consular section. But you might find some tauts or agents that will claim the can get it done on the same day.

Since Monday appears to be a holiday not shown on their calendar or holiday list the may do them on Friday.

Thank you !

One last question because we are REALLY nervous about it all.

We are coming with all ED docs given by the school.

School says never got rejection from Laos (but a few from Vietnam).

What might be a reason for rejection for us ? is there anything we can do (or a document to bring) to reduce that ?

(my gf is from Vietnam)

6 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

What might be a reason for rejection for us ?

None that I can think of other than something not correct on the documents supplied by the school.

Not much you can do than wait to see what happens.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 5:44 AM, Tayaout said:

12h in advance. 1500 baht probably negociable. I would not count on this method as "reliable", however I would not count on the consulate to find a way to stop this reliably. I tried to do it the right way but more than 1 week in advance is too late for their new system.

Interesting !

What ticket number did you have ? Was it like 500+ which would mean that they keep some "last tickets" available for the black market.

Or was it a mid range number ? Which would mean they sell the last minute cancelled appointments.

3 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Interesting !

What ticket number did you have ? Was it like 500+ which would mean that they keep some "last tickets" available for the black market.

Or was it a mid range number ? Which would mean they sell the last minute cancelled appointments.

Between 400-500.