Marriage Extension Korat

Just done my application for an extension based on marriage at Korat Immigration.  Was previously on a Retirement but decided to change due to the new rules.   This is what i needed:

1.  ONE completed TM7 - 2 pictures.

2.  Proof of funds.  400K for 2 months.  Bank Letter + Bank Book. The bank letter must be dated the SAME DAY AS THE APPLICATION.

3.  Photos of me and Wife around the house.  They only kept 3.  One with us outside clearly showing the House Number and 2 inside the house.  If possible try to include a chiwawa in the pictures - it make them smile.

4.  Marriage certificate and updated Kor Ror 2

5.  Wifes ID and House Book

6  My Drivers Licence

7.  Map to my residence.  They replaced my hand drawn masterpiece with a google maps version and gave me a copy to use next time.

8. My passport and departure card

9. 2 witnesses.  Only required for fist application so won't (shouldn't) need next year

General impressions.  Very straightforward.  Officer I had was younger, had a checklist and stuck to it.  The requirement to have the bank letter dated that day is new and a pain as it means I can't get to the office until 10.30, basically the busiest time.  I was also told that I couldn't take my balance below 400K while the application was under consideration.  I asked if I would need another bank letter and was told that it was not necessary?  Was charged an extra 50 or 60 baht for photocopying.  I think they just copy the whole package and attach the extra picture.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

When I went to the Korat government building today to find nobody understood Kor Ror Song (2)

called a friend and he said to use Kor Ror Sam (3) then the lights went on and everybody understood. So I would suggest using the 3 and not the 2. Good luck.

50 minutes ago, Mansell said:

When I went to the Korat government building today to find nobody understood Kor Ror Song (2)

called a friend and he said to use Kor Ror Sam (3) then the lights went on and everybody understood. So I would suggest using the 3 and not the 2. Good luck.

You need both of them.

Just to show how different IM offices have different rules.

Just got back from Hua Hin immigration after my extension application was rejected. This was my 5th extension. Several reasons:

Need to bring my witness with me. Not enough with a copy of his ID, and Tabien Baan. Oddly enough,  there were 2 other couples applying for married extensions there, and they didn't bring their witnesses but had their applications accepted. I had a witness attending and interrogated on my first application.

Printed copy of our marriage certificate was slightly larger than the original (accepted 4 times before).

On the house pictures, they now need to see the roof (!?). And what if I was staying in a 45 story condo? Wonder if they'll complain about the roof color next time.

The woman IO was rude and refused to speak English. Was using a very bad language and speaking only to my wife. 

On the other hand, she said that the bank letter was valid for one week. Need to update the bankbook only on the application day.

All in all, I had only one hassle free application in this office, and the papers are the same every time, except for pictures of course.

There are two women attending the front desk in this office, and they are both Bit.... I have 2.5 hour trip each way to visit Immigration, big hassle for me. What a banana republic this is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

What a banana republic this is.

With regard to immigration, yes.  Even the Philippines - hardly the most developed country in the region - outlawed 'fixers', some years ago. 

I guess the folks running things simply have no national-pride or self-respect, given they let this crew carry on with their 3rd-World-ish shenanigans.