Doing a 90 day report in another part of Thailand

This year the stars aligned and I don't have to do a 90 day report until April 1 which is no problem since I will be back in Chiang Mai before then. I left to escape the foul air and have to return to Chiang Mai to fly back to the US. I will be returning to Thailand around the middle of May and am planning on checking out some places down south such as Naklua, Jomtien maybe Hua Hin to see about moving there with my g/f to escape the foul air of chiang mai. If we do move then it shouldn't be an issue but if we decide to stay in chiang mai and just leave for 2-3 months during the burning season some questions come to mind. If I have to do a 90 day report while away from chiang mai I take it I would have to do the 90 day report at the nearest immigration office where we will be staying. Is that correct? Also are you supposed to report to the nearest immigration office to report your stay when you first arrive, say for instance in Buriram?As for my annual extension of stay based on retirement it is due on Jan 14 each year and I have been doing it the beginning of December but will start to do it the end of December if we decide to still live in chiang mai because going forward you are going to have to report back to immigration 90 days after your annual extension is completed to verify your funds are still in your bank acct. In this way I should be back in chiang mai before I have to report back to immigration around the end of March. My last question I usually fly back to the US each year around the beginning of April so what would happen, if anything, if my plane departed before I was due to report back to immigration to show the funds still in my bank acct? Would it be the same as what happened this year with my 90 day report whereby I am due to report at immigration on April 1 and my plane is departing the same day so I don't have to report. Any clarification would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, watgate said:

If I have to do a 90 day report while away from chiang mai I take it I would have to do the 90 day report at the nearest immigration office where we will be staying. Is that correct?

You have to do the report in Chiang Mai since that is where you applied for your extension. To do the report at a different office you would have to formally change your address to that office. You could do your report by mail or online to Chiang Mai.

Also are you supposed to report to the nearest immigration office to report your stay when you first arrive, say for instance in Buriram?

Unless you were going to do something at the local immigration office you would not need to any reporting. It is required by the immigration act but it is almost unenforceable other than when you appear at an office.

if we decide to still live in chiang mai because going forward you are going to have to report back to immigration 90 days after your annual extension is completed to verify your funds are still in your bank acct.

At this time there is no written requirement to prove your balance 3 months after the date you apply.  It will be up to what the local office wants done.

• Like 1

Their website is well & truly out of date on the 90 day reporting.

It clearly states can be done at "any immigration office"

It can't be done anywhere else other than office or agent that arranged/issued  visa/extension

I found out the hard way

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, baansgr said:

As you could do it on line if it worked, really makes a mokary of the whole 90 day report thing.

How does it do that?

The online report is still approved or denied at a persons designated immigration office. The online report application is sent to them. 

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How does it do that?

The online report is still approved or denied at a persons designated immigration office. The online report application is sent to them. 

I thought the 90 reporting, is reporting yourself as being living at the address you are registered at. If you are hundreds of miles away at a different address how can you report online you are still there. Dosnt make sense.

10 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I thought the 90 reporting, is reporting yourself as being living at the address you are registered at.

You are still living at that address. Visiting another place is not living there.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You are still living at that address. Visiting another place is not living there.

If you do so for years you do (not formally but in practice)  ... :whistling:

one can also do 90 report at the local police station if not near an immigration office !!   I did in Chaingkien  ( 40 km to nearest immigration in Chaing Rai ) .Just make sure you get acknowledgement in writing !!

13 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

one can also do 90 report at the local police station if not near an immigration office !!   I did in Chaingkien  ( 40 km to nearest immigration in Chaing Rai ) .Just make sure you get acknowledgement in writing !!

You were very lucky they did it.

But would immigration accept the receipt for one done at a police station since there is nothing in the rules allowing it.

I don't want to start a new thread...so I'm just asking a quickie on this one.

I have a 1 year extension to stay based on retirement. 

It expires in July and I would need to renew it.

If today I buy a multi entry permit for 3900baht, does it last me 1 year from today or does it expire in July along with my current extension ?

33 minutes ago, Bert Jones said:

If today I buy a multi entry permit for 3900baht, does it last me 1 year from today or does it expire in July along with my current extension ?

It will expire in July when your extension does. A re-entry permit is only valid to the date the permit to stay it is issued for ends.

• Thanks 1

Another note that surprised me when I moved from Phuket to Hat Yai was that they also required me to get a new guarantor...I think I was on a marriage extension at the time. The spouse cannot be the guarantor.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are still living at that address. Visiting another place is not living there

Confused, when is somebody living somewhere? 

I live now for a few months in Thonglor, but I did my extension in Jomtien in January as I did the last 15 years. 

So my 90 days adress:

Pattaya or Thonglor? 

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could report in Bangkok if you formally changed your address to there.

I didn't. 

My landlord issued a TM30 and sent it to Immigration, but didn't received the voucher back. As it is Bangkok not sure they care about a TM30. 

Last year I stayed also a couple of months in Bangkok (now longer), I did my TM30 on line with Pattaya adress. 

If one do his 90 days report on line, to which adress is it sent? 

I mean is there a central place where the online report arrive and then this central place sent it to your local immigration office? 

Or? 

watgate, try filing your 90 day report online. I usually do mine around day 80 and past 3 years have received confirmation same day. Don't know if there are different versions but this is the form Chiang Mai accepts:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Just use the pull down menus where available and for your flight number don't leave any spaces.

Good luck

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

If one do his 90 days report on line, to which adress is it sent? 

I mean is there a central place where the online report arrive and then this central place sent it to your local immigration office? 

Or? 

After completing the online report application it is sent directly to your local office for approval. If approved or disapproved the online reporting site record is then updated so you can print out the receipt for it. They normally also send you a email informing you about its status.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 5:00 PM, ubonjoe said:

How does it do that?

UBJ: i havent left thailand in 8 years so i suspect i am not in their database for online 90 day reporting; do you think i can go to my local imm office (chiang saen) and ask them to add me to that database ? else i have to do the re-entry permit (1000) then myanmar (tachiliek) 500 including the hassles and stamps; thoughts ? thanks

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

Just use the pull down menus where available and for your flight number don't leave any spaces.

The flight number is not a required field so it can be left blank. Best to only completed the required fields marked with a *.

image.png.0b3ec7d68b7e65a43f6a75abc3515eea.png

image.png.640e0ef2b6f4ad1f9633029e0ce1f338.png

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

UBJ: i havent left thailand in 8 years so i suspect i am not in their database for online 90 day reporting; do you think i can go to my local imm office (chiang saen) and ask them to add me to that database ? else i have to do the re-entry permit (1000) then myanmar (tachiliek) 500 including the hassles and stamps; thoughts ? thanks

Immigration cannot create a entry record if you do not have one due to an entry prior to 2013 or one showing a new passport number.

The only way to get a record is to leave and reenter the country.

Shortly after online reporting became available (4 years now) I was informed by my local office it do a border hop if I wanted do online reporting. But I have never bothered doing it yet.