BANGKOK 23 April 2019 10:15
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Venomous hot chilli sauce which mimics SPIDER bite will give you muscle spasms

Do you find a Naga Viper barely even tickles your tastebuds?

Does a Carolina Reaper basically leave you cold?

As for a jalapenos, do you in fact eat these to cool down?

If you're the sort of person with a ridiculously high spice tolerance then there's a new chilli sauce which offers a different sort of challenge.

Introducing 'Scientific Steve's Venom Chilli Sauce'.

This new hot sauce has been developed so it mimics the bite of a venomous spider.

Specifically, those of the Trinidad Chevron tarantula’s fangs which leave victims with "muscle spasms and burning pain" - because what meal is complete without a dose of that?

The brains behind this new sauce are Kent-based research firm  Venomtech .

You'll be pleased to know that thanks to the Food Standards Agency, no actual tarantulas were harmed in the making of their sauce, which instead uses a synthetic poison.

Managing director and founder Steven Trim, 41, said: "It's as best as we can manage without actually tasting the venom.

"It's a similar heat component that the venom would cause.

"I laughed it off at the time and said it was hilarious to do. Nobody has been foolish enough to try the venom.

Full article

I like when people do silly challenges and eat that hot stuff and then start passing out and drooling and puking. Hysterical.

Shoving a hot curling iron up your bum will produce similar results. BOTH cases beg the question "Why would you do that in the first place?"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, quandow said:

Shoving a hot curling iron up your bum will produce similar results. BOTH cases beg the question "Why would you do that in the first place?"

Spicy food is addictive, you get people who can't even eat a sandwich without adding drops of some ludicrous sauce made from capsaicin extract. I ate one of the hottest curries in the UK over a decade ago, I quite enjoyed the food actually, however, in the early hours of the next morning I was awoken by my bowels and was unable to go out for several hours.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Spicy food is addictive, you get people who can't even eat a sandwich without adding drops of some ludicrous sauce made from capsaicin extract. I ate one of the hottest curries in the UK over a decade ago, I quite enjoyed the food actually, however, in the early hours of the next morning I was awoken by my bowels and was unable to go out for several hours.

Yes, I had one of those at The Golden Egg , Reigate Surrey in about 1969 . After a few pints of proper beer it was always followed by an Indian , Chicken Madras , pillaw rice , Bombay pots and mushroom bhaji . Not hot enough one night, when the extra hot arrived in a sauce boat the staff were peering round the kitchen door.  First my eye balls itched then pins and needles behind my finger nails . I still make hot curries here but nothing like THAT one.