Tai Rak Tham party proposes to legalise sex toys

snoop1130

Tai Rak Tham party proposes to legalise sex toys

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

acc676e6fb99ef15990c81304d3975f3-sld.jpeg

A little-known political party competing in the general election revealed on Wednesday one of its priority proposals for Thailand was to legalise the production and sale of sex toys.

The Tai Rak Tham party also proposed around-the-clock operations for entertainment venues.

Deputy leader Chitsanupong Trairatrangsri said the party wished to emphasise the policy as the country has a huge amount of rubber which was the raw material for sex toys.

Therefore, if the production of sex toys was allowed in Thailand, it would add value to the rubber trade, he said.

Legalising sex toys would help reduce sex-related crimes and sexually transmitted diseases, Chitsanupong said.

In Thailand, those who possess or sell sex toys can be subject to legal action.

Chitsanupong was speaking while campaigning in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

He said that his party was formed by LGBT people who were involved in “night entertainment” businesses. At present, the businesses were severely affected by being forced by law to close after 1am.

“The night entertainment operations have been so quiet because of the law. Therefore, we would highlight the proposal for the business to be able to operate for 24 hours,” Chitsanupong said.

The policy, if allowed, will bring huge income to the country, he added.

Tai Rak Tham was registered in August 2013 and the name means “Thais love dharma”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30366179

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-20

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In Thailand, those who possess or sell sex toys can be subject to legal action.

Blimey just as well my mate Dave didn't know that .. He took a discreet handbag style buzzer over for his bird who recoiled in horror when she first seen it branding it a " danger motor " and refused to even remove it from the packaging .. Dave took it back at the end of the trip .. On his return to T/land a few months later he thought he'd try again but got the same response off his girl .. No way .. So at the end of that trip it had to do a second return trip back to blighty still in its box .. It must have been the most well travelled vibrator around at the time .. But hey could've been worse at least he weren't stop by Customs .. 

Does that mean that electric train sets will be available in BIG C- you know Hornby etc.?

I always wondered why my wife liked to stand by the washing machine at the spin cycle, anybody can help me out here? Is a washing machine a sex toy?

2 hours ago, nong38 said:

Does that mean that electric train sets will be available in BIG C- you know Hornby etc.?

I always wondered why my wife liked to stand by the washing machine at the spin cycle, anybody can help me out here? Is a washing machine a sex toy?

Why don't you just come clean about it - Is it a top loader or a front loader?

2 hours ago, nong38 said:

Only if its a Siemens .? :sorry:

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Blimey just as well my mate Dave didn't know that .. He took a discreet handbag style buzzer over for his bird who recoiled in horror when she first seen it branding it a " danger motor " and refused to even remove it from the packaging .. Dave took it back at the end of the trip .. On his return to T/land a few months later he thought he'd try again but got the same response off his girl .. No way .. So at the end of that trip it had to do a second return trip back to blighty still in its box .. It must have been the most well travelled vibrator around at the time .. But hey could've been worse at least he weren't stop by Customs .. 

haha, I am not surprised at this story as I brought some myself and even just talking about them gets them angry sometimes and you get the "I don't like toys!" or "I don't need toys I only need you!"

they never tried them before, it's illegal and they act like it's the devil (just like the mom in the Waterboy movie, lol)

once they understand it's not a replacement then.. practically sure if given the chance, 100% of them would have probably stole it from me

Gets my vote. maybe get manufactures to come with a smaller size Thai line of products

for the ladies, so the Thai guys don't loose face. :giggle:

Wonder if you will be able to buy them along side lottery tickets at the Wat 

maybe even have special ones,  with lucky numbers on the side. 

oh matron 3.jpg

Clearly most important issues prioritised ;) but on a serious note, these are some ridiculous old laws that need some updates, expecially the latter. Bangkok used to be one of the best cities for nightlife, but nowadays it sucks. There is no logical reason why nightclubs have to close so early, even earlier than nanny states like Finland. (well I guess the logic is to keep the cops in business). 

Archived