Why do my laptop and mobile phone show different times ?

Speedo1968

19 hours ago, johng said:

I suspect your laptop isn't configured to update its clock via a NTP (network time protocol) server so is relying on its built in clock which although quite accurate is no match for an atomic clock.

Thanks for the reply johng.

How do I go about resetting my laptop clock

2 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Whoa. Eerie. Good start for a movie. Titled "Time Interruptions"

I love time travel and scifi movies.

Waiting for Dirk Gently tv show to restart.

I used this link as suggested - even more "Eerie", it's showing one hour ahead of Thai time ( I am logged in to a Singapore VPN 13.30 ), so why does my laptop show one hour behind - 12.30 ?

Glad I don't live in Russia !

https://time.is/

Just now, Speedo1968 said:

I used this link as suggested - even more "Eerie", it's showing one hour ahead of Thai time ( I am logged in to a Singapore VPN 13.30 ), so why does my laptop show one hour behind - 12.30 ?

Glad I don't live in Russia !

https://time.is/

Because that is the time in Singapore based on your ip - your laptop knows you are in Thailand - if minute is same as your computer it is your phone that is wrong and it probably has a setting to adjust time to network that is not activated.

I always setup time option to manual and enter myself also with location. 

On phones usually in the first setup menu, date and time.

On computer I right click on time in bottom right of screen for pop up menu and go from there.

Scan the screen for manual option or untick use network values.

13 minutes ago, stud858 said:

time option to manual and enter myself

You like having your PC and phone showing the wrong time ?     if you change from network time to manual the device has to rely on its own internal clock...which like the quartz wristwatch is much more accurate at timekeeping than a "grandfather" pendulum clock but no match at all for the very precise time kept  by the atomic clocks which provide "Network" time on the internet and mobile phone network...

By using  Network time  ( NTP server) your PC and phone can check and adjust its time automaticity..just give it the correct time-zone  which for Thailand is GMT+7

On 3/20/2019 at 9:54 AM, johng said:

I suspect your laptop isn't configured to update its clock via a NTP (network time protocol) server so is relying on its built in clock which although quite accurate is no match for an atomic clock.

Exactly correct!

On 3/21/2019 at 12:50 PM, lopburi3 said:

Because that is the time in Singapore based on your ip - your laptop knows you are in Thailand - if minute is same as your computer it is your phone that is wrong and it probably has a setting to adjust time to network that is not activated.

Thanks for info

Archived