Refused visa for thai GF. 2nd attempt help

20 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

theirs normally a bit more the the refusal then they print.

That's not true at all. If the OP addresses the problems in the refusal letter the visa will be granted.

Two issues. 

1. The employer didn’t answer the phone and confirm either the salary or the employment.

2. The bank statements were in Thai but those statements need to show and confirm the salary.

My wife was in the same situation back in 2015. Working in an hotel and paid in cash. She didn’t supply bank statements at all. Merely explained that she was paid in cash each month and as soon as she got her money she paid her rent, sent a chunk home and lived from day to day.

The OP's GF needs to bank her money each month showing her salary goung in and out of the account. Also she needs to supply the hotel boss's mobile.

25K baht sounds like a lot for a hotel job. Is she fairly high up? 

19 hours ago, backinsept said:

Thank you for all the responses.
I can tackle the employment and bank statement issue. But i feel it's a losing battle on the return to Thailand front. Other than prove that i have a strong and legitimate relationship with her. There is nothing more i can do. I stated that we are looking to get married soon (already put a ring on it) and wanted to show her my country and family. Thought that was pretty honest. Or has that worked against me? Thought the reviewer would see she wouldn't jeopardise our future to do a runner.

I've already included itinerary for trips to singapore, phuket, chiang mai.

Thought I got lucky to find a thai girl aged 29 with no kids, no debts, no problems. My word, how that has worked against me.

Don't be too downbeat. From my own experience I would say you have a very good chance of getting the visa if you properly address the employment and bank statement issues. FWIW, I know several people who have been denied a visa on the first attempt, including my girlfriend. We addressed the issue for being declined (not enough evidence of a relationship) and she has since visited the UK 3 times. We also used the "do not wish to jeopardise future applications" as a reason for returning, since that was the truth. Good luck! 

21 hours ago, backinsept said:

Thank you for all the responses.
I can tackle the employment and bank statement issue. But i feel it's a losing battle on the return to Thailand front. Other than prove that i have a strong and legitimate relationship with her. There is nothing more i can do. I stated that we are looking to get married soon (already put a ring on it) and wanted to show her my country and family. Thought that was pretty honest. Or has that worked against me? Thought the reviewer would see she wouldn't jeopardise our future to do a runner.

I've already included itinerary for trips to singapore, phuket, chiang mai.

Thought I got lucky to find a thai girl aged 29 with no kids, no debts, no problems. My word, how that has worked against me.

In the absence of your GF owning land, see if she can get a letter of reference from her village Poo Yai Ban stating that he has known her for X number of years, she and her family are of good standing and he has no doubt that she will return ...

If you are sponsoring you are complicating it by using her financials. Just another thing for an ECO to pick holes in.

Evidence the relationship 

Evidence YOUR financial adequacy.

Evidence (as best you can) her reasons to return by employers letter and PYB reference.

9 hours ago, rasg said:

That's not true at all. If the OP addresses the problems in the refusal letter the visa will be granted.

Two issues. 

1. The employer didn’t answer the phone and confirm either the salary or the employment.

2. The bank statements were in Thai but those statements need to show and confirm the salary.

My wife was in the same situation back in 2015. Working in an hotel and paid in cash. She didn’t supply bank statements at all. Merely explained that she was paid in cash each month and as soon as she got her money she paid her rent, sent a chunk home and lived from day to day.

The OP's GF needs to bank her money each month showing her salary goung in and out of the account. Also she needs to supply the hotel boss's mobile.

25K baht sounds like a lot for a hotel job. Is she fairly high up? 

OK sounds to you like hes got no problems and should be looking to get flights soon.

Not at all. UKVI specifically advise that you don't buy tickets until a visa has been granted.

The problem was the existing bank statements that were supplied in Thai. It's also interesting that the ECO has assumed that the bank statements are the applicants and the money going in each month doesn't match the applicants quoted salary in the rest of the application.

That could be a hurdle to overcome but without knowing the figures in the bank statements it's difficult to advise the op on that side of things.

And you can't now not supply them. The genie is out of the bottle.

Unfortunately there are people who making approval process more difficult.

Province/area has a rash of runners? Puts the clamps down on others.

Do the officers get reprimanded if someone they approved forcing them to scrutinize?

Example of you never now some get a visa a turned away when they arrive . A friend of mine US and wife Chinese visited the US 

4-5 times no overstays or issues. Flew into a different city than prior visits (Cheap fare) landed picked uo bags Immigration. Put on

the next flight back Immigration Officer denied access.

Hope it works out for you. 

Archived