Extension of stay, using an agent.

2 hours ago, Carlosm said:

I am married to a Thai (13 years).

I suggest you get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos based upon marriage. They do not require financial proof when you apply.

The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each 90 day entry which means you would not need to border run for almost 5 months for a new entry.

Not all that far from Phetchabun to a border run to a crossing in Loei to Laos for a new entry.

Edit: Map: https://goo.gl/maps/uqU9ufTRiKN2

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Thanks 1

OP, if you still want to consider using the agent, I would call them, perhaps they did not want to provide a lot of details in an email.  Get clarity on everything you need to provide and how they will process your extension.  If you are 10 hours away from the agent the biggest question to ask is which immigration office would they process the extension at, as that would be the office you would need to do 90 day reports and probably other immigration related activities.  Best of luck to you.

4 minutes ago, Scott424 said:

OP, if you still want to consider using the agent, I would call them, perhaps they did not want to provide a lot of details in an email.  Get clarity on everything you need to provide and how they will process your extension.  If you are 10 hours away from the agent the biggest question to ask is which immigration office would they process the extension at, as that would be the office you would need to do 90 day reports and probably other immigration related activities.  Best of luck to you.

Thanks Scott, just done what you said, emails are vague but ask all the questions and i just need to visit once, 90 day by post via the agent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos based upon marriage. They do not require financial proof when you apply.

The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each 90 day entry which means you would not need to border run for almost 5 months for a new entry.

Not all that far from Phetchabun to a border run to a crossing in Loei to Laos for a new entry.

Edit: Map: https://goo.gl/maps/uqU9ufTRiKN2

Does anyone have a link to the requirements for this visa please?

On 3/20/2019 at 6:05 PM, Carlosm said:

I want to use an agent but dont know what they do. Put the money in your bank account and let it seed or pay off the I.O.

They do BOTH. Corruption is endemic in Thailand and will never change. It was this way 200 years ago and it will be that way 200 years from now.

9 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Does anyone have a link to the requirements for this visa please?

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. A completed application form with 2 photos attached and 5000 baht for the fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kwan said:

Would like to know also

Many thanks.

be very careful, an agent right now might take your dosh (why not) but when it comes to renewal in 12 months you could be shafted when you are checked for compliance  with the rules - and you didn't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1