BANGKOK 19 April 2019 00:13
MrScratch

To day – my 1 year retirement extension experience using 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank

Posted (edited)

So to summarize you needed to show activity on day of application, which is the norm. You were asked to bring bankbook with you and bank letter, on your next 90 day report?

Would have been good if you had asked that if you where  travelling outside los at that time what is required. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, attrayant said:

At CW in Bangkok they are handing out an informational paper showing the new two-month-before (not three) rule, just FYI.  I got a copy of it.

He is not applying at CW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Very good report, i hope it will be better, this will also help imigration. 

• Thanks 1

"Krungsri Bank confirmation letter has to be obtained on the same day as the application , and there has to be financial movement shown in the account on the same day of the retirement extension application .  I was also told that a Bank confirmation letter would only be valid on the day it was issued"

Daft requirement, if only they were more pragmatic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I asked if I needed to again show my updated bank account book when doing my second 90 day report"

I wonder how this will affect the online 90 day reporting system.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, davehowden said:

"I asked if I needed to again show my updated bank account book when doing my second 90 day report"

I wonder how this will affect the online 90 day reporting system.

Or by post, or if you don't do 90 day reports because of out of country. They really have thought this through haven't they!

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

"Krungsri Bank confirmation letter has to be obtained on the same day as the application , and there has to be financial movement shown in the account on the same day of the retirement extension application .  I was also told that a Bank confirmation letter would only be valid on the day it was issued"

Daft requirement, if only they were more pragmatic

I guess the banks will simply have to open earlier for those that are at immigration for the first few appointments.

The 800K in the bank makes less and less sense everyday, monthly income seems to be the route but no doubt they will soon screw around with that as well.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The 800K in the bank makes less and less sense everyday, monthly income seems to be the route but no doubt they will soon screw around with that as well.

It will protect you against future BHT strengthening and no restrictions about how much you bring to Thailand every month, coding issue, etc, high SWIFT fees, etc. and you can use the best money transfer tool available to you. If a person earns less than 65K, this is will also work. Of course, there is a risk of losing investment money in home country and unpredicted loss of money from Thailand banks (extremely rare but reports in the newspapers do indicate that it has happened). It depends on the circumstances of each individual. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the report. It's good to hear actual experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1