Trouble at Don Muang

17 hours ago, gwynt said:

I arrived into BKK, Swampy, last night at 19.30 after spending 12 days in Singapore to obtain a Non B for work and for the first time ever in 15 years of passing through had hassle, the young officer after scrutinizing my passport said where your visa? Singapore office had placed it at the front of my passport as there were 2 free pages. I pointed out the visa which he glanced at scribed a line through it and called his supervisor.

She led me to another desk and said the same where your visa, again I politely pointed it out and said it's Non B issued the day before, she responds why you don't have Non O same before your married to Thai, I said company I was going to work for prefered I had Non B, she called someone on her phone for about 10 seconds and then stamped my visa and told me to go, I checked the stamp then left, but what a hassle. I remained calm and polite the whole time.

All this was such a difference to the officers in Singapore who couldn't have been more helpful, specifically the senior officer.

It just seemed that they are scared of making mistakes. which is making it difficult for the average resident.

I use paper clip on visa page....saves time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well perhaps that is fortuitous as Thai Immigration may not have got the message too!

They certainly got the message since immigration issued the police order eliminating it.

image.png.479e282c2ed55e7a81988839d748659d.png

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Extension based on retirement. The member who had bad experience at DM arrived about midnight. Skeleton staff. Can cause bad lines esp if few flights land together. Tonight I depart swampy....would be rather going to DM

Thanks for the clarification. I am also on a Ret Ext and have had no issues at BKK and I am in and out of this blighted realm frequently.

However, the OP is planning using a visa-exempt entry on top of a recent history multiple SETV + ext to stay long-term. Since DMK is the hub of LCC's and thus the preferred exit/re-entry point for 'budget' travelers, the immigration oversight on people 'like that' using the 'wrong visa' to stay long term is already well known. All I can suggest is that he be prepared to be declined.

If the OP does get lucky and does get allowed in, will he try and do it again?

And again?

Just trying to get a metric on the inevitable 'shown the door at don muang' thread.

Edited by NanLaew

NanLaew said:

"However, the OP is planning using a visa-exempt entry on top of a recent history multiple SETV + ext to stay long-term"

Wrong....As I clearly stated in my original post, I have a return ticket to my home country within 30 days, hardly planning to stay "long term" when I fly out 3 weeks after arrival. 

NanLaew said:

"If the OP does get lucky and does get allowed in, will he try and do it again?   And again?"

Get lucky?.....Try and do what again?..... to enter for a 3 week holiday on a Visa Exempt when I have never used this entry method before.  

Are you suggesting I should be refused a first Visa Exempt entry in case I may or may not possibly want to use this entry method again in the future?

NanLaew said:

"the preferred exit/re-entrypoint for 'budget' travelers, the immigration oversight on people 'like that' using the 'wrong visa' to stay long term"

"Budget travelers"(sic) "People like that" ......For goodness sake, just listen to yourself.