Next Brexit defeat could mean election, May could say: Channel 4

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

LOL Small margin, over a million people.

You sound like Jeremy Corbyn who said that they won, even though Labour came second and May was still PM. I guess its like the football team who get beat, 5-2 but claim it was a victory.

Usual Brexiter intelligent comment.

Over a million people margin Wow - oh wait, as another poster points out it's only 3.7% !

I didn't say she lost, I said she got a canning. Remind us, what was her majority before her snap election and what was it after the election? Did she fire her two top advisers afterwards?

Brexit and Reality - now there's an oxymoron!

3 hours ago, sungod said:

Comrade Corbyn and his loony left would do far more damage to the country than a hard Brexit. The only saving grace is Abbot and her mathematical skills would employed as home secretary and not Chancellor of the Exchequer!!!!

why so hard for Mr Corbyn ….? Whit a litle "make over " he could look as the best of Conservatives …..:biggrin:

2019-01-11_165727.png

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

1.3 million is a lot. 

3.7 % isn't. 

And yet they are related. 

Maybe the poster should have put 3.7% down and not say it was s small margin then.

Either way even if it was one voter you have to have a winner and a loser. Although in these soft, wishy washy, millennial generation, when they lose they stamp, shout, scream, and go to crying rooms as they can't accept losing. 

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Remind us, what was her majority before her snap election and what was it after the election? Did she fire her two top advisers afterwards?

She was prime minister before the GE and also after. That's all that matters. Yes she had a less majority but a canning. Please define that. More like a slap.

8 hours ago, bannork said:

The country's a week away from its most important decision since September 1939 and all posters are doing is engaging in childish personal vendettas. 

I don't see how an election will resolve Brexit. Let's have a debate broadcast on every TV channel for 5 days in a row between advocates and dissenters of Brexit. Advocates must have a clear cut plan that is open to debate. After that a referendum as to stay according to the Brexiteers' plan or call the whole thing off and imprison Cameron for life for wasting people's time.

You mean like the T.V broadcasted debate between Nigel Farage and the now Facebook vice -President Nick Clegg.

8 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Constituents cannot deselect an MP. Only their party members can.deselect. There are changes in the mood of people here in the UK. An election could be won by a majority of remainers MPs regardless of the party. There is a very large number of new young voters who also want to vote to remain. There is another huge rally taking place this Saturday towards Parliament to demand a People's Vote. The number attending could top over a million people. Last time there was over 750,000 in October 2018. The £39 billion the UK has to pay the EU, proves we were in profit this much from the EU and this is why it was stupid to think of leaving in the first place. No sensible business gives away all its profits.

How many of those people, who will take part in the London March, will be British?

AC9AE6FC-A2F2-4C77-B96F-BAF6C49CD4D6.jpeg

14 hours ago, bannork said:

The country's a week away from its most important decision since September 1939 and all posters are doing is engaging in childish personal vendettas

Is it just you and me, who refuse to sling buckets of sh!t and antagonise others?

It's like some bloody horror movie where the protagonist wakes up to a world gone mad. Thanks for assuring me that not everyone else is contaminated...

10 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Abbot couldn't wash a coupla dirty plates..brainless pc waste of space imo

She went to Grammar School followed by Cambridge University. Probably better than most of the Brexiteer headless chickens around here.

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

She went to Grammar School followed by Cambridge University. Probably better than most of the Brexiteer headless chickens around here.

You ignore the fact she is female, left-wing and black. Hardly likely to win friends on here, then.

Go Farage and his brave marchers!

15 hours ago, bannork said:

The country's a week away from its most important decision since September 1939 and all posters are doing is engaging in childish personal vendettas. 

I don't see how an election will resolve Brexit. Let's have a debate broadcast on every TV channel for 5 days in a row between advocates and dissenters of Brexit. Advocates must have a clear cut plan that is open to debate. After that a referendum as to stay according to the Brexiteers' plan or call the whole thing off and imprison Cameron for life for wasting people's time.

What's another 5 more wasted days?

20 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Turkeys not chickens,i wonder how many are grabbing the 41bt for their pounds while they can

14 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Constituents cannot deselect an MP. Only their party members can.deselect. There are changes in the mood of people here in the UK. An election could be won by a majority of remainers MPs regardless of the party. There is a very large number of new young voters who also want to vote to remain. There is another huge rally taking place this Saturday towards Parliament to demand a People's Vote. The number attending could top over a million people. Last time there was over 750,000 in October 2018. The £39 billion the UK has to pay the EU, proves we were in profit this much from the EU and this is why it was stupid to think of leaving in the first place. No sensible business gives away all its profits.

