BANGKOK 18 April 2019 23:30
Carlosm

Extension of stay, using an agent.

For now i'm not going to mention which agent , but. Having contacted one via their website, due to insufficient funds i needed their help. This was their reply :-

you would have to come the office, but can renew your 1 year
the cost is 15,000 but need you here 1 month before

Pretty vague. Has anyone here used an agent ?, can you use them and if so what exactly do they do ? I dont want to do anything wrong, i've lived here over 20yrs and there's no way i want to do anything that would get me banned out of the country, but i need to do something in the next 4 months which is when my seeding time ends.

What other options do i have, my money is tied up till next year then i dont have a problem and i live in Phetchabun which makes border runs a 15 hour round trip plus processing time.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

15,000 sounds like a bargain compared to some price quotes I have been hearing.

Go in there and ask your questions.

To add, I have never heard of an agent or ex-pat being arrested/harassed by Immigration for using an agent.

In fact they encourage it as it is big money for immigration, why bite the hand that feeds.

Good luck.

Cant go in at the moment, i live rural and its a 10 hour round trip for me.

I thought the news rules were to stop agents paying back handers and immigration officials asking for them so was wondering if it still happens.

• Haha 1

How have you managed the last 20 years?

• Thanks 1

I want to use an agent but dont know what they do. Put the money in your bank account and let it seed or pay off the I.O.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

How have you managed the last 20 years?

Showed i had the money in a foreign trust fund to the B.E. and got a proof of income letter.

• Like 2

if its a fairer system then people will need agents less, when its stacked against you with nationalists then people will use agents more

just have to see n-section at cw where agents of top international schools are leading in the wealthy students in their uniforms, normal, happens everyday there, nobody is kicking up a fuss, in fact the larger organisations like large schools, probably think its the best and only way to get things done, especially under the present conditions

• Like 2

I want to use an agent but dont know what they do. Put the money in your bank account and let it seed or pay off the I.O.
They just pay off Immigration, although Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn seem to have a role. I don't think they bother moving 800k, bit of a myth that

Well if the agents are ever stopped there will all the sudden be a whole lot new Som-tam sellers....

7 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

I use a agent in CM but ther is no free ride, I have to meet all the requirements. Agents are different from one location to another

Hey there are already about a zillion posts on this subject already..

• Like 2

If anyone has successfully used an agent could you send me a message with their name.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, humbug said:

just have to see n-section at cw where agents of top international schools are leading in the wealthy students in their uniforms, normal, happens everyday there, nobody is kicking up a fuss, in fact the larger organisations like large schools, probably think its the best and only way to get things done, especially under the present conditions

I'm lost. What are these children doing insofar as making visa extensions, without their parents and needing paid agents outside the school?

Edited by Number 6