EC dismisses challenge to Prayut’s PM nomination

snoop1130

EC dismisses challenge to Prayut’s PM nomination

By The Nation

f9608643d2e797d154b24f5524395b89.jpeg

Nation/Vorawit Pumpuang

The Election Commission (EC) on Wednesday voted unanimously to dismiss the complaint against the junta chief’s prime ministerial nomination, saying the process had been lawful.

The case was brought by pro-bono lawyer Winyat Chatmontree last month to disqualify Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha from the contest. Prayut was a state servant and should not be qualified for the nomination, the lawyer argued.

The EC said the nomination was in line with the law, without giving an explanation.

The ombudsman last week issued the same ruling saying Prayut was not a state servant after coming to power via a “temporary” five-year power seizure.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30366189

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-20

21 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The EC said the nomination was in line with the law, without giving an explanation.

That’s because there is no explanation. Prayut is either one or the other. He can’t be both and none at the same time. 

This is criminal. 

40 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

16 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

That’s because there is no explanation. Prayut is either one or the other. He can’t be both and none at the same time. 

This is criminal. 

Absolutely criminal. Yet here they are, getting away with it in broad daylight, as no one seems to have the wit or the gumption to call them out for the blatant and hysterical hypocrisy and fiction that it is. How the Head of State, temporary or otherwise cannot be considered a state servant is beyond me. Still, there is rules and there is junta rules, and junta rules outweigh everyone elses opinion.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely criminal. Yet here they are, getting away with it in broad daylight, as no one seems to have the wit or the gumption to call them out for the blatant and hysterical hypocrisy and fiction that it is. How the Head of State, temporary or otherwise cannot be considered a state servant is beyond me. Still, there is rules and there is junta rules, and junta rules outweigh everyone elses opinion.

I wonder how hard and how long the Electoral Commission laughed before making their ruling?

EC says Gen Prayut’s nomination as PM candidate is legal

Eng-2.png

The Election Commission (EC) has ruled that the Palang Pracharat party’s nomination of General Prayut Chan-o-cha as its prime ministerial candidate is legitimate.

An EC press release today said that the commission had considered a petition filed by a lawyer for the disbanded Thai Rask Chart party Mr. Winy at Chartmontri, challenging the legitimacy of the nomination of Gen Prayut as the Palang Pracharat party’s prime ministerial candidate.

The EC unanimously agreed that the Palang Pracharat’s nomination was legal and in line with Sections 88 and 89 of the Constitution and Sections 13 and 14 of the law on the election of MPs.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ec-says-gen-prayuts-nomination-as-pm-candidate-is-legal/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-21

"...The Election Commission (EC) has ruled that the Palang Pracharat party’s nomination of General Prayut Chan-o-cha as its prime ministerial candidate is legitimate..."

WOW!!! MIND-BLOWING!!! EARTH-SHAKING!!!

I did NOT see that coming!

And, it was unanimous???

I am stunned down to my socks!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

"...Earlier, the Ombudsman’s Office has ruled that Gen Prayut, in his capacity as the Prime Minister and head of the National Council for Peace and Order, is not an “other state official” and, hence, can stand as a prime ministerial candidate. 

The latest ruling by the EC has cleared the Prime Minister of all the legal challenges to his candidacy..."

Phew!!! I mean... JUST WOW!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

I did NOT think that the EC would clear him; I mean... Did anyone see that coming? Anyone? Anyone? 

I need to sit down; the shock of this decision has left me sooooooo stunned that I am gasping for air.

(sadly, I need to point out that I am being sarcastic)

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The Election Commission (EC) has ruled that the Palang Pracharat party’s nomination of General Prayut Chan-o-cha as its prime ministerial candidate is legitimate..."

WOW!!! MIND-BLOWING!!! EARTH-SHAKING!!!

I did NOT see that coming!

And, it was unanimous???

I am stunned down to my socks!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

"...Earlier, the Ombudsman’s Office has ruled that Gen Prayut, in his capacity as the Prime Minister and head of the National Council for Peace and Order, is not an “other state official” and, hence, can stand as a prime ministerial candidate. 

The latest ruling by the EC has cleared the Prime Minister of all the legal challenges to his candidacy..."

Phew!!! I mean... JUST WOW!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

I did NOT think that the EC would clear him; I mean... Did anyone see that coming? Anyone? Anyone? 

I need to sit down; the shock of this decision has left me sooooooo stunned that I am gasping for air.

(sadly, I need to point out that I am being sarcastic)

Thanks for clarifying....but just the same, take your medicine and calm down.

1st world countries seemingly do nothing to act against the dictator, I wonder why? 

Weapons of mass distruction plus the shameful war that followed spring to mind, as do many other interventions against terroists and dictators by so called concerned governments.

Was the war on 'mass weapons of distruction' simply about unlawfully taking the spoils of war, such as the bounty of gold and oil, and in the process, the loss of lifes that sadly took place on all sides concerned?

Are 1st world countries turning blind eyes because of where Thailands is located geographically, being non communist and mainly buddist, boardering on countries considered threats to the west?

Why bother with a vote? Which ever way it goes, the miltary will probably win and if they do not, yet another forcefull take over will no doubt be actioned as it has done on numerous occassions since the 1930s.

I maybe be missing something, but is Thailand run by an unelected government without a democratc vote? Is that not undemocratic? If I am correct with my point of view, that makes the leader a dictator? How can a dictator lawfully run as a candidate? Are not dictators considered threats and criminals? I think Im missing something here. Oh yes, the double edged sword of so called democracy.

Life is so sad. Humans have made a terrible mess of this beautiful planet gifted to us all. My only, open prison. home...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The EC unanimously agreed that the Palang Pracharat’s nomination was legal and in line with Sections 88 and 89 of the Constitution

Not so clear as being legal.

Under the 2017 Constitution1

Section 89(2) :  the person whose name is proposed shall have the qualifications and not be under any of the prohibitions of being a Minister under Section 160

Section 160(6) : A Minister must NOT be under any of the prohibitions under Section 98

Section 98(12) : being a government official holding a permanent position or receiving permanent salary except a political official
Section 98(15) : being an official or an employee of a government agency, State agency, or State enterprise or other State official

The EC's answer IS the question.

1Unofficial translation by the Office of the Council of State. 

Thought this well written article might shine some light on this subject plus it highlights Thailand leading the world in yet another subject

They have become the last of their kind obliviously the rest of the world has it all wrong!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/spotlight/how-thailand-became-the-worlds-last-military-dictatorship/ar-BBV2mdV?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=wispr

23 hours ago, rkidlad said:

This is criminal. 

But he does own the EC so there was never any question as to weather they would rule him as an unlawful candidate. On the other hand filing a challenge does put the question out in the national forum and causes some of the potential voters to mull it over in conjunction with other facts that have been presented as they decide how to vote.

Archived