With 100Bn trade deficit. Right. 

28 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I was wondering why the pound was sinking rather rapidly today (Brexiteers will be along to tell us the upside of that I suspect) - on the plus side we could get to watch Diana Abbott pull the UK purse strings from afar - if that not a reason to get up in the morning nothing is !

Sterling was going high and then has suddenly dropped due to the constraints accompanying the EU offer to extend the withdrawal process.

50 minutes ago, nauseus said:

With 100Bn trade deficit. Right. 

your lot usually shout that a weak pound is the best think possible as it boosts exports,shows how bright they are,10% (which the pound lost after the vote if not more) of your figure is 10bn go and stick that on the side of bojo's bus,if you think brexit is going to erode the trade gap you need immediate help from a psychologist,all businesses and manufacturing are blue in the face at telling the govt that a no deal is bonkers,but i suppose you know better,your usual reply of project fear has worn thin,yes the food shortage claims are off the mark but i think everyone knows that and its more a joke than anything else but when the vast (probably 80-90% ) of industry says no deal is suicide then MPs have to listen and i believe they have,this above all else is why brexit hasnt happened,brexit started  with immigration and it is barely even mentioned these days,iam against immigration but not at the cost of trashing the economy even though it wont affect me personally.

4 hours ago, bomber said:

your lot usually shout that a weak pound is the best think possible as it boosts exports,shows how bright they are,10% (which the pound lost after the vote if not more) of your figure is 10bn go and stick that on the side of bojo's bus,if you think brexit is going to erode the trade gap you need immediate help from a psychologist,all businesses and manufacturing are blue in the face at telling the govt that a no deal is bonkers,but i suppose you know better,your usual reply of project fear has worn thin,yes the food shortage claims are off the mark but i think everyone knows that and its more a joke than anything else but when the vast (probably 80-90% ) of industry says no deal is suicide then MPs have to listen and i believe they have,this above all else is why brexit hasnt happened,brexit started  with immigration and it is barely even mentioned these days,iam against immigration but not at the cost of trashing the economy even though it wont affect me personally.

We have meaningful votes ...and meaningless posts! 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

We have meaningful votes ...and meaningless posts! 

you are the king of meaningless posts,i see your dream has been delayed ???? never mind you live to dream another day,maybe you can muster up another dream while your dream dream is being re dreamt,try and dream a meaningful dream,now thats would be a nice dream,good night and sweet dreams mr dreamer.

Has anyone else noticed the change in news/media lately in the UK. Again MP's now claiming that they are being victimised and called traitors by constituents for not following the referendum result.

I wouldn't be surprised if by magic someone gets attacked or even killed and then a sway in public opinion will happen. It wouldn't be the first time. Just keep your eyes open for it, that is all I will say.

2 hours ago, bomber said:

you are the king of meaningless posts,i see your dream has been delayed ???? never mind you live to dream another day,maybe you can muster up another dream while your dream dream is being re dreamt,try and dream a meaningful dream,now thats would be a nice dream,good night and sweet dreams mr dreamer.

you'd never get far on "Just a Minute" ????

20 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm curious as to how Chomper can claim to have had the claimed contact with UK constituents/electoriate when it had previously been established that he's from TRUMPton.

Is he 'walting' or have I missed something?

This was @Chomper Higgot who may have missed it at the first attempt.

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Do you actually think before you post your conspiracy theory nonsense? 

Not nonsense at all. In yesterday’s news, a remain supporting M.P. was assaulted. Had his glasses broken. O.K. not serious, but could this be the start.

If you ignore the Democratic decisions of the electorate, then do not be surprised if they Have to resort to alternative ways of expressing their anger.

Thai people and British people have many things in common. One is that we are both governed by arrogant elitist. 

DBE00DC8-E3C9-4057-80EA-913156B8FB24.jpeg

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Has anyone else noticed the change in news/media lately in the UK. Again MP's now claiming that they are being victimised and called traitors by constituents for not following the referendum result.

I wouldn't be surprised if by magic someone gets attacked or even killed and then a sway in public opinion will happen. It wouldn't be the first time. Just keep your eyes open for it, that is all I will say.

Tommy your time has come.step forward and become a hero to millions,

Archived